Change Thb Or Gbp To Malaysian Ringget

explorermark

HI all, I'm going to Malaysia (KL) for a few nights and I'm thinking maybe I should change some GBP to Ringgett at SuperRich. Can I do this, or do I have to firts change GBP to THB and then exchange THB for Ringget? I've got a UK Nationwide debit card on which cash withdrawals cost 2% (and 1gbp per withdrawal, which I could use in Malaysia). But as I have some GBP cash thought might be better to excange it. Can anyone give me any advice please? It';s my first visit to Malaysia and my plan is 2 nights in KL, 1night in Melacca and a day trip to Putrajaya. Does this seem like a sensible way to spend my time? Any tips would be great thanks Mark Does anyone

Edited by explorermark

I found not many banks stock Ringetts but the exchange at The Emporium does. One more thing you won't be able to use your debit card in Malaysia, they'll not accept them even the ATMs however if you find yourself stuck May Bank will accept but they'll tell you no. I had the problem a couple of years ago, three banks wouldn't accept my LloydsTSB card, I finally spoke to the manager at May Bank and after a lot of persuading he checked up and admitted to his suprise they could accept it.

Staying in K.L. try Chinatown Boutique Hotel nice'n'clean and new about 1.000 baht per night, the only other area worth staying is Bukit Bintang the sort of Siam area of K.L.

I had no problem using my SCB debit card in Malaysia; same for Indonesia. Ditto for my Kaesikorn debit also USA bank debit card.

Maybe because their Asian Banks but even last year we stayed in a hotel in K.L they wanted a card for deposit on check in gave them my LloydsTSB debit card and wouldn't accept it, gave them my Bangkok Bank card which isn't debit and they wouldn't accept that either because it's not embossed and they couldn't swipe it, but I could use the Bangkok card at ATMS.