How Far Can You Go With 1 Liter In ?

hansje1980

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

420x306px-LL-fuel-economy-cartoon.jpg

I was wondering how fuel efficient all your rides are.

my pjs gets 7km on 1 liter, i know... not much,

but i got stuck once BIGTIME on sukhumvit rd all the way from on nut into the city,

spend like 2 hrs there and too hot to turn engine off, need it for my airco..

on highways i havent tested it yet, so will complete the 2nd poll later :)

Anyways, all please do the poll, and reply with:

Car: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

Year: 2011

2WD/4WD: 4wd

Fuel: Diesel

KM/L (city): 7

KM/L (city): unknown yet

And do the poll ;)

Cheers,

Hans

PS. is it possible to buy an universel device you can plug in your car to see the actual usage, trip usage, etc ? something like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/2006_Honda_Airwave_fuel_efficiency_meter.jpg or http://www.fuelefficiencycenters.com/assets/graphics/fuel_efficiency_adviser_big.jpg , etc

nevermind found one already http://www.fueleffic...ncy_adviser.php , but its pretty expensive... i wonder if there are any other simular devices like this for sale in thailand. if anyone knows a good address or website, let me know :)

EDIT: seems there are no online stores who actually ship to Thailand :(

Edited by hansje1980

nevermind found one already http://www.fueleffic...ncy_adviser.php , but its pretty expensive... i wonder if there are any other simular devices like this for sale in thailand. if anyone knows a good address or website, let me know :)

Should have got a Fortuner they have them fitted as standard kit.

PS. is it possible to buy an universel device you can plug in your car to see the actual usage, trip usage, etc ?

Funily enough, the base model GLS Pajero Sport has a current/avg/min/max fuel effciency readout with Litres and KM's to go - but for the GT this is replaced by the LCD touchscreen.

However it's easy to add if you want - the device most popular in Thailand is the SmartGuage which gives a huge amount of data (way more than any OEM display including temps for everything, boost pressure, commonrail pressure etc etc), cost is approx 3,500 THB and installation is a single plug under the dash. Another option is the genuine readout from the GLS model, but will require some fabrication to mount it on the dash or roof.

As for fuel effeciency in the PJS, when I drive it's always 12.xx KM/L whether it be city or highway driving, When my wife drives in the city she gets 12-13+KM/L (depending on trafic jams), and on the highway she gets 14-15KM/L

Edit: link for English info on SmartGuage: http://www.alibaba.c...Mitsubishi.html

Note that latest firmware adds many more readouts than what's spec'd there though.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Car: Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0V Dual VVT-I

Year: 2011

2WD/4WD: 2WD

Fuel: Gasohol 91/95 or E20

KM/L (city): 13

KM/L (city): 15-16

Sorry, will use your format, and will add my other cars..

Car: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GT

Year: 2010 2.5L 4AT

2WD/4WD: 2wd

KM/L (city): 12 (12-13 = wife)

KM/L (highway): 12 (14-15 = wife)

Car: Isuzu D-Max Extracab 2.5 5MT

Year: 2009

KM/L (city): N/A (never drives in the city)

KM/L (highway): 17-18

Car: Toyota Yaris 1.5L 4AT E-Limited

Year: 2008

Fuel: E10

KM/L (city): 11-12

KM/L (highway): 15

And a couple of my older cars I can still remember ;)

Car: Toyota VIOS S

Year: 2006

Fuel: Benzene 91

KM/L (city): 10-12

KM/L (highway): 16

Car: Toyota Hilux VIGO 3.0L 4-door

Year: 2005

2WD/4WD: 4wd

KM/L (city): 8-10

KM/L (highway): 10-12

Mazda 3 Hatchback, 2 l engine (model 2008)

I try to drive smooth and below 2000 RPM (city and normal roads), below 3000 RPM on highways. The average fuel consumption is 8 to 8.5 litres for 100 km. On long distance as Bangkok-Isaan it drops below 8 litres. In Bangkok where my wife is driving it can go up to 10 litres.

My wife has also learned to drive smoothly. Her first figures were more than 12 litres for 100 km for a trip Hua Hin to Bangkok and back...

The S6 gets 5km per liter in town in traffic, on the highway: 8 to 10.

Usual average: 6.

Terrible, I know. Its horrible with the A/C on.

The funny thing is that driving at speeds above 140 it uses less than sitting in traffic.

When it gets above 160-170, then it really gets thirsty.

The car weighs 1730kgs, automatic and 4WD.

Hearing and feeling the turbo spooling up is just soooo nice.... :whistling:

Ok., 'guys'., time for your "coming-out" whistling.gif

Can the following forum members admit they either have a Prius or Nissan March:

Who voted for: 15+ KM

tropo user_popup.png, crazyswede user_popup.png, bkksw user_popup.png, Jeffreys user_popup.png

Suddenly everybody owns a Nissan March or Focus TDCi smile.gif

But you'd openly admit owning either of those..

So judging by lack of supporting comments, I'd say they must own a Prius and don't want the public ridicule, heh :lol:

Edited by sjonburi

Car :- Wife's Yaris 1.5

Year :- 2008

2WD/4WD :- 2WD / FWD

Fuel :- Gasohol 91

KM/L (Town) :- 15 - 16 moving but outside shops 0 - 0.

KM/L (highway) :- 17 - 19

Bicycle :- Coppi (London) powered by 64year old legs.

Year :- 2005

2WD/4WD :- 1WD rear.

Fuel :- Chang Beer 6.4 alcohol.

KM/L (village only) :- 0 - 0

KM/L (highway) :- Not been yet ? :lol:

i guess it is time to look at the small cars, since Oil gone above $100. I luv my new Prius. i double my millage from my old CRV

Only double? You could've bought any 600K Baht B-Segment car, or any 2.5L pickup to get double the mileage of a CR-V... buying one of the world's most environmentally damaging cars (Prius) wasn't at all necessary, heh ;)

Honda Jazz 2007 VTEC, manual transmission.

Fuel: Gasohol 91

Town: 17 km/l

Highway: 19 km/l best

I think I could get over 20 km/l with a few small changes to my driving style.

I looked at the Prius but when I did a few calcs it didn't add up for me. At the time I was looking I calculated it would take more than 300 years to recoup the price to change in fuel savings. The fact that Toyota dealers gave wildly differing prices for the battery pack didn't help their cause.

Mazda 3 Hatchback, 2 l engine (model 2008)

I try to drive smooth and below 2000 RPM (city and normal roads), below 3000 RPM on highways. The average fuel consumption is 8 to 8.5 litres for 100 km. On long distance as Bangkok-Isaan it drops below 8 litres. In Bangkok where my wife is driving it can go up to 10 litres.

My wife has also learned to drive smoothly. Her first figures were more than 12 litres for 100 km for a trip Hua Hin to Bangkok and back...

Friend of mine had a Mazda 3 2lt first trip we did 500km me in Fortuner loaded 4 peep's +++ him in Mazda, 3 peep's I used 1,200bt in fuel aprox 40lt 12.5 KML him 2,300bt now you've go some idea of how much they use fuel wise. It's now been sold. And he's got a Fortuner. Twice the size and half the fuel. Edited by fredob43

Honda Jazz 2007 VTEC, manual transmission.

Fuel: Gasohol 91

Town: 17 km/l

Highway: 19 km/l best

I think I could get over 20 km/l with a few small changes to my driving style.

I looked at the Prius but when I did a few calcs it didn't add up for me. At the time I was looking I calculated it would take more than 300 years to recoup the price to change in fuel savings. The fact that Toyota dealers gave wildly differing prices for the battery pack didn't help their cause.

Is it really that efficient for in-town driving? 17 km/l is pretty impressive. Is this im bkk or elsewhere? Or is the auto version very poor in consumption?

That in town fuel consumption figure is for driving around the Rangsit area north of Bangkok.

It is not a one off figure. It is what I get regularly and without trying particularly hard to save fuel.

Thanks, that's pretty good mileage. I live in Nonthaburi so I guess I'd see similar figures. However your 19 km/l for the highway - I'd expect that to be higher give the 17 for the urban driving. Is that due to the relatively short gearing in 5th gear? It really could use a tall 6th gear for relaxed highway driving. My interest in this is that I intend to get a second car, and the jazz is one of the contenders; along with the march and new brio.

I'm curious as to which of the diesel pick ups gets the best mpg. But it seems that few owners are interested in this survey, only responding to threads about increasing power and speed, how rockn'roll of them, I wonder if they all look like Keith Richards B)

MRO's 2.5 D Max gets a staggering 17 on HiWay, I find that amazing for such a tall heavy tank of a vehicle, as good or better than some small cars, but I don't doubt his figures. While his Vigo can only manage 10-12 on HiWay.

Sadly there are not yet enough stats to tell which of the 2.5's or 3.0's are the best. but the 2.5's would seem to have the advantage.

Few of the older 2.5's appear to have an autobox, so to get these better mpg figures a manual seems the only choice.

Anyhoo Hangje, a good thread :)

The 19km per litre figure was set last month on a run from Hat Yai to Bangkok.

That journey was completed at an average speed of 85 km per hour including all breaks along the way with a typical cruising speed of about 110 km per hour.

That is the best fuel consumption figure I have got on a long run but it regularly gives 18 km per litre on such runs.

Maybe the small difference between my 'in town' figure and 'highway' is because Rangsit can be tolerable in terms of traffic if you pick your time of day.

I went for the lightest Jazz VTEC I could get. No airbags, ABS and some other stuff I can't remember. If I remember correctly it's about 50 kg lighter than the all bells and whistles auto version.

2008 Toyota Vigo, 3.0G, 2 door, 2x4, 40,000km total mileage, with an overall average of 13.84km. In the past few months, I've kept my speed below 100kph and smoothed out my driving......last tank was my best yet, at 14.87kph/liter