Finding "Farang" Food In Kohn Kaen

jacobus

I have been living in Northern Thailand, but now I am considering moving to Kohn Kaen.

Can anyone in the Kohn Kaen area tell me where I can find the following items:

Imported Gruyere Swiss Cheese (or other cheese made from raw milk)

High Quality Red Meat from healthy grass-fed beef or buffalo

Raw (unpasteurized) milk

Organic produce (specifically celery and parsley)

If you google a little for suppliers, you can have them delivered to you from bangkok or chiang mai.. I was looking for a certain kind of processed cheese a couple months ago, nowhere to be found. I then emailed 2 cheese farm in thailand and asked them if they could make it for me and deliver it to my door and both said yes and that was for small quantities.

Tops in Central Plaza, Khon Kaen, would be a place to start.. not sure if they have the products you want, but they stock certain products imported from Waitrose, UK and other imports.

I would imagine for raw milk you may have to go direct to the 'cow'.. not sure I would want to drink or use raw milk in Thailand.. what with hygiene being what it is here.

Good luck

Totster :D

Khon kaen is not to bad a place to live,been living here now for 4 years..

Have a few falan owend .bars.returants and guest house which do some very good western food..Didines, Mai Thai guest house

There is a English guy who as just opened a falang shop RASHERS selling...pies sausage bacon and indian currys and home made bread ..and does a pretty good Sunday lunch.

I have a link for a guy who makes cheese think he is from buriram and he can send it to you .

BUT

High Quality Red Meat from healthy grass-fed beef or buffalo ..In Thailand you must be joking rolleyes.gif