How Do I Get Satanta Channel In Cm?

Ned

Australia Network not showing any rugby (league or union) this year but both are on Setanta. What equipment do I need to get it?....Is it possible?

Thanks

ps I'm not asking where I can go to watch it but how can I get it into my home.

True Visions eh? I'm not getting my hopes up yet but that'd be a good setup for me and a lot of rugby union and league watchers in Thailand.

Be great if True Visions buy the Rugby.

About as much chance as them buying the cricket ! I listened to the last Aust Rugby League grand final on my computer through 2GB Sydney. Clear as a bell, great call, could smell the liniment. I can't see True relinquishing quality programs like Football Crazy, Yahama uncut,Heart of goals , Andy Penders wrestling and all the other puerile shows to give us quality live sports coverage,would be totally out of character.

True Visions eh? I'm not getting my hopes up yet but that'd be a good setup for me and a lot of rugby union and league watchers in Thailand.

Be great if True Visions buy the Rugby.

About as much chance as them buying the cricket ! I listened to the last Aust Rugby League grand final on my computer through 2GB Sydney. Clear as a bell, great call, could smell the liniment. I can't see True relinquishing quality programs like Football Crazy, Yahama uncut,Heart of goals , Andy Penders wrestling and all the other puerile shows to give us quality live sports coverage,would be totally out of character.

cheesy.gif

Found this mob in Bangkok who has a good information chart for how to get sports in Thailand. ASTRO is no good in CM, you need a 6 foot dish to pick it up in Bangkok and who knows, probably a 100 foot dish in CM !

http://www.jsat.tv/sports/where-to-view-sports.html

Setanta is still free but I believe it will be subscription some time in the future from what I have heard and read. He said theresat is almost over head to the south a bit, easy coverage for Thailand. I presume it woks ok in CM but really not sure. Has anyone got it working in CM and on what size dish?

Hope this is help full.

At The Olde Bell we are showing rugby over the internet. I subscribe to Setanta Asia for $9.99 per month and that gives us a whole raft of games including super 15's and 6 nations. The picture quality is now fine after switching internet service providers, and a little DTEC box lets us pipe matches onto the big screen. There's always the chance that the signal will break down- but then a satallite can go down as well! It's really about the quality of your line, how many and who you share with etc.

I emailed Setanta to ask about their use of satellite and got more or less the answer stated above - they have been 'in negotiations with a Thai provider' throughout 2010. but as yet those negotiations have proved fruitless. Can't say I'm surprised that they've found True vsions hard to deal with - The company that promised people English language commmetary for the Soccer WC if the ybought HD - when they must have known that rights owner RS TV hadn't even bough the English commentary!!

Anyway, as my friend Uptheos states, it would be great if True were to show rugby. We live in hope!

Edited by OldeBellPedr

At The Olde Bell we are showing rugby over the internet. I subscribe to Setanta Asia for $9.99 per month and that gives us a whole raft of games including super 15's and 6 nations. The picture quality is now fine after switching internet service providers, and a little DTEC box lets us pipe matches onto the big screen. There's always the chance that the signal will break down- but then a satallite can go down as well! It's really about the quality of your line, how many and who you share with etc.

I emailed Setanta to ask about their use of satellite and got more or less the answer stated above - they have been 'in negotiations with a Thai provider' throughout 2010. but as yet those negotiations have proved fruitless. Can't say I'm surprised that they've found True vsions hard to deal with - The company that promised people English language commmetary for the Soccer WC if the ybought HD - when they must have known that rights owner RS TV hadn't even bough the English commentary!!

Anyway, as my friend Uptheos states, it would be great if True were to show rugby. We live in hope!

do you get the cricket as well? want to watch the England v India game tomorrow.

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

You can get live NRL by subscribing to livenrl.tv

I have it in the bar already and it streams really clear

I'll be getting Setanta over a slingbox soon because True arent interested.

for bar location search facebook 69 bar, chiang mai for a map

good luck setting up at home, you need a solid 6Mlink.

Edited by piewarmer

I have a LiveNRL.TV subscription also. ALL games live. It's a lifesaver :)

The picture quality is only "decent". It's not close to HD quality. Worth every cent anyway :)

Setana seems a waste IMO. I am looking at their site now and they seem to have the games on delay and are days behind.

Edited by Yuu_CM

• 9 months later...

Jan 4 2012 Chiang Mai . . . True visions now has Setanta,included with the gold and Platinum packages. We can now show NRL on multiple screens in the .<removed>............

Hearing there may be a Setanta H.D. channel as well.

Edited by onthedarkside
business name removed