Where B5 Go?

David006

Yes No B5 for weeks.. The government subsidies it to keep it under 30 baht per lt. maybe nothing to do with it ? also look in the Supermarkets there is no oil, or some places you can get 1 small bottle per person.

Thailand is unable to manufactor sufficient palm oil to make biodiesel and cooking oil. So past months it has been imported from Malaysia, at a price. The only reason for B5 and B3 to begin with was to reduce the import of diesel oil replacing it with domestically made palmoildiesel. The good thing is all motorists commonrail parts get a break from aggressive biodiesel, so fill up your tanks while there is no B5 :)

and honor to the Government, keeping pure diesel at same price while there is no biodiesel available :jap:

The reason is the actual price of palm oil costs more diesel per liter.

So in effect it cancels out the benfits of using biodiesel.

Thanks guys...somehow I thought they used cassava and other veggies for bio fuel.

It really is interesting that there is a worldwide wake up call re renewable resources and food supply/sources..

to hell with the barricades.....back to the land

a topic for another day.....

Thailand is unable to manufactor sufficient palm oil to make biodiesel and cooking oil. So past months it has been imported from Malaysia, at a price. The only reason for B5 and B3 to begin with was to reduce the import of diesel oil replacing it with domestically made palmoildiesel. The good thing is all motorists commonrail parts get a break from aggressive biodiesel, so fill up your tanks while there is no B5 :)

and honor to the Government, keeping pure diesel at same price while there is no biodiesel available :jap:

And as of tomorrow (1/3/11), all regular diesel (B3) will be lowered to a Diesel (B2) blend.

Why not get rid of the ludicrous tariffs on the import of very high efficiency small diesel cars and vans? Even encourage them.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 CDTi will pull up to 88 mpg. Ford Fiesta Econetic the same. Citroen Nemo 1.4 TDi reported to pull 84 mpg.

It's like the dark ages here when it comes to vehicles.

Why not get rid of the ludicrous tariffs on the import of very high efficiency small diesel cars and vans? Even encourage them.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 CDTi will pull up to 88 mpg. Ford Fiesta Econetic the same. Citroen Nemo 1.4 TDi reported to pull 84 mpg.

Fiesta and Yaris made in Thailand petrol only, as the market doesnt want to pay for dieselpower. Focus diesel is the less expensive diesel car around here

Thai government excisetax reduction for E20 compatible cars doesnt make diesel very interesting below 1 million baht

Fiesta and Yaris made in Thailand petrol only, as the market doesnt want to pay for dieselpower. Focus diesel is the less expensive diesel car around here

Thai government excisetax reduction for E20 compatible cars doesnt make diesel very interesting below 1 million baht

Most of the world has a stone age view of motoring. this place is no exception. Thai government should be encouraging, no, demanding these high efficiency cars are available in Thailand with zero excise duty. I mean they subsidize diesel!!!

Time to become efficient.

I found some B3 at a Petronas in Om Yai today. Their sign doesn't indicate they have any, but I pulled in and asked and they directed me to one of the pumps. I filled up!!

• 2 weeks later...

Disregard my previous post. I am new to owning a diesel powered vehicle. I was not aware of the difference between B5 and regular diesel. I thought my truck absolutely had to have B5, instead I learned it can run on regular diesel. We all live and learn.

I found some B3 at a Petronas in Om Yai today. Their sign doesn't indicate they have any, but I pulled in and asked and they directed me to one of the pumps. I filled up!!