Ngk Lpg Spark Plugs

frtiz

Hi Everyone,

I was just reading up on maintenance of LPG systems, lubing valves etc. and I read that in Europe NGK is selling special LPG spark plugs.

Has anyone heard about this here in TH? And does anyone know where you can buy these in Thailand?

Cheers!

Without doubt NGK are the nuts. We used many makes of plugs with nitrous and supercharger builds with many failures, NGK held up to a lot of abuse and l never had a failure. Long reach for street, short for track with NOS. In fact we all thought Bosch were crap unless for your family car. :)

Without doubt NGK are the nuts. We used many makes of plugs with nitrous and supercharger builds with many failures, NGK held up to a lot of abuse and l never had a failure. Long reach for street, short for track with NOS. In fact we all thought Bosch were crap unless for your family car. :)

In some kind of confrontational mood tonight eh T/A? Rag coming? Anyway for REAL racers Bosch platinum are known to be top plugs... Moreover this about an LP application and not a drag car, do you have LP T/A??

Edited by WarpSpeed

In some kind of confrontational mood tonight eh T/A? Rag coming? Anyway for REAL racers Bosch platinum are known to be top plugs... Moreover this about an LP application and not a drag car, do you have LP T/A??

No rage Warps, just agreeing with the OP. For my application tried Bosch, Bosch Platinum, Champion, you name it with failures, until NGK, heaven. They are all making the same thing so why no failures with NGK, and all my serious racing buddies were using them with exotic induction. All l am doing is passing on my/our heartache/headache fix. Seems the OP has heard NGK has something special for his application, so good luck and hope he finds them. :)

Still didn't see any answer to the question about having LP? As that's the only info that applies unless you go all the way back to the beginning of the automobile and disregard ANY automotive technological improvements since then..

You're making a general statement and condemnation of a product you don't even have any recent practical experience with since you don't even have an LP installation or experience with them in recent times if at all?

As for the OP, based on his post basically read some promotional material and came to the conclusion and probably mostly out of not knowing of an alternative and assuming that NGK is the only 'best' offering because they cleverly repackaged some NGK plugs and promoted them as "LP improved"..

and while we're at it, some people even think that they need different engine oils for lpg or in that case for diesels, or that if the book says 10w30 a 5w50 won't do. marketing finest.

hak

Oh Hak now you did it!!! You s--- stirrer you!! I had to edit thought the filter would catch my expletive, but it didn't :( ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

NGK iridium Max-LPG plugs are a must for GAS engines.

You can get them at vin-cargoods in vorachak.

Thats interesting, thanks, there are those out there that think everything manufactured is equal, like spark plugs :huh:, next it will be all tyres are the same, just a marketing ploy, there all the same really, well, so they say. :rolleyes::D

Hi Everyone,

I was just reading up on maintenance of LPG systems, lubing valves etc. and I read that in Europe NGK is selling special LPG spark plugs.

Has anyone heard about this here in TH? And does anyone know where you can buy these in Thailand?

Cheers!

I looked at these they are about 600 baht each compared to 180-ish for a standard plug. (Denso has them as well)

As my truck goes in every +/- 5000-ish for oil change I decided to change the plugs every +/- 10,000 or so. Standard ones seems to hold up OK as I get all the parts back with the truck.

Thats interesting, thanks, there are those out there that think everything manufactured is equal, like spark plugs :huh:, next it will be all tyres are the same, just a marketing ploy, there all the same really, well, so they say. :rolleyes::D

That is complete B.S.

All spark plugs are not the same as tires are not the same.

A different heat rated on the the same spark plug model from the same manufacturer makes a big difference. As in the engine knocking and pinging vs. running smooth.

GAS is havoc compared to petrol engines. The combustion chamber is much hotter (twice as much actually) and the spark plugs need to be designed to compensate for that. Doesn't mean regular spark plugs won't work with GAS. They do but you will overheat them sooner compared to plugs designed for LPG.

That is complete B.S.

A different heat rated on the the same spark plug model from the same manufacturer makes a big difference. As in the engine knocking and pinging vs. running smooth.

GAS is havoc compared to petrol engines. The combustion chamber is much hotter (twice as much actually) and the spark plugs need to be designed to compensate for that. Doesn't mean regular spark plugs won't work with GAS. They do but you will overheat them sooner compared to plugs designed for LPG.

Yep, and the NGK iridium Max is advertised at having a 100,000 km life span, no need for changing at service.

That is complete B.S.

Yes and what happens when you switch back to benzine?? The trick is to have a spark plug that is a compromise and not exclusively made for one or the other.. Just like you wouldn't drive with slick tires in the rain since we're using silly tire analogies :rolleyes: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

That is complete B.S.

Yes and what happens when you switch back to benzine?? The trick is to have a spark plug that is a compromise and not exclusively made for one or the other.. Just like you wouldn't drive with slick tires in the rain since we're using silly tire analogies :rolleyes: ..

I would have thought NGK would have thought of that in design, the MAX is NOT just for gas. :rolleyes:

That is complete B.S.

I would have thought NGK would have thought of that in design, the MAX is NOT just for gas. :rolleyes:

Yes as have others but no you'd be incorrect when they have one exclusively designed for LP, that means it's first priority is to an LP installation and likely not one that switches back and forth between fuels which is not the case with all LP installations and that is what needs to be researched and answered and not just assumed as is being done..

I refer back to my original unanswered question T/A, what experience do you have with LP? And moreover, tuning a car to run on it?? I suspect the difference is more about keeping it simple stupid and people not knowing how to properly tune, maintain or understand their cars that causes the failures of certain products over others in most cases and less about the actual quality of the product... And that's an informed opinion...

That is complete B.S.

Yes as have others but no you'd be incorrect when they have one exclusively designed for LP, that means it's first priority is to an LP installation and likely not one that switches back and forth between fuels which is not the case with all LP installations and that is what needs to be researched and answered and not just assumed as is being done..

I refer back to my original unanswered question T/A, what experience do you have with LP? And moreover, tuning a car to run on it?? I suspect the difference is more about keeping it simple stupid and people not knowing how to properly tune, maintain or understand their cars that causes the failures of certain products over others in most cases and less about the actual quality of the product... And that's an informed opinion...

Gas, none, what experience have you had with Nitrous oxide and supercharging and the effects on PLUGS against naturally aspirated ? Hmmmm, none, but it is all relative, RELATIVE, a new ball game that needs understanding and experimentation. :huh: The subject is about PLUGS, you recommend probably the worse plug on the market in my experiences for failures yet NGK with the same heat values and application, NONE. So, l agree with the OP, whats the problem with that. :rolleyes:

An engine tuned for LPG and an engine tuned for petrol are totally different. In theory the timing, valves timing, mixtures are totally different. Most installtions aren't tuned properly for either. So there is always a normal or compromised setting between the two.

Personally I would prefer to have spark plug capable for tolerating high LPG temperatures than have a regular plug that will fail after a few months. I think the Iridium MAX designs are backwards designed to work with petrol (although colder) while optimized for the LPG temperatures.

To be honest I have also have had problems with Bosch platinum plugs. I actually prefer NGK for my honda engine.

I think the Bosch heat numbers do not match directly witht the NGKs, they might be a number or two off.

That is why I do not recommend platinum plugs unless they are standard OEM. Either go with standard copper or Iridium. Platinum is tough but the conductivity doesn't match regular copper or iridium.

A set of spark plugs to me about the same price as a tank of gas so I think quality plugs are definately worth it.

As for pattaya/Jomtian or Nakon Sawan I don't really know. You can try mail order but I suggest making your way to Bangkok for the best deal if you ever stop by for a trip to the big city.

An engine tuned for LPG and an engine tuned for petrol are totally different. In theory the timing, valves timing, mixtures are totally different. Most installtions aren't tuned properly for either. So there is always a normal or compromised setting between the two.

Personally I would prefer to have spark plug capable for tolerating high LPG temperatures than have a regular plug that will fail after a few months. I think the Iridium MAX designs are backwards designed to work with petrol (although colder) while optimized for the LPG temperatures.

To be honest I have also have had problems with Bosch platinum plugs. I actually prefer NGK for my honda engine.

I think the Bosch heat numbers do not match directly witht the NGKs, they might be a number or two off.

That is why I do not recommend platinum plugs unless they are standard OEM. Either go with standard copper or Iridium. Platinum is tough but the conductivity doesn't match regular copper or iridium.

A set of spark plugs to me about the same price as a tank of gas so I think quality plugs are definately worth it.

As for pattaya/Jomtian or Nakon Sawan I don't really know. You can try mail order but I suggest making your way to Bangkok for the best deal if you ever stop by for a trip to the big city.

If l remember right :huh:, NGK heat number scale runs opposite to other manufacturers scales.