Avast 6.0

Tywais

New security features designed to keep its more than 110 million users safe debut in Avast 6, released today exclusively from CNET Download.com. They also have the added benefit of raising the competitive bar in computer security by pushing more and better free options to users. Avast Free Antivirus 6, Avast Pro Antivirus 6, and Avast Internet Security 6 all feature the new AutoSandbox and the WebRep browser add-on. (Click the links to get to the download page.)

download.cnet

Avast Download Site

Note: 51.7 MB download size

I changed to Avast recently after using AVG for a long time. This was after AVG failed to detect a trojan in explorer.exe and winlogon.exe that Avast was able to detect.

So far it seems to work fine and is possibly a little lighter on resources.

Running Avira with Sandboxi right now but thought I would give Avast a try as internal Sand Box option was attractive. Downloaded last night, turned off existing Avira, Sandboxi, and (Comodo firewall for installation) and installed. Indicated successful install but would not start up correctly. Tried 3 times without success and now I am back to Avira and Sandboxi. In my case big waste of time and a system restore to boot. (to boot means "as well" and is not computer related)

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

turned off existing Avira, Sandboxi, and (Comodo firewall for installation) and installed.

It is a bad idea to have more than one AV/Firewall installed at any one time. If you want to use another one then you should first uninstall the current one and reboot. Turning them off is not enough. The only exception is the Windows Firewall which should just be deactivated when not required.