German Murdered

sriracha john

since when has it been a "global human right" to carry a firearm?

peeps that believe the above should stay in gun tolerant countries i.e the US

as for the guy not being dead if he had a gun?

he could just as easily be dead from a gunshot wound....the guy was in his 70's :D

imo it's a pure fear thing that spurs peeps in2 owning guns

i agree that we have the right to protect our property and agree that dogs are the best idea....

any1 coming in2 my home with bad intentions better have made their peace....i'd save the money on a bullet and monies on dog food for a few weeks :o

one of the last high profile shootings in the UK was an american citizen, he shot a uk policeman....this murderer had been brought up and educated in a gun culture society and imho had the attitude that a lot of US citizens have i.e it's their human right to carry firearms :D

i hope peeps can see the point in the statement above and don't take offense

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for the guy not being dead if he had a gun?

he could just as easily be dead from a gunshot wound....the guy was in his 70's :D

imo it's a pure fear thing that spurs peeps in2 owning guns

i agree that we have the right to protect our property and agree that dogs are the best idea....

any1 coming in2 my home with bad intentions better have made their peace....i'd save the money on a bullet and monies on dog food for a few weeks :o

one of the last high profile shootings in the UK was an american citizen, he shot a uk policeman....this murderer had been brought up and educated in a gun culture society and imho had the attitude that a lot of US citizens have i.e it's their human right to carry firearms :D

Dunno I own a few hand guns - more for collector and target range purposes. To be honest by the time I got them out of the safe and took the trigger lock off and then loaded it - well it would be too late. I find a club is just as useful or a taser.

a gun would certainly be of good help, but unfortunately it is illegal to possess it, let alone use it.

Not true, Thais can own guns. If it's in your wife's name it's reasonable for you to have access to it and use it for self defence if someone intrudes into your home. We have two 9mm pistols and a 12 gauge shotgun, licensed and legal.

In addition I'd rather deal with the legal ramnifications of having shot a burglar than have my wife deal with getting my body shipped back to my home country.

Hmm. And you use the gun to shoot him and then you have acted illegally. It is only the license holder who is able to use, posess or own the weapon so make sure the missus is well trained and send her in first.

Just make sure you kill him then let the wife take the credit for the kill, if the wife then gets prosecuted I'd then take the blame, whats the law if you kill an intruder with a gun or whatever? I have a 3ft club ready for any b@stard that tries to get in my house.

a gun would certainly be of good help, but unfortunately it is illegal to possess it, let alone use it.

Not true, Thais can own guns. If it's in your wife's name it's reasonable for you to have access to it and use it for self defence if someone intrudes into your home. We have two 9mm pistols and a 12 gauge shotgun, licensed and legal.

In addition I'd rather deal with the legal ramnifications of having shot a burglar than have my wife deal with getting my body shipped back to my home country.

Hmm. And you use the gun to shoot him and then you have acted illegally. It is only the license holder who is able to use, posess or own the weapon so make sure the missus is well trained and send her in first.

You are right ONLY the licence holder can even touch the weopon. If you touch it, it will be deemed as "Pit Mur'' (wrong hand) and you will be prosecuted. If you do fire it get your wife to fire it after you then wash your hands and make sure the missus is well briefed befor the Old Bill arrive.

Not how my lawyer explained it. According to him, if your life is in danger and if there is a firearm in your house which is legally registered to that address then it is reasonable for you to use it for self defense.

Either way, letting someone murder you because you are scared of getting legal problems doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Edited by Orion76

I think my poodle is going to have to get used to the new housemate. Freddie the Doberman :o Lets hope he likes me and the wife of course! If that fails then resort to a "stun gun" they are very effective indeed!

By the way are they legal in Thailand?? :D oops

I agree with that but the repercussions could be you doing time. Not such a nice prospect.

am i the only one who thinks the wife had him killed?

I believe the wife could and prob did kill him, many of my thoughts added to this site are of this thought, If the wife gets everythink when he dies, well she can now sell up and go back to her thai husband.... And they all loved happily every after.

Firstly my condolenses to the family.

I can't help but feel sorry for Khun Whan. In less than 24 hours after her husband has been killed, she has been accused of:

Murdering her husband

Drinking tea at home whilst her husband loses his fight for life

Being a bigamist

Not informing the Police

All of this from a 5 paragraph report.

Judging by the photos, my fellow German did not go easily. I must say he didn't look his age at all. I would guess no more than 60 and with a body the size of a mountain, I don't doubt he could have easily protected himself from a much smaller wife (again, based on the photos).

He gave his killer a run for the money... and good on him for trying his best to uphold his dignity before finally be run through with a big knife. He has nothing to be ashamed for... he gave it his best and I dare say, he could easily have taken any of his detractors here with a good punch. He was a big man... and he went down with a good fight... Sorry you didn't win the war, comrade.... Rest in peace.

I don't think the reporter gave an accurate explaination of what the wifes role in this was, she may have been hysterical after witnessing her husband being attacked & left at home with neighbours, she may have been at the hospital & sent home after after he died? Too many variables but from this report no one can really accuse her of anything, or maybe, from reading some comments, just being a thai women married to a farang is enough to make her guilty??? :D:o Please try to show some respect, the womans husband has just died & until more info is known, it's crass to start throwing accusations at her.

I don't think it's a tough call, material possessions or my life,

Interacting with a single person may seem reasonable at the time but there's no guarantee there's not accomplices waiting outside or in another part of the house.

Being unarmed, if possible I would just leave the premises and get help.

But it's always a judgment call, the old guy was probably just mad as hel and wasn't going to put up with it anymore and dam the torpedoes, :o

I can't help but feel sorry for Khun Whan. In less than 24 hours after her husband has been killed, she has been accused of:

Murdering her husband

Being a bigamist

Not informing the Police

The only guilt is she's married to farang. She must be in pain because she is not accepted by both farang and Thai societies.

:o

Murdering her husband

Being a bigamist

Not informing the Police

The only guilt is she's married to farang. She must be in pain because she is not accepted by both farang and Thai societies.

:D

<deleted>!!!! :o

[You are right ONLY the licence holder can even touch the weopon. If you touch it, it will be deemed as "Pit Mur'' (wrong hand) and you will be prosecuted. If you do fire it get your wife to fire it after you then wash your hands and make sure the missus is well briefed befor the Old Bill arrive.]

I would be interested in where this is stated in the law. When my wife collected her gun license she was told (by the mayor of the town) that anyone in the household could legally use the firearm in self defense.

anyone recalls the famous story, quite a few years ago, of a burglar breaking into a Jomtien apartment, while the owner is out, slipping on a banana skin, and badly breaking  his leg - the owner comes home, calls the police, they come - and the end of the story is, that the owner has to pay for the hospital expenses of the burglar!

It seems in Thailand the farang always pays for everything..

From my email:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for someone? Try Thailand dating!

http://dating.thaivisa.com

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

German man murdered as he interrupts thief inside his own home

Full story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44538

Good combo. TV was this planned?

I don't think the reporter gave an accurate explaination of what the wifes role in this was, she may have been hysterical after witnessing her husband being attacked & left at home with neighbours, she may have been at the hospital & sent home after after he died? Too many variables but from this report no one can really accuse her of anything, or maybe, from reading some comments, just being a thai women married to a farang is enough to make her guilty??? :D:o Please try to show some respect, the womans husband has just died & until more info is known, it's crass to start throwing accusations at her.

Well said, Boo!

It appears that some posters are incapable of reading the actual text of the report, preferring to leap to damning conclusions based on the unwritten word.

Sad people... :D

It doesn't surprise me that no one posted an English pedophile has been arrested with the evidence group sex vdo with 9-12 years old boys.

People are quick to make complaint when they don't feel good but keep silence if they feel they might get caught with something.

Oops, sorry, that is not what I wanted to say. Misunderstanding!

We are barely tolerated visitors in a foreign land
This is mainly the stupid statement I attacked. It makes me mad to hear that nonsense again and again. Also we have rights, and human rights are global. They include the right to defend yourself, and your family. I do not think that Thai law says that a farang does not have this right.

How you defend your life and property is another question. I do not at all like guns, and I do not advocate carrying guns. In general I would prefer if carrying a gun would be made impossible. But then looking at an intruder in my house, threatening me, my family...? If having a gun saves the lifes of my loved ones, so be it, I want to carry one. I would feel guilty if I would not have one and the moment comes when it would have saved lifes and health.

I have to add that I had been already in a situation where I was totally unarmed and a drunk Thai was shooting at my family, coming out of nowhere. It was only luck that he missed them, and that he did not pull the trigger when he pointed the gun at me, shortly before I managed to grab it.

Having a gun in the house would have not helped me at all, no time to get it.

But then again, look at this dead man now. Having a gun available could have saved his life. And may be more, motivated by his success the murderer probably will go on burglaring and killing.

On the other side having some nice dogs might give enough security, together with a nice club or stick to keep knifes at distance.

No offense taken, it's more a misunderstanding.

Unfortunately the written word sometimes comes across the wrong way. What one would say in normal conversation and possibly generate a debate can seem to be carved in stone when written down.

Having said that I would like to emphasize that any views expressed by me are my own personal views based on my own experiences and observations. I fully appreciate that not everybody would agree with me but that’s what can make it interesting.

I stand by my earlier comments, sorry if they upset some people and just hope that their ideals will never be put to the real test.

:o:D:D

It is quite simple. You can get such weapon, but keep your mouth shut and have the wet suppressor on the darn thing, and keep it where only you know where its at.

If someone is in your house, without your say so and trying to steal your hard earned possessions, or trying to kill your family, then pop them and make sure they are terminated. Then take the CSkr and dump em someplace remote and get the heck out of there.

After that, continue on with your business as usual as nothing ever happened and forget the scene.

Life moves on. Only a fool would want to report such or even mention it to anyone. If you do, then you deserve the shito load coming on top of you from the legal beagles.

Edited by DaveYo

Also yes, it is really strange that the wife stayed at home and not be with her hubby. I really wonder about that and have some interesting thoughts of the reasons why. Some is legit and other's not. But since she is Thai, hmmmm, his possessions, bank account, and house since it is in her name, does raise some eyebrows. Not to mention the time of such stabbing, and his death. As of her having some side affair with someone, at her age, most thai men prefer the young bunnies anyway, so she is not worth looking at, but again now she becomes wealthy, so now a Thai man re-thinks and says hey got to get that dame, and enjoy some life for once, so it is plain common sense.

A lot is not reported or given to us. Therefore I suppose we have to withhold some judgment till more is given.