Tempting Fate And Repelling Snakes

MJP

I have been inches from Cobras , not by choice just a part of life when i go visit the wifes family out in the sticks , usually if you leave them alone they will leave you alone,I always walk heavy when walking through the jungle or long grass, that way the snakes hear you coming and just leave, as for trying to Handel them , they can spit in your eye with deadly accuracy. and can bite you and still not inject you with venom. thats why people who have been bitten by cobras do not die or at least have great pain for a while.There is a plant that will deture snakes called Pang pon ,i think thats how you spell it , monks and snake handlers eat it , its a form of detox against Snake venom.

• 1 month later...

"There is a plant that will deture snakes called Pang pon" above post.

Lemon Grass, Limes -

& Moth Balls

Anyone have a translation in Thai for Pang pon?

Anymore opinion for Moth Balls?rolleyes.gif

How do you take the balls off a moth? Don't they complain? How do you tell a male moth from a female moth? :D

I had to take the eggs off an injured female cobra a month ago. Someone had run it over with a motorbike and forced out the 3 eggs that were stuck together with a thin, sticky thread and were sticking to the road. The poor snake could hardly make any headway across the road. I just scooped it up by the tail and pulled off the trailing string of eggs. I just kept swinging the snake gently and took it down the street to a brushy area where I released it. It flattened its hood a bit, but didn't make any attempt to bite me. It just wanted to escape.

I have been inches from Cobras , not by choice just a part of life when i go visit the wifes family out in the sticks , usually if you leave them alone they will leave you alone,I always walk heavy when walking through the jungle or long grass, that way the snakes hear you coming and just leave, as for trying to Handel them , they can spit in your eye with deadly accuracy. and can bite you and still not inject you with venom. thats why people who have been bitten by cobras do not die or at least have great pain for a while.There is a plant that will deture snakes called Pang pon ,i think thats how you spell it , monks and snake handlers eat it , its a form of detox against Snake venom.

If you happen to reread this thread Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.snpthai.c...arleria-extract

Products name : BARLERIA

Botanical name : Barleria lupulina Lindl.

Family name : ACANTHACEAE

Thai name : Sa-led-pang-pon

It is very easy to clear snakes off of a property without the need to kill them, whether indoors or outdoors.

Indoors:

Buy one of those big fishnets, like the one pictured below. Extend the handle if possible. Place it over the snake, when the snake is inside the net, walk out backwards, because if the snake did escape, better to be behind it then in front of it.

Outdoors:

Spray the snake from a distance with a high-pressure water hose. It will then make it`s way off your property.

Never fails and the snake will live happily ever after and not become an endangered species.

post-110219-0-05818200-1302194160_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

It’s a shame the snake got killed, (however, I understand) I was getting cobras in my garden, now and then up-to a few months ago…. Then haven’t seen one for a while, but have been getting a rake load of non-venomous ‘Wolf’ snakes. Very funny as my girlfriend gets the words ‘snake’ and ‘snack’ mixed up. Photo taken yesterday, ‘Wolf’ snake!

post-69255-0-17196700-1302194375_thumb.j

We often have snakes where I live in Phuket. The locals don't hesitate to come and take them away for re-lcation. They seem to do it very calmly, in fact I think they enjoy it!! Lemon grass planted around the property definitely works, as well as sprinkling sulphur powder around the outside of the building. The snakes don't like the smell/scent of both.

Keep the grass short and see to it that they don't have hiding places.

I was told once that in Australia they put a round type of gravel around the garden perimeter, snakes don't like slithering over it.

"There is a plant that will deture snakes called Pang pon" above post.

Lemon Grass, Limes -

& Moth Balls

Anyone have a translation in Thai for Pang pon?

Anymore opinion for Moth Balls?rolleyes.gif

How do you take the balls off a moth? Don't they complain? How do you tell a male moth from a female moth? :D

I had to take the eggs off an injured female cobra a month ago. Someone had run it over with a motorbike and forced out the 3 eggs that were stuck together with a thin, sticky thread and were sticking to the road. The poor snake could hardly make any headway across the road. I just scooped it up by the tail and pulled off the trailing string of eggs. I just kept swinging the snake gently and took it down the street to a brushy area where I released it. It flattened its hood a bit, but didn't make any attempt to bite me. It just wanted to escape.

Usually the male moths have balls but here in the LOS anything could happen.