Hp Or Other Recommended Computer Repair Shop In Bangkok

landanna

90% sure it's the shoddy Nvidia soldering problem which affected thousands of laptops and resulted in a class action lawsuit.

Basically the solder that holds the GPU on the motherboard starts to crack over time and eventually the connection fails.

You can fix it yourself with a hairdryer, but it's not something for the faint hearted!

I had the same issue 2 months ago, so took it to Mainboard Service in Zeer Mall, they repaired it for 3000baht (took 3 hours).

There is another branch in Fortune IT mall too which can also do it.

http://www.mainboardservice.com

90% sure it's the shoddy Nvidia soldering problem which affected thousands of laptops and resulted in a class action lawsuit.

Basically the solder that holds the GPU on the motherboard starts to crack over time and eventually the connection fails.

You can fix it yourself with a hairdryer, but it's not something for the faint hearted!

I had the same issue 2 months ago, so took it to Mainboard Service in Zeer Mall, they repaired it for 3000baht (took 3 hours).

There is another branch in Fortune IT mall too which can also do it.

http://www.mainboardservice.com

Had the same problem, took it to Snynex the so authorized repair center for HP they took my laptop for about a week, and was told the same thing, but was told by them that I would have to buy a new mother board because I bought mine in the US and the warranty doesn't cover Thailand, even though I was told that it is a worldwide problem with the Nvidia boards and my laptop was still covered under warranty.

Decided to do what above poster did and it worked, but after about 6 months it went blank on me again.

I ve been reading about this problem and see some fix it solutions which involve taking apart the computer and using a penny and glue. Here is a video:

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-fix-hp-tx1000-laptop-black-screen-with-penny-358478/

Im curious about the hairdryer trick if you can tell me more

My computer screen will turn on after several tries. Will it eventually just not start at all, should I get this fixed now or can I just keep hoping it continues to turn on with some patience?

I had the same problem, sort of. The screen wouldn't come on, the power light would just blink, but it would never boot. For a couple of months, I could turn it on and off several times and then it would boot. After awhile that stopped working. Took it to the HP center on Rama and they had it for a month and could never figure it out. They said it was from the US and too new in Thailand (this was a 2 year old machine!). They tried to charge me 2000 baht for nothing. I took my computer and walked out. Took it to Panthip, they also said it was the video. Paid 2000 baht to fix it. It worked for a month. Now, it will boot up, but just all of a sudden turn off, no rebooting, just hard power loss. This is with or without the battery, which by the way will not hold 2 seconds of charge. So, my 17 inch HP is now a giant paperweight on my desk.

I had the same problem, sort of. The screen wouldn't come on, the power light would just blink, but it would never boot. For a couple of months, I could turn it on and off several times and then it would boot. After awhile that stopped working. Took it to the HP center on Rama and they had it for a month and could never figure it out. They said it was from the US and too new in Thailand (this was a 2 year old machine!). They tried to charge me 2000 baht for nothing. I took my computer and walked out. Took it to Panthip, they also said it was the video. Paid 2000 baht to fix it. It worked for a month. Now, it will boot up, but just all of a sudden turn off, no rebooting, just hard power loss. This is with or without the battery, which by the way will not hold 2 seconds of charge. So, my 17 inch HP is now a giant paperweight on my desk.

This seems to be the trend with the HP...so I guess I should just enjoy the month(s) I have left and expect it to fail soon....grrr! Mine is also only 2 years old, but I have only been using it frequently for the past 8 months.

• 3 months later...

This seems to be the trend with the HP...so I guess I should just enjoy the month(s) I have left and expect it to fail soon....grrr! Mine is also only 2 years old, but I have only been using it frequently for the past 8 months.

Its a shame you spend 2000 thb and can use it only 1 month, i got the same problem with freezing screen, got to go the shop 3 times, they wanted to charge me everytime i visit them so stress out.

1st time had to pay the cabbie and go to pantip (change memory)

2nd time same problem (new install win7)

3rd i went their to buy a new labtop so tired but i really need to work. Was so stressed went to grab a coffee, and i met this guy, ask him the price of his small bike anyway...

This guy he is actually a nerd who fix stuff like this for living. In fact i had no hardware pb it was only a setting on my sap software <deleted>....thanks panthip i use 3500b plus taxi 200x4 for nothing.

This guy charge me a coffee you belive that. I recommend this man he is the man PAUL.ROM 0818360200 and you dont need to go anywhere he comes to you.

• 1 month later...

My problem is that my HP dm1z laptop has all 4 USB ports not working...  I've tried all the driver reinstall crap, so at this point I'm reasonably certain it's a hardware issue.  I bought the unit in the States, probably about 18 months ago... it's received light usage because I also have a Sony that's great, but shitty to travel with.<div><br></div><div>I'll check out Mainboard since I live in Rangsit and Zeer's super close, but I'd also appreciate any suggestions/experience.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks</div><div><br></div>