Pol. Lt. Col.Thaksin Claims Reconciliation Cannot Be Achieved Without Him

Lite Beer

Democrat says Pol. Lt. Col.Thaksin claims reconciliation cannot be achieved without him

By NUPPOL SUVANSOMBUT.

BANGKOK, 27 February 2011 (NNT)-The Democrat Party's Spokesperson Dr. Buranat Samutarak said former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's claim in his interview with the Japanese media that the national reconciliation could not be achieved without him was just an attempt to return to Thailand.

Dr. Buranat explained Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin would be able to return to Thailand as long as he, like some of the Red Shirt core members, accepted legal charges against him and did not skip countries nor use his other nationality to evade the law of Thailand.

Dr. Buranat also dismissed the claim by Mr. Thaksin's lawyer, Noppadon Pattama, that the exiled leader was holding Montenegran citizenship out of necessity, citing that Mr.Thaksin's aim was only to escape the long hand of the law.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-02-27 footer_n.gif

The headline should read:

Democrat says Pol. Lt. Col.Thaksin claims reconciliation cannot be achieved without him coming back and doing his time.

Works for me. It seems Abhisit is getting too much good press and the damned hamsters not getting the wished for traction. Cue for Noppadom and 'story time'.

Democrat says Pol. Lt. Col.Thaksin claims reconciliation cannot be achieved without him coming back and doing his time.

Works for me. It seems Abhisit is getting too much good press and the damned hamsters not getting the wished for traction. Cue for Noppadom and 'story time'.

Don't know what this gobblededook means but the truth of what Thaksin says is self evident.There can't be true reconciliation without him paying a part.Doesn't mean he shouldn't serve time or have his assets restored (though this will presumably be part of the bargaining process).Personally I think for the good of the country he should formally undertake not to seek public office.Watch this space but I don't think much will happen on this front for a few years, ie until wounds on both sides have healed.

Don't know what this gobblededook means but the truth of what Thaksin says is self evident.There can't be true reconciliation without him paying a part.Doesn't mean he shouldn't serve time or have his assets restored (though this will presumably be part of the bargaining process).Personally I think for the good of the country he should formally undertake not to seek public office.Watch this space but I don't think much will happen on this front for a few years, ie until wounds on both sides have healed.

actually things are going better in his absence. Economy improved as well. Reconciliation begins when he is gone and forgotten, or is no longer covered in the press.

Wonder if they'll ever reveal all of his payments and support to the red shirts from abroad. Surely there are tons of other charges that could be brought against this heckler.

Edited by gemini81

"There can't be true reconciliation without him paying a part."

Freudian slip???

If the man had any balls he would come back, throw himself on the mercy of those who matter and show how, and why he can be Thailand's savior. IF he has the public support, he and his henchmen claim, any unfair treatment would result in protests similar to other countries at the present time. Gamblers and politicians are not acceptable to their peers unless they are willing to back their hand to the extreme. At present Thaksin seems content to bank roll other players instead of getting in the game and playing by the house rules (match any bet or fold, pot limit is for those who anti up the initial buy-in which he has not)

Right now he is following the actions of displaced, out of favor, has been, wannabees of past and present times.

Freudian slip???

I caught that to.

I was wondering if he would care to elaborate on it. It does seemto be a big part of Thaksins stratagy pay money to unsuspecting dubes and morale's layers.

Freudian slip???

VERY well spotted. Freud would be proud!

I thought Thaksin lost his police rank??

2 year-plus waiting... and still waiting waiting for the police stripping him of his rank

Pol. Maj-Gen. Panya Aengchuan, commander of the police department's disciplinary division, said a proposal to strip Mr. Thaksin of his police rank of lieutenant-colonel would be sent to National Police Commissioner Pol. Gen. Patcharawat for his consideration.

Noting that a court had already judged and imposed a two-year imprisonment on the ousted premier minister, Gen. Panya said Mr. Thaksin is found to be in breach of police regulations, which stipulates that a police officer's rank must be stripped if the person is convicted and escapes to avoid imprisonment.

On October 21, the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions found former police officer Thaksin guilty of a conflict of interest and sentenced him in absentia to two years in jail.

-- TNA 2009-01-08

AND... the 2 year-plus waiting also applies for the return of his royal decorations...

Thaksin willing to return royal decorations

The Nation - October 13, 2008

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will likely agree to return all of his royal decorations if required to by law, Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua said yesterday.

If Thaksin fails to appeal the Supreme Court's guilty verdict and two-year jail sentence against him in the Ratchadaphisek land case, the Knight Grand Commander (Second Class, higher grade) of the Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao would need to be recalled.

A PM's Office decree endorsed by then-PM Thaksin in August 2005 gives eight criteria for the recalling of royal decorations, including if a person is convicted by the highest court and ordered to serve time in prison.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

epilogue: Thaksin DID fail to appeal his guilty verdict, but has never complied with the recall law he himself signed..

actually things are going better in his absence. Economy improved as well. Reconciliation begins when he is gone and forgotten, or is no longer covered in the press.

Wonder if they'll ever reveal all of his payments and support to the red shirts from abroad. Surely there are tons of other charges that could be brought against this heckler.

Can we have a"Who funded the Muppets" aka yellows shirts for 6 months. I personally know of one man who paid 20,000 per month because if he did not he would be shunned from the "business loop". Why does nobody ask who funded thousands of people for 6 months. Who starts all the topics on here...oops forgot

Can we have a"Who funded the Muppets" aka yellows shirts for 6 months. I personally know of one man who paid 20,000 per month because if he did not he would be shunned from the "business loop". Why does nobody ask who funded thousands of people for 6 months. Who starts all the topics on here...oops forgot

Please elaborate, I would personally like to know who ...

truethailand said:

what? you personally know someone who isn't red?

i find that hard to believe.......

Edited by timekeeper

Who's Thaksin and who cares?

Former-PM from several years ago, now living & shopping in Dubai, who has quit Thai politics, but is still thought to be able to attract 175% of the Thai-electorate, including those areas which consistently didn't vote for him in the old days. B)