Warning * Chaweng Katoey Robbery Attempted Murder

I think it good that this problem is being highlighted. In all my travels around Thailand i would have to say that i found the Khatoeys in Chaweng to be the most aggressive i have encountered, it would appear that many others have had the same experience. Being accosted by ladyboys is never a pleasant experience, but the kind of harrassment i and others i know have been subjected to in Chaweng is almost beyond belief. It's easy to say that if you ignore them then they will ignore you, but as most of us know, that is very often not the case. They have a motive for approaching you (usually to try and rob you) and ignoring you doesn't fit in with the plan, however much you try and ignore them.

Uhhhm what can I say........

I happen to know some of the girls there, just talking and helped a few out whenever there was some problem with (crazy, drunk) customers.

You do not want to know what these girls have to go through sometimes.

I am very openminded but I was shocked by some of their story's.

To cope with some of the perverted customer behaviour a lot of them turn to Ya Baa and that makes (most of) them so aggressive.

I mean it is no excuse for whatever bad happens but this is their life, hopeless for most of them, some find a good BF but that is rare.

In my experience if you just gently refuse ore ignore (sorry dear I have GF already), keep calm and friendly there should be no real problem (they do respect that).

Cheers,

Alex

I might be missing something here.But what is wrong with getting tourist police involved?If you don't get any satisfaction from the local ones, contact Bangkok , they will get things moving.

I didnt mean to put that guy off his holiday.

I would say go there, have fun, have a drink etc

But dont ever be the guy who is the most wasted, stumbling down the road blind drunk alone late at night.

There are people in this country who would kill you for 10,000 baht. Don't be complacent, dont forget that.

I find the best tactic is to tatally ignore them, say nothing, make no eye contact and walk on, same treatment as i give to tailors and other such touts.

Exactly. Once a Katoey - or tout or BG - has been ignored by you, 99% chance they wont bother you again.

:o