A/C Remote Replacement

cochran

One of the air conditioners in my house needs a new remote control unit. The old unit isn't working. We've verified this by using another remote control from one of the bedrooms, and it works fine.

I tried an universal remote control unit from PowerBuy, but no luck. One of the 501 available codes was able to turn on the power to the unit, but no adjustment, no power off, etc.

Brand name is Yashima. Does anyone know where I could find a replacement remote for this brand?

We are in Pattaya.

Edited by cochran

I had a very similar problem with my LG air-con. Tried a "universal" one but it only turned power on and off, no adjustments. Even tried to get an original LG remote, and the local stores had no help. Couldn't find anything with an internet search, either.

I gave up and just carry the one remote from the living room to bedroom and back.

• 2 months later...

As long as you have a working original remote, just get a universal remote with a learning function. OFA and Logitech make them, as do loads of Chinese no-name brands.

Bump

Got the same problem with Yashima ac unit in Pattaya - old remote nackered.

Did the OP manage to find a new remote???

In Pattaya, check the Amorn store in the basement of Tukcom on Pattaya Tai. I know I've seen remote controls there, but not sure if universal, or if not, what brands/models they're for.

In Pattaya, check the Amorn store in the basement of Tukcom on Pattaya Tai. I know I've seen remote controls there, but not sure if universal, or if not, what brands/models they're for.

I took my faulty remote there and they repaired it for 200bt