Processing Time Aust Partner/Prospective Marriage

to...Bridge

snapback.pngjimnok, on 2011-04-06 19:32:16, said:

First , I have to say thanks to Bridge and Ozemade for reply , much help

Bridge , I have contacted Australian Embassy already from your advice and got name of my case officer . I have talked to her ...she is nice , she said to me i need not to interview and only wait for decision . Then i want to ask you ..whether it sounds good or not . And when i can expect for my result ?

Thank you so much ..

They dont need to interview you......pretty sure that they will interview your partner, after all it is her application.

Thanks , and sorry to make you misunderstood.

I am applicant in Form 47 sp .

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohmy.gifbah.gifannoyed.gif Now what?

Because Australian public servants are over paid for what they do, and get such good working conditions, as in hours per day, and week, holidays, sick pay, etc., and are nigh impossible to sack, they can walk around the office as slowly as they like, sideways if they want to, in circles and even backwards. .. we can do nothing.

Thai public servants on the other hand, are horribly under paid, so are open to (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more ) under the table, to speed their gate, cut corners, and manipulate the priority lists. (providing you can find the right one, ... )

It's as simple as that.

But yes .... Now what?

Walking?..around the office? Surely you can't be serious? :o

This would involve getting out of their chair, thus most likely inducing stress leave...and then NOTHING will get done :rolleyes:

First , I have to say thanks to Bridge and Ozemade for reply , much help

Bridge , I have contacted Australian Embassy already from your advice and got name of my case officer . I have talked to her ...she is nice , she said to me i need not to interview and only wait for decision . Then i want to ask you ..whether it sounds good or not . And when i can expect for my result ?

Thank you so much ..

They dont need to interview you......pretty sure that they will interview your partner, after all it is her application.

yes ,they dont need to interview my Aussie partner .....i ask as i am applicant who filled form 47 SP.

Thank you , gburns57au

To ..Bridge

We loaded applicaton on 20 th January 2011 ...now nearly 2 months , no contact from Au.Embassy .

Is it possible that they dont care about date...We meant you posted that the case before 7 th February 2011 ..they should consider from the old standard ...process about 3 months .

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you ,

Perhaps contact the DIAC office at Australian Embassy, Bangkok (not VFS) on the general contact line (Tel: 02 344 6400) after 2.30pm weekdays and ascertain the following:

1. Date application received/receipted;

2. Application file number;

3. Has a case officer been appointed.

I have a client that lodged her application on the 20/12/10 (with VFS). First notification was last week (03/03/11 @ 11 weeks) that interview would be on the 10/03/11 @ 12 weeks. Letter states: 'Please note that current standard processing time is three months'. However this application was received prior to the 7th of February, 2011.

Bridge

To ..Bridge

We loaded applicaton on 20 th January 2011 ...now nearly 2 months , no contact from Au.Embassy .

Is it possible that they dont care about date...We meant you posted that the case before 7 th February 2011 ..they should consider from the old standard ...process about 3 months .

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you ,

Perhaps contact the DIAC office at Australian Embassy, Bangkok (not VFS) on the general contact line (Tel: 02 344 6400) after 2.30pm weekdays and ascertain the following:

I have a client that lodged her application on the 20/12/10 (with VFS). First notification was last week (03/03/11 @ 11 weeks) that interview would be on the 10/03/11 @ 12 weeks. Letter states: 'Please note that current standard processing time is three months'. However this application was received prior to the 7th of February, 2011.

Bridge

Bridge

Can you tell me how the application lodged on 20/12/2010 is progressing. My wife and I lodged her application at Bangkok on 17/12/2010 and I am now back in Sydney waiting for the Visa so we can be reunited here. Details of our application are:

17/12/2010 Visa application lodged in Bangkok

03/03/2011 Email received by me from Case Officer requesting original Police Report (I had already presented this with the Visa Application but it was returned to me by the counter staffer who retained a certified copy).

03/03/2011 My wife was contacted to arrange her interview.

10/03/2011 (approx) My wife attended her interview.

21/03/2011 I sent an email to the Case Officer requesting acknowledgement of receipt of the original Police Report.

21/03/2011 Case Officer replied acknowledging receipt of the Police Report and advised "the case is now referred to the decision maker".

Bridge, any insight as to how long the decision maker might take to reach a decision?

Regards

EddyW

To ..Bridge

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you ,

Bridge

Bridge

Can you tell me how the application lodged on 20/12/2010 is progressing. My wife and I lodged her application at Bangkok on 17/12/2010 and I am now back in Sydney waiting for the Visa so we can be reunited here. Details of our application are:

17/12/2010 Visa application lodged in Bangkok

03/03/2011 Email received by me from Case Officer requesting original Police Report (I had already presented this with the Visa Application but it was returned to me by the counter staffer who retained a certified copy).

03/03/2011 My wife was contacted to arrange her interview.

10/03/2011 (approx) My wife attended her interview.

21/03/2011 I sent an email to the Case Officer requesting acknowledgement of receipt of the original Police Report.

21/03/2011 Case Officer replied acknowledging receipt of the Police Report and advised "the case is now referred to the decision maker".

Bridge, any insight as to how long the decision maker might take to reach a decision?

Regards

EddyW

EddyW,

From what you have stated, I would say that a decision is pretty much imminent. Sounds to me like it just needs to be signed of by a DIAC delegate.

yes ,they dont need to interview my Aussie partner .....i ask as i am applicant who filled form 47 SP.

Thank you , gburns57au

Sorry didnt realise that you were the applicant.

I find it strange that they dont want to interview you.....it is a standard part of the process.

Thank you , gburns57au

I find it strange that they dont want to interview you.....it is a standard part of the process.

I have had clients before who have not been interviewed.

Thank you , gburns57au

Yeah Bridge.....in the old days a gold chain and bottle of good whiskey did the trick :D

As I said, I find it strange.....the interview stage is probably the part of the process that most people get caught out on. I wonder what the criteria is that determines who has an interview and who doesnt.

Thank you , gburns57au

Yeah Bridge.....in the old days a gold chain and bottle of good whiskey did the trick :D

As I said, I find it strange.....the interview stage is probably the part of the process that most people get caught out on. I wonder what the criteria is that determines who has an interview and who doesnt.

yes , Gburns 57au........I got a phone call again from my case officer for interview around next week also need one more document ..Then what i should prepare for interview , about what kind of questions....and she will interview me or Aussie from DIAC

She will interview I think, expect questions about your partners family and your partner, your plans for the future, your family and other information that you have put in your application.

They can ask anything, so be prepared for anything.

She will interview I think, expect questions about your partners family and your partner, your plans for the future, your family and other information that you have put in your application.

Questions will be asked to determine the genuineness of the spousal relationship. As gburns57au said, be prepared for anything.

Why don't you also have a look at the factors taken into consideration by DIAC when determining whether a genuine spousal relationship exists. These can be found in Regulation 1.15A of the Migration Regulations.

Questions will be asked to determine the genuineness of the spousal relationship. As gburns57au said, be prepared for anything.

Why don't you also have a look at the factors taken into consideration by DIAC when determining whether a genuine spousal relationship exists. These can be found in Regulation 1.15A of the Migration Regulations.

Thanks both of you , guy Bridge and gburns57au , i do appreciated ...i will prepare for anything . :jap: Khob Khun kha

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you , gburns57au

My spouse was not interviewed for the spouse visa (issued mid-2010), so perhaps it's not needed in all cases.

So this time frame is concrete now and has anyone had their partner visa's approved in 3 months since the change? If it is going to take 9 - 10 months can anyone suggest a bridging visa so i can bring my partner over earlier until the visa is approved? - waiting 3 months is hard enough but beyond that will be torture!! Over the past 12 months i have been back to Thailand 5 times and have no holiday leave available any advice would be appreciated

Thank you , gburns57au

My spouse was not interviewed for the spouse visa (issued mid-2010), so perhaps it's not needed in all cases.

A bridging visa is not appropriate.

You wife could always apply for a tourist visa to visit Australia during the processing of her partner visa application. Keep in mind she must be offshore for her partner visa to be granted however.

All the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Having spoken with various people at the embassy and also immigration and reading between the lines of what they can say and what they can't say, the time period of 10 months is the average - they have stated to me the average application approval time is 10 months - which means a partner visa can be approved before the 10 month period if the application is complete, accurate and factual. I would expect that the amount of applications are incomplete would be high - accurate and factual ? well Thailand there would be a number of those. I know my application is accurate and factual - if my application is not complete after checking it and rechecking it many many times I would be surprised if any thing was missed. The point I am trying to make is I would expect an answer from 4 - 10 months and not 10 plus months - When I read this forum thread it really cut my heart up and if you are a genuine case then it is not a minimum of 10 month wait - it's and average wait time of 10 months :)

Having spoken with various people at the embassy and also immigration and reading between the lines of what they can say and what they can't say, the time period of 10 months is the average - they have stated to me the average application approval time is 10 months - which means a partner visa can be approved before the 10 month period if the application is complete, accurate and factual. I would expect that the amount of applications are incomplete would be high - accurate and factual ? well Thailand there would be a number of those. I know my application is accurate and factual - if my application is not complete after checking it and rechecking it many many times I would be surprised if any thing was missed. The point I am trying to make is I would expect an answer from 4 - 10 months and not 10 plus months - When I read this forum thread it really cut my heart up and if you are a genuine case then it is not a minimum of 10 month wait - it's and average wait time of 10 months :)

I hate to disappoint you, but expect 10. I have this on good authority.

If you click on to the link below, this will confirm the waiting time in Australia and Overseas.

Read it carefully, it's not good news. :ermm:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/5.0.htm

Processing Time Service Standards

Processing time service standards for different types of visa applications are linked to the Portfolio Budget Statements. We aim to process 75 per cent of cases within these service standards, however actual processing times may vary from these standards as the following notes explain.

• The service standards are indicative only. Individual cases may be decided in longer or shorter periods than the service standard, depending on a range of factors, individual circumstances and the complexity of each case.
  • The service standards apply to visa applications lodged with complete documentation. You can expect your application to take longer than the processing time service standard if it was lodged without all the required documentation.
  • The service standards do not include the time taken to process nominations and/or sponsorship applications.
  • Processing times vary by location, reflecting the differing circumstances of national and regional caseloads.
  • If you submit your application for a visa online through our website the processing times may be different from those shown below. Please see the general information in the e-visa online services for more information.

Guys I am planning for the long haul - but I am hoping they decide in a shorter period then that will be great. My visa application is being lodged today and will keep you posted on it's progress - hope is good.

If you click on to the link below, this will confirm the waiting time in Australia and Overseas.

Read it carefully, it's not good news. :ermm:

http://www.immi.gov....r/visas/5.0.htm

• 2 weeks later...

To ..Bridge

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you ,

I contacted the Residence Immigration in Sydney yesterday and was transferred to the Melbourne Residence. I asked how my application was going as it had been received by them on 9th Dec 2010. He asked for our File or Client ID number so he could look it up on the computer. I was informed that it is proceding as normal and a case officer would be allocated to us when the time arrives. I said how much longer would we have to wait. He said, if all the paperwork was present and there ware no hold ups 9 months and if I did not hear from them after 9 months to contact them again and they would push it through. I said is there a hold up, he said NO that is the normal processing time as mine was in before March this year and any after Feb this year would take over 9 months and up to 12 months.

I asked if this was only for onshore applications as I had a lot of friends on Thai Visa Forum that wanted to know, he said no it was for on shore and off shore as well.

Hi ...

Thank you for information .. I had interviewed on 19 / 4 / 2011 ( about 2 months 29 days after my application loaded ) my case officer said she couldnot tell the exactly time i can get result . Cause at that time ( 19/4/2011 ) about 120 cases waitted for make decision ,now 4 weeks after been interviewed ......and about 4 months comming up on Friday 20/5/2011 together of my application process , i am still waitting ...Hope it wont be long ...

Will share info if i can get more news ,

Good luck for all kha....

The PROCESSING TIME at present is 9 months, however it will take longer if some of the documents asked for are not present.

When were you told the time was 9 months? Hopefully Feb or later?

My lady put in our application late Jan and really hopeful that the old 3 months applies to us. As previously she has been staying with me on 1x 6 mths tourist visa, then 1x 3 mths tourist visa (we asked for 6) and we had been told no more visitor visa's but if it takes more than half a year that's a bit rich.

I wouldn't rule out the fact that you could get another tourist visa even thou they warned against it.

If you provide good enough reasons and I think that the length of the processing time is a good reason then you should still go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance just got her prospective partner visa so here was our timeline, note we did apply just before the processing time officially changed:

Jan 27 - Lodged

Apr 21 - First contact from case officer

Apr 29 - Phone interview + request for an updated "free to marry certificate", the one originally submitted was over a year old as we had got this for previous visitor visas.

May 9 - New free to marry cert + translation lodged

May 12 - Case Officer sends me confirmation email that application is complete and has been passed on for final decision but expect this to take 4-6 weeks due to the large volume of applications

May 23 - Visa Approved

May 25 - Passport taken to Embassy for stamp + info pack given to fiance.

Now one question I did have was previously we always got return tickets for visitor visa's. Can we now just get a one way to Aussie land without any drama from thai airways or immigration?

Thanks again to everyone on these forums the information I gained here was invaluable in making our applications over the past couple of years.

My fiance just got her prospective partner visa so here was our timeline, note we did apply just before the processing time officially changed:

Jan 27 - Lodged

Apr 21 - First contact from case officer

Apr 29 - Phone interview + request for an updated "free to marry certificate", the one originally submitted was over a year old as we had got this for previous visitor visas.

May 9 - New free to marry cert + translation lodged

May 12 - Case Officer sends me confirmation email that application is complete and has been passed on for final decision but expect this to take 4-6 weeks due to the large volume of applications

May 23 - Visa Approved

May 25 - Passport taken to Embassy for stamp + info pack given to fiance.

Now one question I did have was previously we always got return tickets for visitor visa's. Can we now just get a one way to Aussie land without any drama from thai airways or immigration?

Thanks again to everyone on these forums the information I gained here was invaluable in making our applications over the past couple of years.

Well done.

A one way ticket would be fine. Although a prospective marriage visa is a temporary visa it does lead to permanent residency.

Bridge

My wife was here on 2nd or 3rd tourist visa in Australia,

she applied for partner visa here in Australia on 28th Feb 2011 got a bridging Visa Class A straight up

& a letter was sent to us a week later stating

CURRENTLY OUR SERVICE STANDARD FOR PROCESSING OF APPLICATIONS WHICH WERE COMPLETE AT LODGEMENT IS 6 MONTHS.

not bad service here if you ask me.rolleyes.gif

she applied for partner visa here in Australia on 28th Feb 2011 got a bridging Visa Class A straight up

CURRENTLY OUR SERVICE STANDARD FOR PROCESSING OF APPLICATIONS WHICH WERE COMPLETE AT LODGEMENT IS 6 MONTHS.

Onshore appliactions are treated differently to offshore ones! Obviously no 8503 condition on that TV. What country is ur partner from?

"got a bridging Visa Class A straight up" - that is standard procedure.

Edited by Turboadam

Onshore appliactions are treated differently to offshore ones! Obviously no 8503 condition on that TV. What country is ur partner from?

New time on Visas. Click on link below. Take note of Lodged in Australia -Lodged outside Australia.

Edited by OZEMADE

New time on Visas. Click on link below. Take note of Lodged in Australia -Lodged outside Australia.

Thanks Ozemade

So people are not confused that link is the same as per post #18. There are no new standard processing times since this thread was started on the 25/02/2011.

Standard processing times for the offshore partner (temp) visa is 10 months as is the prospective marriage visa too. Onshore partner (temp) visa is 6 months.

4 things...

-bridge says "I confirmed with a senior case officer at the Australian Embassy today that for offshore partner/prospective marriage visa applications lodged after the 7th of February 2011 standard processing time will be up to 10 months now."

-What do you mean by offshore? as opposed to onshore? i was under the impression that partner visas had to be applied for in thailand.

-TPI says "Maaaate! The fact that you have a partner application in cuts no ice in the embassy...If she isn't working then they're going to hit you up for the $15,000 security bond and the female officer dealing with the application will instantly assume that she's a "working girl"! Better to wait until she has her temp marriage visa then there is not so much nonsense!"

-is this true that you need to have around $15,000AUD in the bank in order to sponser your girlfriend to come to australia on a tourist visa?... assuming she doesnt have much money that is.

also do these people at the embassy in thailand really assume that most of the girls applying are prostitutes?

-finally, im wondering if you apply for a prospective marrige visa and your girlfriend gets a 3 month tourist visa after that and comes to australia is this taken into account when they review your prospective marriage visa?

my girlfriend is looking at getting a tourist visa to australia early next year for the sole purpose of strengthening our future applications for a long term visa

-also what is a bridging visa?