Dynasat Satellite Problems.

richb2004

I have just returned from five weeks away from home. I was really looking forward to watching the Premier league this weekend, only to discover that the satellite system has gone down. Almost all the stations are now locked out!! My wife called the supplier to be told that the system would be back on again on Monday..ish. Of course that means I miss the footy. :o

Is anyone else using this system (Dynasat) and experiencing the same problem? If so how long has it been out of service?

I have just returned from five weeks away from home. I was really looking forward to watching the Premier league this weekend, only to discover that the satellite system has gone down. Almost all the stations are now locked out!! My wife called the supplier to be told that the system would be back on again on Monday..ish. Of course that means I miss the footy. :o

Is anyone else using this system (Dynasat) and experiencing the same problem? If so how long has it been out of service?

It's been down about 3 weeks now. I'm assured it will be back on, when they have the new 'chip'. The big problem is, everyone is down, so it will be a while before they can get around everyone. :D

Careful about talking about this subject. :D

Although it's freely advertised in the BKK Post and other publications, it has not yet decreed by the mods and admin of ThaiVisa to be a subject that is strictly legal (on the Forum)... :o

I know that the necessary hardware mods are available... but not in bulk quantities yet... so the usual story in Thailand... pay a bit more, and get the service.

The full story on the changes relate to the fact that the Chinese have been copying the receivers, and selling them back (complete with decoding software) to the Phillipines... thus the DreamTV access code changes in encoding by way of repercussion. It's fcuked up the entire Thailand viewing ability as Dream change encoding cyphers approximately every hour.

Mods, if you feel it necessary... please feel free to delete this reply or the topic completely... although this is not illegal here in Thailand, if it jeopardizes TV's rankings or whatever with Google or whatever else... go ahead and blast it away.

No offense indended... :D

Careful about talking about this subject.  :D

Although it's freely advertised in the BKK Post and other publications, it has not yet decreed by the mods and admin of ThaiVisa to be a subject that is strictly legal (on the Forum)...  :o

I know that the necessary hardware mods are available... but not in bulk quantities yet...  so the usual story in Thailand... pay a bit more, and get the service.

The full story on the changes relate to the fact that the Chinese have been copying the receivers, and selling them back (complete with decoding software) to the Phillipines... thus the DreamTV access code changes in encoding by way of repercussion.  It's fcuked up the entire Thailand viewing ability as Dream change encoding cyphers approximately every hour.

Mods, if you feel it necessary... please feel free to delete this reply or the topic completely... although this is not illegal here in Thailand, if it jeopardizes TV's rankings or whatever with Google or whatever else... go ahead and blast it away.

No offense indended...  :D

So, it’s unlikely that it will be back on Monday then? In your view, will it ever be back on? Is UBC affected by this? Is there any quick way, involving cash, to get it back on?

Sorry for all the questions, it’s just that they didn't make it very clear over the telephone.

Thanks

So, it’s unlikely that it will be back on Monday then? In your view, will it ever be back on? Is UBC affected by this? Is there any quick way, involving cash, to get it back on?

Sorry for all the questions, it’s just that they didn't make it very clear over the telephone.

Thanks

UBC is unaffected... do you mean DreamTV?

If you have a pukka UBC receiver there are no problems, UBC is the only legal satellite broadcaster in Thailand.

The problem with Dream is that you are effectively stealing their signal, which whilst not actually illegal in Thailand miffs them slightly. Their content is not licenceable in Thailand (that's why you can't subscribe officially here) so you are actually breaking copyright.

They ignored this until some bright spark started selling illegal decoders inside the subscription area robbing them of income. They have responded by constantly changing the decoder keys.

Replacement software / hardware may become available to automatically update the receiver keys but this may only be a temporary fix if Dream change their encoding system (as Sky did in the mid 90s) resulting in your receiver becoming a hi-tech paperweight.

I suspect that the Dream TV 'free-lunch' may well be over :o

Actually, Dynasat have already released the hardware mods (read chips) to decode the Aguila KU band transmissions... but they are in short supply.

Pattaya is expected to have ample supply by the 15th September.

Don't worry... if you know a dealer and slip him a few extra baht, I'm sure you will be able to jump the queue.

:D

And crossy, how are you breaking copyright? I thought copyright only applied if you copied samething and redistributed the content. :o

The Chinese copy decoders being distributed in the Philipines are exact copy's of the Dynasat ones.

Hence the decision by Dynasat to upgrade this time by way of a chip, and not releasing the upgrade software on the net...

This way they hope to render the Chinese decoders unusable and un-upgradable.

As well the software part of the upgrade is only installable from a master decoder connected to the to be upgraded box.

The old way of just pumping in the software from a Laptop through a serial cable connected to the box won't work...

Master boxes only available to dealers...

Thank the Chinese copiers forthis mess :o

And yes Jai Dee, basically it's not allowed to even watch copyrighted content (e.g. a movie) without some money going to the copyright owner.

Owning downloaded music (mp3's) is illegal, even if you don't intend to copy and redistribute them. You are supposed to buy the CD, so some money goes to the artist.

In the case of radio channels, its the channel owner who pays the artist so you can listen to the song!!!

And crossy, how are you breaking copyright?  I thought copyright only applied if you copied samething and redistributed the content.  :o

Good news that chips will be available soon :D

The copyright issue is this. Dream pay the content provider to transmit the content in the Philipines. The agreement does not permit them to sell the content outside their service area (so you can't subscribe here). If you decode their signal you are breaking that agreement and are effectively breaching the copyright.

It is the same law that prevents you legally exporting Region 1 DVDs to other locations and is just as effective, ignore it, everyone else does :D

BTW when Sky started prosecuting suppiers of fake decoders in Europe the only law they could use was the copyright law (and they won).

It is 100% illegal...

But you are also 99% safe from prosecution in Thailand :D

Just recently they were doing raids in Pattaya, with a cop in civies entering a bar, asking for a Thai song, and when the song got played, his uniformed collegues stormed the place and confiscated both stereo and the Thai CD...

The place got fined 40000 Baht, for playing Thai copyrighted music(on original cd's!) in a public place without paying rights to the governing institution....

They completely left alone 100's of copy foreign music cd's, as they can't be bothered by the rights of foreign artists or companies :o