Top Officer On Bangkok Airport Seizure Cases Wants Out

webfact

Ahh, the Thaksin Fan Club Triumvirate convenes. Always a special day.

Deny, lie, deny, lie, cast blame elsewhere, falsely accuse others, deny and lie some more. That has always been Thaksin's modus operandi

Unnatural obession...maybe you a closet red or you bed wet late into your teens..somethings just not right

There's a lot of contention for the Sriracha John Memorial Prize where the honour goes to the person who introduces the subject of Thaksin into an entirely unrelated subject.I agree you have identified a promising candidate.

Random won it in the F16 thread.

It seems that whenever Thaksin doesn't get mentioned quick enough, he is brought up by a pro-red poster.

The grass roots red shirts have some very valid issues. This gets ruined 200% by the red shirt leaders, the PTP, and Thaksin.

Another one with unnatural obsessive behaviour.. People on here are now on your case

There's a lot of contention for the Sriracha John Memorial Prize where the honour goes to the person who introduces the subject of Thaksin into an entirely unrelated subject.I agree you have identified a promising candidate.

Random won it in the F16 thread.

It seems that whenever Thaksin doesn't get mentioned quick enough, he is brought up by a pro-red poster.

If you mean the comment about the two planes crashing would be blamed on Thaksin, that was a piss take... on guess who

I know this might be a bit much to expect from The Nation... but...

From the article, it's clear this police Lt. General has "resigned", or apparently asked to be relieved, from his job as heading the PAD investigation...

It's not at all clear, one way or the other, whether he was also resigning as an assistant national police chief. The article didn't say that... so I'm assuming he's not, but the article is silent on that point. It would have been nice for the author to have clarified that issue, since the article talks about him resigning....

Then, it strikes me as very strange, almost unbelievable, that an assistant national police chief in charge of a big-time investigation would end up in any way spending his own money to investigate the case.

Police in Thailand, by all accounts, don't spend their own money.... they make their own money. You'd certainly think that level of job carries with it sufficient authority to obtain the resources and support needed.

And if he was not getting that support, it seemingly would have had to be someone(s) even higher up in the police executive ranks (how many higher are there than asst. national police chief) who's getting in the way or denying this Lt. General the resources required for the investigation...

The grass roots red shirts have some very valid issues. This gets ruined 200% by the red shirt leaders, the PTP, and Thaksin.

Another one with unnatural obsessive behaviour.. People on here are now on your case

NOW on my case???? They've been on my case for ages.

But thanks for highlighting my signature.

edit: And I think the one with the unnatural obsession is the one quoting signatures completely off topic.

Edited by whybother

It would seem the PAD has learned from master Taksin. Rule number 1 - If anyone says anything I don't like, I'll sue them on the grounds of defamation. Taksins favourite weapon.

Beyond belief! An article wholly about the PAD and its illegal seizure of the airport and the very first reply mentions Thaksin. Not in a way that would normally link the two subjects, e.g the PAD occupied the airport in part to express their dissatisfaction with the Thaksin Government, oh no, any excuse to mention Thaksin will do. In the words of many a girlfriend to their affronted partner;

"Just leave it, He's not worth it"

I fully expect someone to pop up with a Jpeg any minute.

By special request, click on image to see effect :)

post-58-0-52913600-1297781173_thumb.gif

Edited by rubl

I believe you want room 205, down the hall, 2nd door on your right.

"Brothers, let us stand shoulder to shoulder, united in NOT talking about anything to do with Thaksin. It can be done. As it was in the past. So will it be again!!!!!!! (cue murmurs of approval)"

That was an excerpt from the keynote speech at the last meeting.

Whenever I feel an attack of mentioning the unmentionable I will say "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes". By the time I worked my way through that the upcoming attack has subsided :)

I know this might be a bit much to expect from The Nation... but...

From the article, it's clear this police Lt. General has "resigned", or apparently asked to be relieved, from his job as heading the PAD investigation...

It's not at all clear, one way or the other, whether he was also resigning as an assistant national police chief. The article didn't say that... so I'm assuming he's not, but the article is silent on that point. It would have been nice for the author to have clarified that issue, since the article talks about him resigning....

Then, it strikes me as very strange, almost unbelievable, that an assistant national police chief in charge of a big-time investigation would end up in any way spending his own money to investigate the case.

Police in Thailand, by all accounts, don't spend their own money.... they make their own money. You'd certainly think that level of job carries with it sufficient authority to obtain the resources and support needed.

And if he was not getting that support, it seemingly would have had to be someone(s) even higher up in the police executive ranks (how many higher are there than asst. national police chief) who's getting in the way or denying this Lt. General the resources required for the investigation...

Interesting question ... who indeed would stand to gain from any disruption of justice in this particular arena? One can only wonder.

No they threw me out on the basis of actually loathing Thaksin which was a bit of a bummer.

I recently joined the " Equal Opportunities Piss Takers Of Thin-Skinned Obsessives Quorum"

Did you mean Room 101?

"Brothers, let us stand shoulder to shoulder, united in NOT talking about anything to do with Thaksin. It can be done. As it was in the past. So will it be again!!!!!!! (cue murmurs of approval)"

That was an excerpt from the keynote speech at the last meeting.

"I have a dream". A Thaksinless society in fact. Oops. I have another dream also. That his podgy ex does her time some time soon.

It would seem the PAD has learned from master Taksin. Rule number 1 - If anyone says anything I don't like, I'll sue them on the grounds of defamation. Taksins favourite weapon.

No WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It shows who is running this country - certainly not the government - but the yellow shirts. They don't like someting they start a war or big trouble in little Thailand

The PAD is a criminal organization hell bent on taking full control of the government. Where is Lenin when you need him?

Firstly, Why do you say that PAD is a criminal organisation??? That's news to me. Don't get me wrong - I am not a sympathiser of their cause (I was at one time) but most definitely not now as the good they did in removing Thaksin has been more than undone by their stance and irresponsible involvement and actions on the border conflict altercations!!! As for them being hell bent on taking full control from the government - Crawley Town stand more chance of beating Man Utd at Old Trafford on Saturday than for PAD being successful in ousting the government (how wonderful a fairy tail story that would be though) - for Crawley town that is!!!

Lenin died many years ago by the way - surprised you hadn't heard this as it was big news at the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I feel an attack of mentioning the unmentionable I will say "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes". :)

Isn't that the Ket language of Central Siberia for " Excuse me, my grandmother is menstruating rather heavily and is suffering from a severe case of the Eartha Kitts after eating that partially undercooked yak's cock. Could you direct me to the nearest apothecary?"

:unsure:

No WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It shows who is running this country - certainly not the government - but the yellow shirts. They don't like someting they start a war or big trouble in little Thailand

Yes, RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course the government is running the country, and admirably so I must say. It is a joke to even suggest that the (NEO-PAD) non-entity organisation PAD has one iota of control over Thailand. They (PAD) didn't start this row as it has been festering for years now without any sign of it being satisfactorily resolved due to Kampuchea's non-willingness to do so as it suits them as things stand. All they have done is inflamed the situation unnecessarily by the wreckless actions they have taken just because the government wasn't able to help them with their problems arising from the airports and government house blockade. The governments hands were tied on this unfortunately because they could not be seen to be intervening by aiding them as the 'red shirts' would jump on them 'like a ton of bricks' accusing them of favoritism in supporting PAD in their deemed, past, criminal activities. I understand why they are so peeved as they helped Abhisit IN and he cannot HELP THEM OUT in their hour of need.

Thailand had a population that is 6,000,000 greater than that of the UK (as of 2009) with a land area more than double that of the tiny UK by the way!!!!

33333333333333???????