Isaan Restaurant On Sukhumvit With Show

AyG

A few years ago I took some visitors to an Isaan restaurant somewhere on Sukhumwit, on a soi on the even side of the road, somewhere between 40 and 68, I think. It had a nightly show with music and a muay thai demonstration. It was a simple place, open air, a little grungy. The visitors enjoyed it greatly. I've now got a new group of visitors arriving tomorrow and would like to take them there. Does anyone know its name/address and whether it's still open?

Thanks in advance.

Used to like Vientiane Kitchen, fun for mixed couples and pretty good food but for the last few years it has gone downhill. Prices are very high for what essentially is Lao street food; Gai Yang, Larb, Nam Toak, Som Tham ect and servings are small, making it hard to share with a group.

The entertainment varies from excellent to hokey but is fun to watch. Unfortunately, our last time there, the entertainers had gotten very aggressive asking for tips which had never happened in the past. Expect to spend about B500 a person.

Thanks for the information.

Went there last night, and a good time was had by all.

No mosquitos this time, and no solicitation of tips. But the food was fairly expensive - most dishes 120 Baht. It worked out at 750 Baht/head in the end with a few beers.

Would definitely go again, though, if had friends from home visiting town.

Another very good Issan Restaurant that I once went to is Isan House. It's down one of the Sub sois down Sukhumvit soi 4 (yes, I know).

It's the last place you'd expect to find such a great, relaxing little place.

If I remember rightly, you go far down Sukhumvit Soi 4, and it's down the Sub Soi on the left just before the Woraburi Hotel (which is on the right).

Sorry I couldn't find a better link to Isan House as this one is more about the cooking classes they offer, rather than the restaurant.

Can't recall the name of the place, but along from Vientiene kitchen on 36, there is another restaurant that is very cheap and does good food. There is a wide entrance with loads of plants hanging down. Maybe someone else knows the name

Another very good Issan Restaurant that I once went to is Isan House. It's down one of the Sub sois down Sukhumvit soi 4 (yes, I know).

It's the last place you'd expect to find such a great, relaxing little place.

If I remember rightly, you go far down Sukhumvit Soi 4, and it's down the Sub Soi on the left just before the Woraburi Hotel (which is on the right).

Sorry I couldn't find a better link to Isan House as this one is more about the cooking classes they offer, rather than the restaurant.

I agree; beautifully decorated and very good food. Not inexpensive, but worth it.