Decent Italian Restaraunt

james24

Hi guys

Gfriend was working last night so didnt have chance to go out together, does anyone know of a really good Italian restaraunt to take her too...?

She's never really eaten at a traditional Italian so if anyone knows of one that is fairlt decent that would be great

Cheers :-)

Don't know the name, but the Italian restaurant on Sunday walking street (inside the moat from Taipei Gate) maybe 25 yards down Walking Street on the left from Black Canyon Coffee (it's the first restaurant you will see) has original Italian style (thin crust) pizza that is excellent. The lasagna is very good too. I've been to Pumpui and was very disappointed.

Wherever you decide, enjoy.

Thanks guys load to consider which is cool.

I've been to both pumpui's and the one near Thapae, have passed Casa Antonio's quite a few time I think, is that the one near Sacred Heart church...?

Are the other two near Nimman perhaps...?

I went to pumpui last night and really enjoyed it

Moonmuang Rd Soi 2 (Turn Left after MadDogs Pizza - drive past a few bars)

Pumpui's is good and has stood the test of time.

If it wasn't any good it would have packed up many moons ago.

Edited by uptheos

The place right next-door to UG's Book Shop on Soi Chiang Mai Kao.

That is De Stafanos right? I finally got around to trying that place last week. Don't think I have ever been more disappointed in a meal, than I was with that one. The food (lasagna) was very bland and almost flavorless. Maybe it was an extremely off day for them, but I think I am too put-off to go back and try it again.

I've tried Pumpoi's probably a year or more ago. Pretty good food, good service, nice atmosphere, etc. Quite enjoyable. Been meaning to go back. Pumpoi definitely gets my vote.

-Mestizo

The place right next-door to UG's Book Shop on Soi Chiang Mai Kao.

That is De Stafanos right? I finally got around to trying that place last week. Don't think I have ever been more disappointed in a meal, than I was with that one. The food (lasagna) was very bland and almost flavorless. Maybe it was an extremely off day for them, but I think I am too put-off to go back and try it again.

I've tried Pumpoi's probably a year or more ago. Pretty good food, good service, nice atmosphere, etc. Quite enjoyable. Been meaning to go back. Pumpoi definitely gets my vote.

-Mestizo

I was in Da Stephanos last night with my wife. I've been going there intermittently for over 10 years. I've never been disappointed.

Don't know the name, but the Italian restaurant on Sunday walking street (inside the moat from Taipei Gate) maybe 25 yards down Walking Street on the left from Black Canyon Coffee (it's the first restaurant you will see) has original Italian style (thin crust) pizza that is excellent. The lasagna is very good too. I've been to Pumpui and was very disappointed.

Wherever you decide, enjoy.

It is probably "La lanterna di Genova". Haven't been there for a while, but remember very good pizzas and pastas (pesto in particular), frequented by lots of local Italians.

I agree with all the suggestions. A couple of others:

Girasole - down Rachadamnoen rd in the food court on the left hand side as you head toward Wat Phra Singh. Mrs Millwall_fan and I dned there last weekend and it was very good.

Billy's: on Kampangdin Rd (formerly Chez Gibus) turn left onto Kampangdin off Loi Kroh and its about 100m on the left. 'Billy' is Burmese (well he's Chin really) and learned to cook italian food from Sergio of Bounissimo fame) Good basic Italian food at very reasonable prices.

....actually thinking of Sergio, he has downsized into a very agreeable little place right near Thapae Gate called Pizza e Vino. also very nice.

The pizzas, pasta & parmigianos at The Olde Bell are good too!!