Have You Ever Been Burgled On Samui?

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Happened to me the only night I happened to be off the island on Koh Phangan....coincidence? Hmmm I wonder....thankfully it was more inconvenient than anything else and only lost a couple of phones and my electric toothbrush (minus charger :lol: ).

Still unnerving and I moved bungalow as a result.

when we first arrived on the island and moved into a small resort the neighbor kids had a habit of climbing over the wall and breaking into the houses. the police advices us to get a gun and shoot them :huh: we put barb wire on top of the wall and a security system in and never had a problem after :jap: Although one of the tenants brought some lady boys to his house and he was cleaned out of computers and cash shortly after.

I haven't been burgled, but I did have a kayak stolen some years ago.

Six months later I found it being hired out at a hotel on Chewang beach. Took the BiB along and recovered it.

I did not press charges against the thief as I had my property back, and the BIB said that they wanted to keep the thief out of jail and owing them a favour.

I am not tempting fate :o touch wood!

Same here. :unsure:

You see the thing is, here on Samui, if your home gets burgled its your fault because if you were'nt here it would'nt have happened. :ermm::o:ph34r:

Actually this is a good topic to discuss but what smokie should have included was the option of "Have you been bufgled but did'nt bothe to report it because you knew nothing would be done." ;)

Its not really clear is this aimed at tourists such as yourself or people who actually live on Samui?

Both. Just wanted to get a clearer picture of how widespread this problem is, particularly after another member mentioned a figure of 60-70%.

Actually this is a good topic to discuss but what smokie should have included was the option of "Have you been bufgled but did'nt bothe to report it because you knew nothing would be done." ;)

Have to confess I fall into this category....

As do rather a lot and who can blame them.

Having a gun under your pillow may give you confidence but just remember, my friend had a mobile phone taken from next to the pillow during a night time burglary, he never heard a thing.

Another consideration come home after a few beers with the Mrs and start arguing!!! sooner the burglar had hold of the gun in that instance, got half a chance the burglar would miss.

So lets see, the poll is saying that 66% of posters have been burgled (some more than once) or have had an attempted burglery. :unsure:

Has anyone ever had anything recovered> :whistling:

Yes. They brought my wife back.:(

I got burgled on Samui twice, in 2 different Houses..

One time they caught the Kids ( 18 ish ) & i got my Laptop back.

The second nothing at all..

That first time i cam home & had abotu 10 OB outside my House & i shat myself, i then saw a Thai Pal of mine & 3 Kids sitting down in that silly pose they do & teh OB & my Thai Pal ordered me to give them each a slap, i kid you not..

Got my Laptop back too..:)

So lets see, the poll is saying that 66% of posters have been burgled (some more than once) or have had an attempted burglery. :unsure:

Has anyone ever had anything recovered> :whistling:

Yes. They brought my wife back.:(

come on Rooo ,, you can't expect to have both movie star good looks and good luck

I take it when you say " movie star good looks " you mean " Hammer House of horror " Movies ? ;)

Rumour has it he was turned down for the part of a torch wielding villager in the latest Frankenstein movie :o

:D

[/quote

hope he aint got the hump ,,,, oops that was Nostra dam

Edited by starcandle