Processing Time Aust Partner/Prospective Marriage

After my wife's interview, the co said the wait for final decision is 2 to 3 months. We got it in 6 weeks. They tell you worst case I reckon just so you don't keep bugging them. It's simply not feasible for them to be more exact. So you sit and wait with your fingers crossed and pray if that floats your boat.

When Bridge first posted the "new" processing times and remember Bridge only reported what he was told, I stated then that the Embassy had done it before a few years ago and nothing changed.

I suspected that this was the same and nothing would change, processing times would remain roughly the same. It seems I have been proven right.

I believe that they do this when they start getting too many enquiries by phone and e mail and it starts to take up staff time.

Edited by gburns57au

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We put in for our spouse/partner visa on 24th August, my wife was called today for her interview which is all completed now.

Here's hoping to a speedy approval now as officer confirmed all documents received and no requirement of further information.

Has she had her medical yet? My wife's was approved 17 days after her medical.Total time from application submission to approval was 15 weeks.

Edited by Logarhythm

She was contacted last Thursday to do her Medical. I contacted the case officer as she did a medical earlier in the year and as this falls within the 12 month medical time limit, they accepted her previous medical. So, didn't require additional medical. They did a phone interview yesterday so hoping it will come through soon.

We put in for our spouse/partner visa on 24th August, my wife was called today for her interview which is all completed now.

Here's hoping to a speedy approval now as officer confirmed all documents received and no requirement of further information.

Has she had her medical yet? My wife's was approved 17 days after her medical.Total time from application submission to approval was 15 weeks.

She was contacted last Thursday to do her Medical. I contacted the case officer as she did a medical earlier in the year and as this falls within the 12 month medical time limit, they accepted her previous medical. So, didn't require additional medical. They did a phone interview yesterday so hoping it will come through soon.

I believe there is a good chance you'll get a decision soon. Good luck!

Wife just had confirmation of visa approval today.

Applied for Spouse/Partner visa on August 23rd 2011

(Medical previously done so no requirement for additional medical)

Embassy phone interview with wife Tuesday 15th November.

Visa approval confirmation by phone from case officer Thursday 24th November.

Pickup stamped passport visa on Wednesday 30th November

Total amount of weeks from application: 13 weeks and 1 day.

Good luck to all the others currently going through the same process. We had no issues with any of the information provided and no additional documentation requested. My advice is to be extremely thorough with information provided, put in a plastic sleeve binder, front page identifies table of contents throughout the binder and all supporting documentation.

Good luck to all the others currently going through the same process. We had no issues with any of the information provided and no additional documentation requested. My advice is to be extremely thorough with information provided, put in a plastic sleeve binder, front page identifies table of contents throughout the binder and all supporting documentation.

well done and congrats to you both all the best

As I suspected. Well done! Congratulations.

(Wife just had confirmation of visa approval today.

Total amount of weeks from application: 13 weeks and 1 day. )

Congratulations on good outcome. the time frame gives hope to those of us still to or about to go through the process.

Best wishes for your future in Aus

Edited by wazzi

• 2 weeks later...

Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC)

On the 9th Dec 2010 I applied ONSHORE for the 2 Visas listed below.

Application for Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820) also known as Temporary Residence Visa (T/R)

Application for Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) also known as a Permanent Residence Visa (T/R)

On the 15th Dec 2010 the application was acknowledged by DIAC, with that acknowledgment was a letter to apply for Medicare, which we did. It also said, to have a Medical and a Federal Police check done.

Almost a year later.:annoyed:

On the 4th Nov 2011 allocated a Case Officer, asking for further info which they already had. I sent in copies of all documents previously submitted?

On 25th Nov 2011 DIAC letter granting T/R with no conditions applied, may work on an unrestricted basis on this visa and that you may travel overseas and re-enter Australia unrestricted until a decision is made on the P/R.:burp:

1st Dec 2011. Received a letter from DIAC, stating that the P/R would not be approved at this time, as there was not enough proof that we had been in a long term relationship for over 5 years?:redcard1:

I rang the Case Officer and told her that they had all paperwork proving the long term relationship, going back 9 years, and a legal marriage of 7 years and I would be writing a letter, in relation to the incompetence of DIAC and the Case Officer to my LOCAL Member of Parliament.:hit-the-fan:

She said she would go through the files again.:blink:

On 7 Dec 2011, letter of acknowledgement of Permanent Residency granted.:burp:

Exactly one year to the day. :crazy:

• 1 year later...

Hi All

Just quick question what the latest processing times are for the prospective marriage visa is if anybody has applied lately.

Application went in on 8 november, recieved email on 8 feb to say we are on queue no further info required at this stage approximatly 12-16 weeks.

I did only email her 2 days before receiving this email asking how our applaction was progressing as we had heard our CA is very slow with letting people know what was happening. The letter was very STD so not real sure how long we have been on queue for.

So the waiting game is on only been back 2 weeks after my 3 week visit. Think i can see another trip before we get visa. 6 trips in 18 months is not to bad as well as the 3 month tourist visa to Aus.

Cheers Greg