Water Filtration For Tap Water

Marisa

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I am about to open a small cafe and want to provide free drinking water in abundance. I would prefer not to use bottled water (even those larger 20L ones) as it's cumbersome, uses a lot of resource and costs a significant amount in larger quantities. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can invest in a good filtration system that will make the tap water drinkable. I believe the water is coming from the city in Chiangmai rather than a well or the jungle. I've previously drank from those in BKK in a relative's house, with no immediate/obvious problems/ill effects...

What would I need to consider and check for or how would I go about knowing what the best way to do this?

Any advice about the water supply in Chiangmai, and if one of those filters would make it drinkable and safe.

Thanks

Something with reverse osmosis and UV lights in addition to filters should get it clean.

Or you can boil the water and brew tea, free tea would be a good selling point and is a cheap investment.

The water vending machines you see around town are reverse osmosis operated. UV light kills bacteria and germs in the water, the pre filter should have a combination of charcoal and ceramic elements to filter out particulate matter.