Day Rides, Chiang Rai Bikers

kandahar

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, next time I'm in town I'll try and hook up for one of the rides. Let me know the route though, as I may have to plan on buying a contingency bike. :lol:

vt_09_act6_s.jpgvt_09_act3_s.jpgsergio_raga_2s.jpg

Ahh - the missing pics from the ride the other day. Is that Jubby??

Guys, next time I'm in town I'll try and hook up for one of the rides. Let me know the route though, as I may have to plan on buying a contingency bike. :lol:

You mean a Ducati couldn’t jump that rock? I would have thought is would fly over with one flick of the wrist. ;)

(My 2000th post. A truly sad day, how did it ever come to this?) :(

You mean a Ducati couldn't jump that rock? I would have thought is would fly over with one flick of the wrist. ;)

Yes, Ducati's can leap tall buildings in a single bound.......uh wrong train of thought. The 999 can smell dirt roads at a thousand yards and will get cantankerous if pressed onwards. :D

Big words, whether appropriate or not, equal ridicule. I’ll try and remember that when composing future communiqué for this illustrious and distinguished assemblage. ;)

Angry with the world today VF !. or just misunderstood

hey, Woralak . 'Jep Dude' is that like 'Jep Toot' ? Like they say 'Bear with a Sore Ass' !? ;)

we should be thinking about the next route. Woralak mentions the chiang khong and puu chi faa. can make a nice long or short circular route. And all Tarmac (the last time I looked) so should be ok for all. the bit over doi yaow or whatever its called could be a problem as its seriously steep. Its a spectacular view but not without its risk.

I also think we have missed the riding season, its getting far too hot in the afternoons now. Maybe we can have a support vehicle next time with Aircon for some of the ladies , also allow us to do the tricky bits solo. My Kids will be off school for the next trip, so maybe I'll be the support vehicle. may even do an over nighter.

There are just so many routes up here, does everyone have a copy of the GT-Rider golden triangle map ? thats the place to start looking if you are thinking of planning a route.

Thanks for the back up Jubbs, another poster seems to think that big words and a negative response is more fitting, (no names no pack drill) i write from the heart and talk out my mouth, anyway we still have time to check out the route for the next trip if it is to be puu chi faa, we dont have to meet in CK and it doesn't have to be a sleep over it was just a thought and i was trying to be accommondating to those who wated to stay over.

I can't comment on the state of the roads as i haven't used them in years, maybe Raylo would be in a better position to add something on this or maybe Sven, we could even meet up in Toeng.

There are many ways to go to puu chi faa and some of the roads as i remember are best avoided, again i'm sure someone will have a better feedback about this.

Sorry to see there has been a little squabbling going on after our first trip, i don't think what size of bike you ride is a factor, it's all about enjoying the day and meeting up old/new friends, although size is important (or so they say) when deciding on the route to take, some of us that have smaller machines would find it a bit of a struggle to cope with some of the steep inclines, again we have time on our side to make sure it is doable for everyone that wants to come along and hopefully enjoy the the day.

Hi Woralak - or should I name you truly:- Worzel Gummidge?

I was intending to contact you about a possible ride up your way next week. Pu Chi Fa ho hum. I can tell you the back road to Phusang / Chiang Kham from PCF had heaps of potholes in January. Especially on some neat sweeping corners. Dangerous for some.

If VF does not mind me analysing his statement that we have had a few comments on? My view is his message is that - Fear of the unknown strikes terror into the hearts of the superstitious or more simply put big words scare some people. His offer was to make it simpler, in his posts, for some.

As with VF & BSA boy my view is that the ride is the reason we go. If we look at day rides to local attractions then we should be able to satisfy most people. As I dont know that much around CR it would be a great way to learn as long as it does not bore too many others. The social interaction at Wet Dreams was good.

Harry: Support is most welcome and I would like to discuss your relationship to the Dean Bros. If you cannot get off the bike I am sure one of our helpful people will push you off. Remember it is not the fall that kills only the landing!

Kandybar: Talk to Scorpio about getting your butt in shape. His seems to have improved since I last saw him in Swensens but alternatively stops for pix, butt massage and refreshments are par for this course.

Nachos Grassy Ass

You mean a Ducati couldn’t jump that rock? I would have thought is would fly over with one flick of the wrist. ;)

Get a life??

Get a life??

I'm working on it. ;)

Big words, whether appropriate or not, equal ridicule. I'll try and remember that when composing future communiqué for this illustrious and distinguished assemblage. ;)

Angry with the world today VF !. or just misunderstood

hey, Woralak . 'Jep Dude' is that like 'Jep Toot' ? Like they say 'Bear with a Sore Ass' !? ;)

we should be thinking about the next route. Woralak mentions the chiang khong and puu chi faa. can make a nice long or short circular route. And all Tarmac (the last time I looked) so should be ok for all. the bit over doi yaow or whatever its called could be a problem as its seriously steep. Its a spectacular view but not without its risk.

I also think we have missed the riding season, its getting far too hot in the afternoons now. Maybe we can have a support vehicle next time with Aircon for some of the ladies , also allow us to do the tricky bits solo. My Kids will be off school for the next trip, so maybe I'll be the support vehicle. may even do an over nighter.

There are just so many routes up here, does everyone have a copy of the GT-Rider golden triangle map ? thats the place to start looking if you are thinking of planning a route.

Thanks for the back up Jubbs, another poster seems to think that big words and a negative response is more fitting, (no names no pack drill) i write from the heart and talk out my mouth, anyway we still have time to check out the route for the next trip if it is to be puu chi faa, we dont have to meet in CK and it doesn't have to be a sleep over it was just a thought and i was trying to be accommondating to those who wated to stay over.

I can't comment on the state of the roads as i haven't used them in years, maybe Raylo would be in a better position to add something on this or maybe Sven, we could even meet up in Toeng.

There are many ways to go to puu chi faa and some of the roads as i remember are best avoided, again i'm sure someone will have a better feedback about this.

Sorry to see there has been a little squabbling going on after our first trip, i don't think what size of bike you ride is a factor, it's all about enjoying the day and meeting up old/new friends, although size is important (or so they say) when deciding on the route to take, some of us that have smaller machines would find it a bit of a struggle to cope with some of the steep inclines, again we have time on our side to make sure it is doable for everyone that wants to come along and hopefully enjoy the the day.

Hi Woralak - or should I name you truly:- Worzel Gummidge?

I was intending to contact you about a possible ride up your way next week. Pu Chi Fa ho hum. I can tell you the back road to Phusang / Chiang Kham from PCF had heaps of potholes in January. Especially on some neat sweeping corners. Dangerous for some.

If VF does not mind me analysing his statement that we have had a few comments on? My view is his message is that - Fear of the unknown strikes terror into the hearts of the superstitious or more simply put big words scare some people. His offer was to make it simpler, in his posts, for some.

As with VF & BSA boy my view is that the ride is the reason we go. If we look at day rides to local attractions then we should be able to satisfy most people. As I dont know that much around CR it would be a great way to learn as long as it does not bore too many others. The social interaction at Wet Dreams was good.

Harry: Support is most welcome and I would like to discuss your relationship to the Dean Bros. If you cannot get off the bike I am sure one of our helpful people will push you off. Remember it is not the fall that kills only the landing!

Kandybar: Talk to Scorpio about getting your butt in shape. His seems to have improved since I last saw him in Swensens but alternatively stops for pix, butt massage and refreshments are par for this course.

Nachos Grassy Ass

Cheers Raylo, not been to puu chi faa for 4 years so thanks for the update on the roads, some good points from VF also, maybe you old hands at this kinda thing could sort summick out, if you guys say it's ok on a 200cc put put then it's good for me, this is all new to me but i really enjoyed the ride, my arse was like a cricket bat when we arrived home but worth the effort, mind you i started off at 6am from CK and i am on the verge of applying for my oap so give Worzel, a chance me and touchwood did ok :) ,looking forward to the next outing, gotta work on these old butt muscles though there getting a bit slack to say the least.

Hats of to you for the handling of that big springer of yours, mine is only 140Kilos but i found it, a (little tiresome) would be an understatement, anyways hope you can get your head together with those in the know and arrange a suitable trip for the next time, lookin forward to it.

Cheers Raylo, not been to puu chi faa for 4 years so thanks for the update on the roads, some good points from VF also, maybe you old hands at this kinda thing could sort summick out, if you guys say it's ok on a 200cc put put then it's good for me, this is all new to me but i really enjoyed the ride, my arse was like a cricket bat when we arrived home but worth the effort, mind you i started off at 6am from CK and i am on the verge of applying for my oap so give Worzel, a chance me and touchwood did ok :) ,looking forward to the next outing, gotta work on these old butt muscles though there getting a bit slack to say the least.

Hats of to you for the handling of that big springer of yours, mine is only 140Kilos but i found it, a (little tiresome) would be an understatement, anyways hope you can get your head together with those in the know and arrange a suitable trip for the next time, lookin forward to it.

Thx.

But

What I am saying is that I am the last person you should ask about trips & detsinations....

AS to the butt... maybe you and the KandyMan can help each other out?? True buddies!

Nice offer Harry. Thanks and keep us posted.

raylo just joined the long list of guys who are more interested in my ass than I am. I don't understand it.

VF's statement, the original, basically said the request was redundant because of previous posts. And it was a bit redundant. But the statement with the word "redundant" wasn't an attack on TB, as near as I can tell. Maybe just a not-so subtle reminder to pay attention. The same statement would have fit me in lots of instances in the past. I don't see what the grumbling is about.

I agree with having trips that involve local attractions. I discovered the elephant camp on the last ride and today, my MIL, FIL and Aunt IL went out there with me. They had never seen it. FIL and his sister went for the 30 minute elephant ride, in the river and all and had a blast. So, discovering the local stuff gives my butt a rest and allows me to stretch my legs and it gets passed on to a few elders who have never seen some of these things. BTW, the FIL insisted on taking his machete on this trip when he heard we were going to see elephants. I don't know what he thought we were going to be doing but the wife could not talk him out of taking it. Cracked me up. Anyway, I think these three senior citizen Thais enjoyed the camp more than the youthful tourists that were there.

So, I think woralak has the next ride on his plate, in the CK area. Is that right? If so, I'm in but will go up the day before. If anyone wants to join up and go together the day before, let me know. I do know rooms aren't too expensive there. Maybe I'll just take a hammock and hang out out someone's house where I can get a shower. Can't speak for the wife at this time; don't know if she will go or not. Will have to wait until we get closer to the date.

Edited by kandahar

Kd. isn't it amazing these old folks haven't been when its on there doorstep.

The FIL knows a thing or two about elephants maybe. The machette is used to control (occasionally) a Bull Elephant if it gets out of hand. stick the machette into its neck to inflict some pain. I've seen it used on several occasions in the past. the skins maybe a couple of inches thick there.

Maybe he thought he was gonna be the manhout.

don't think my wife will be on the next trip unless I take the Car. She enjoyed it but it was too long a day for her on that small saddle.

Excellent choice Jubby

Kandy I just thought you and Worzil could form a mutual support group but I admit I was quesy at the thought

of what the 2 of you might get up to.

As to age you are looking OK considering your namesake (Bogart) was born in 1899.

Atleast it wasn't from Charlie and the chocolate factory :)

A Guy in that video has a remarkable resemblance to Elvis Costello. maybe its his dad

Somewhere else that is a nice easy (rainy season)drive is to go down to Chiangrai zoo off the old C.M road (stopping to say 'hello' to the toucans and talking mynha birds) then back down to the C.M road where you have the option to head up to Doi Chang coffee up the hill if it's dry, or to go a little further along the main road to access the dam/ reservoir off to the right for a breather/coffee/ lunch. After that it's down to Mae Suai to stop off at the Charin resort on the left hand side of the road who do great cakes. Then it's straight back up the road to home. Should take the best part of a day at a very comfortable speed. The roads are all paved. Another nice route is to go up past Doi Tung and visit the captive breeding place and the Arboretum, then carry on over the hill to meet back up with the superhighway near Mae Sai. You need to take I.D with you if you are using this back road as there are a few military guard posts. Great views.

raylo just joined the long list of guys who are more interested in my ass than I am. I don't understand it.

VF's statement, the original, basically said the request was redundant because of previous posts. And it was a bit redundant. But the statement with the word "redundant" wasn't an attack on TB, as near as I can tell. Maybe just a not-so subtle reminder to pay attention. The same statement would have fit me in lots of instances in the past. I don't see what the grumbling is about.

I agree with having trips that involve local attractions. I discovered the elephant camp on the last ride and today, my MIL, FIL and Aunt IL went out there with me. They had never seen it. FIL and his sister went for the 30 minute elephant ride, in the river and all and had a blast. So, discovering the local stuff gives my butt a rest and allows me to stretch my legs and it gets passed on to a few elders who have never seen some of these things. BTW, the FIL insisted on taking his machete on this trip when he heard we were going to see elephants. I don't know what he thought we were going to be doing but the wife could not talk him out of taking it. Cracked me up. Anyway, I think these three senior citizen Thais enjoyed the camp more than the youthful tourists that were there.

So, I think woralak has the next ride on his plate, in the CK area. Is that right? If so, I'm in but will go up the day before. If anyone wants to join up and go together the day before, let me know. I do know rooms aren't too expensive there. Maybe I'll just take a hammock and hang out out someone's house where I can get a shower. Can't speak for the wife at this time; don't know if she will go or not. Will have to wait until we get closer to the date.

Well b/fast is still on offer and the bevy, you can always stay here the night before (no prob), but please Kd i'm not the one to ask about where to go as iv'e never ventured to many attractions around here, like i said in a previous post "this is all new to me", so if anyone wants to step up to the mark lets here from you, either a trip over this way or a another area.

Agreed KD, still looking fo the elusive BIG-UNS :passifier:

Just a suggestion fo those with sore butts. If the trip starts a ways from your residence, is it possible to load your bike in a pick up if it isn't too big and take it to the meeting point. Maybe a trailer or bigger truck for bigger bikes.

This might make sence to carry a bike to Chiang Kong. Or bring your support vehicle full of provisions .

Lao Dark would be nice, but think regular would do in a pinch. :D

Edited by TacoBoy

"She enjoyed it but it was too long a day for her on that small saddle"

Is your " Saddle" that small :lol:

A Western Saddle usually has a Big Horn on them unlike English Saddles :Dave:

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. Yee Haw !

Edited by TacoBoy

raylo, that BIG BIKE show is on again for the fifth of next month. Whadda ya think?

http://www.chiangraitourist.com/

WEEKLY MOTORBIKE SHOW - Come to view the big and classic bikes - buy and seclassic and big bikes0817-645-035

Where exactly is the location? The website is not very forthcoming. Some of the maps seem to work but when I click on the map link: Sorry the map has not been found - report to [email protected]: map6.php Not Found

raylo, that BIG BIKE show is on again for the fifth of next month. Whadda ya think?

http://www.chiangraitourist.com/

WEEKLY MOTORBIKE SHOW - Come to view the big and classic bikes - buy and seclassic and big bikes0817-645-035

Where exactly is the location? The website is not very forthcoming. Some of the maps seem to work but when I click on the map link: Sorry the map has not been found - report to [email protected]: map6.php Not Found

Yeah, still working on the website, it appears.

I dunno the details. I will probably stop in and ask the fearless leader of that outfit for the details but, as you know, I did the same thing last time and we all ended up driving in circles looking for something that wasn't. I'll post here if I hear of anything.

How about your nose? Everything okay?

That dude cracks me up.

Man, this thread has gone to hell in a hand basket, hasn't it?