Honda Pcx 125: Experiences?

saengsureeya

I'm about to buy a new motorbike and for some time I've been thinking of a Honda PCX 125.

The only I know about it, is that the seat (with the "bulb" in the middle) is not very convenient, but that seems to be possible to adjust.

What about driving, manoevring, fual consumption, long distances........

Let me know pls.

It might be tiresome to pursue, but best information is available using the search function on this forum. There is a lot to read that is directed at your questions.

Since the model is recent, information will be accurate about the pcx, excepting the price - which you'll have to discover in your own community. Removing the "bump" in the seat is a popular option and is discussed as well.

I've had one for a few months now as a change from a 150 CBR. I can't fault it so far and it's great fun to ride, I'm 6 foot and although the upright position is a little strange I don't have a problem with it nor the hump in the seat. Manoeuvres easily around town though the mirrors are a bit wide so you do need a bit more room when squeezing through traffic. Fuel consumption also excellent, I fill up every 200kms and even with the current high fuel price it still only costs 160 Baht to fill the tank. I can't speak for long journeys as I only use mine for about 8 kms in and out of town but its plenty quick enough to leave most of the Sukhumvit traffic behind coming in and out of Pattaya. Not as quick as the CBR max speed I think a little over 100kph and the acceleration not quite as good but I don't find it sluggish for all that. Something I really appreciate around the town is not having to make the constant gear changes and the auto shut off of the engine at traffic lights (Starts up again as soon as to open the throttle with no delay) which contributes to the excellent fuel consumption. Hope that helps.

I've had one for a few months now as a change from a 150 CBR. I can't fault it so far and it's great fun to ride, I'm 6 foot and although the upright position is a little strange I don't have a problem with it nor the hump in the seat. Manoeuvres easily around town though the mirrors are a bit wide so you do need a bit more room when squeezing through traffic. Fuel consumption also excellent, I fill up every 200kms and even with the current high fuel price it still only costs 160 Baht to fill the tank. I can't speak for long journeys as I only use mine for about 8 kms in and out of town but its plenty quick enough to leave most of the Sukhumvit traffic behind coming in and out of Pattaya. Not as quick as the CBR max speed I think a little over 100kph and the acceleration not quite as good but I don't find it sluggish for all that. Something I really appreciate around the town is not having to make the constant gear changes and the auto shut off of the engine at traffic lights (Starts up again as soon as to open the throttle with no delay) which contributes to the excellent fuel consumption. Hope that helps.

The PCX is fun and stylish, amazingly smooth and quiet, and is built for the larger farang body -- all-in-all the best automatic motorbike on the Thai market today -- nothing else comes close. The mentally disadvantaged with no capacity to evaluate properly a motorbike or car (or anything else with an engine) will claim that it is inferior to other choices because bungi cords cannot be strapped to its butt easliy, which will make carrying your desk top computer, refrigerator and bed difficult on a PCX. So, if your plans include carrying such oversized items on your motorbike on a regular basis, you might want to consider that limitation. The red and black PCX is awesome. and I would buy that one. I have a PCX and really like it.

The PCX is fun and stylish, amazingly smooth and quiet, and is built for the larger farang body -- all-in-all the best automatic motorbike on the Thai market today

. The mentally disadvantaged with no capacity to evaluate properly a motorbike or car (or anything else with an engine) will claim that it is inferior to other choices because bungi cords cannot be strapped to its butt easliy, which will make carrying your desk top computer, refrigerator and bed difficult on a PCX. So, if your plans include carrying such oversized items on your motorbike on a regular basis, you might want to consider that limitation. The red and black PCX is awesome. and I would buy that one. I have a PCX and really like it.

I must be one of the "mentally disadvantaged" because I prefer the Air Blade.

Considering you're such a genius when it comes to assessing bikes, I'm surprised you said it was made for Farang. This is nonsense because it was designed for the Asian market.

Perhaps you've noticed that there are no new Air Blades in Thailand right now. This is because Honda are getting better prices for them in Vietnam. The Vietnamese market knows a good bike when they see one and leave the crap PCX's in Thailand for people like you.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">I bought one for my wife but in the past 2 months I think I have ridden it more than her, it really is fun top ride, and comfortable. As a bonus I have now saved 2,000 per month by not using my car. Yahoooooo. We had an air blade but it's nothing compared to the PCX. And looks the part. With extras her cost 97K.</SPAN></P>

post-50331-0-13924300-1298850268_thumb.j

post-50331-0-75579800-1298850293_thumb.j

My Pcx experience. I bought in Phuket for 70,000 about ten months ago and have just over 18,000 km on the bike. The stock shocks are worthless, trade to an after-market. I bought the YSS gas shock and the ride is fantastic. About the handle bars; have the mechanic take a cloth covered (so he does not mar the covers) flat screwdriver and pry up the little screw covers on the bars, adjust the bars to your liking and tighten it back down. The seat is okay but the bump is something Honda should get rid of considering the general consensus. It's very easy to change for about 350 Baht. Have the upholsterer grind down the posts that hold the bump and cover as you like. I changed the brown panels to black for 1280 Baht, installed at the dealer. The bike needs more guts mid-range, in my opinion, and caps at 105. I'm not a speed demon but would like to have the available power and top end if needed. I am considering a new (quite) muffler and a better air filter because it is in these changes I think you get the most bang for the buck. I have traded a couple messages with the Jcosta variator guy and would like to have an independent person or preferably a Honda dealer render an opinion. At 18,000 km I am in need of new tires before the rainy season and have read a review on the Michelin p2, I think they are called. I have always like their (Michelin) performance on cars and trucks but have no frame of reference for motorcycle tires. Anyone with experience with this tire or any other tire is welcome to chime in. What draws me, other than previous experience is that, according to the review, the side-wall is a soft compound and the rest is a medium compound. The stock tires on the Pcx have a little slip when you are turning and if you are not careful or hit a patch of something you could be in trouble. The idle stop is great. The bearing in the back wheel is talking too me, and I personally think Honda should fix it for free because you are not supposed to have to change it until 24,000 km. Over all its a small problem to contend with.

Would I buy again, yes. :)

Thanks for your responses.

I'll go for it this weekend and will regard your comments.

Tropo, I used to ride an Air Blade in the past. A great bike, but when Honda introduced the PCS the prices for the AB went up to almost THB 60,000.

Can imagine that it won't be sold anymore.

Personally it's a great buy for short-mid commute. Got new seat for it but still find the ridge in the middle being too far forward, might have to spend money for get a custom seat. Great fuel economy for the gas price :lol:, not the fastest off the block and a little heavier than the 'clicks', etc. but a lot more room. Love the large storage space under the seat.

As for the tyres, definite change them. Low sided on a u-turn, thanks fully wasn't going fast but still embarassing.

I love my PCX, apart from the hump which is annoying on a longer run. One day I will get rid of it along with the rear shocks, the wife's new Scoopy rides better than the PCX which doesn't seem fair to me.

Why not rent one for a day and see if you like it?

Thanks for your responses.

I'll go for it this weekend and will regard your comments.

Tropo, I used to ride an Air Blade in the past. A great bike, but when Honda introduced the PCS the prices for the AB went up to almost THB 60,000.

Can imagine that it won't be sold anymore.

As I said, the reason is that Vietnam is paying a higher price for them so they won't discount them in Thailand.

The PCX looks like it should have a 200 cc engine. IMO it's too bulky for a 125cc.

The PCX is fun and stylish, amazingly smooth and quiet, and is built for the larger farang body -- all-in-all the best automatic motorbike on the Thai market today

. The mentally disadvantaged with no capacity to evaluate properly a motorbike or car (or anything else with an engine) will claim that it is inferior to other choices because bungi cords cannot be strapped to its butt easliy, which will make carrying your desk top computer, refrigerator and bed difficult on a PCX. So, if your plans include carrying such oversized items on your motorbike on a regular basis, you might want to consider that limitation. The red and black PCX is awesome. and I would buy that one. I have a PCX and really like it.

Considering you're such a genius when it comes to assessing bikes, I'm surprised you said it was made for Farang. This is nonsense because it was designed for the Asian market.

Perhaps you've noticed that there are no new Air Blades in Thailand right now. This is because Honda are getting better prices for them in Vietnam. The Vietnamese market knows a good bike when they see one and leave the crap PCX's in Thailand for people like you.

I agree completely with your first sentence, but not only because you prefer the Airblade. The rest of your post is complete crap....

There are no new Airblades as there are no new (2011) Phantoms being sold in Thailand, because Honda has decided to sell only fuel injected motorbikes in Thailand, due primarily to emissions regulations in Thailand. The Airbaldes and Phantoms that are being sold by dealers in Thailand are new 2010 models or secondhand bikes, neither is fuel injected. They are getting higher prices for PCXs outside Thailand, but that hasn't stopped Honda from selling the PCX in Thailand -- only a fool would suggest hat it would. I should have said that the size and shape of the PCX "is well suited for the larger farang body" because I in no way intended to mean that the PCX had been designed by Honda specifically for farangs. But it is equally rediculous (or indeed even more) to suggest that it was designed for the "Asian market". From the internet, "The Honda PCX is a scooter built in Thailand but designed for the world market; this means that it meets standards around the world, not just in Southeast Asia.. Read more: Honda PCX Specifications | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7366083_honda-pcx-specifications.html#ixzz1FEwNBawM". (emphasis added). There are similar statements on many websites, and not one that suggests that the PCX was "designed for the Asian market". One of its biggest export markets is the US, where it sells for more than US$ 800 more than it sells for in Thailand. I think that you have the market for nonsense well under control.

Go back and read my post carefully (you obviously didn't read it the first time). You might learn something.

The rest of your post is complete crap....

...only a fool would suggest hat it would...

... I think that you have the market for nonsense well under control...

Go back and read my post carefully (you obviously didn't read it the first time). You might learn something.

Let's cut out the flaming and get down to facts:

1. The PCX is not designed for anyone over 5'5". If it takes off on the "world market", only the short people will be buying them.

2. The last Honda Air Blade model sold in Thailand was fuel injected (2009).

3. All the new Air Blades are going to Vietnam. Ask some dealers.

4. I prefer the Air Blade. I looked at the PCX early last year when it came out and walked away.

5. I'm not going to learn anything from you.

Edited by tropo

I agree completely with your first sentence, but not only because you prefer the Airblade. The rest of your post is complete crap....

There are no new Airblades as there are no new (2011) Phantoms being sold in Thailand, because Honda has decided to sell only fuel injected motorbikes in Thailand, due primarily to emissions regulations in Thailand. The Airbaldes and Phantoms that are being sold by dealers in Thailand are new 2010 models or secondhand bikes, neither is fuel injected. They are getting higher prices for PCXs outside Thailand, but that hasn't stopped Honda from selling the PCX in Thailand -- only a fool would suggest hat it would. I should have said that the size and shape of the PCX "is well suited for the larger farang body" because I in no way intended to mean that the PCX had been designed by Honda specifically for farangs. But it is equally rediculous (or indeed even more) to suggest that it was designed for the "Asian market". From the internet, "The Honda PCX is a scooter built in Thailand but designed for the world market; this means that it meets standards around the world, not just in Southeast Asia.. Read more: Honda PCX Specifications | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz1FEwNBawM". (emphasis added). There are similar statements on many websites, and not one that suggests that the PCX was "designed for the Asian market". One of its biggest export markets is the US, where it sells for more than US$ 800 more than it sells for in Thailand. I think that you have the market for nonsense well under control.

Aehm i think u missed something. There is a Airblade with fuel injection its called Airblade-i and is available since last year...... http://www.jrmotor.com/airblade-i.html

And myself would prefer it instead of that ugly bastard bike PCX even its having less power.

@tropo last time i have been at my local dealer they had a Airbalde-i, but dunno about the price.

Edited by Hili

The mentally disadvantaged with no capacity to evaluate properly a motorbike or car (or anything else with an engine) will claim that it is inferior to other choices because bungi cords cannot be strapped to its butt easliy, which will make carrying your desk top computer, refrigerator and bed difficult on a PCX. So, if your plans include carrying such oversized items on your motorbike on a regular basis, you might want to consider that limitation.

One thing is for sure........you certainly are not qualified to call anyone here "Mentally disadvantaged" when you claim you are an expert but completely missed--what was it, six months or how long was it exactly that the Air Blade was fuel injected in its last incarnation?

Same sort of size as the Airblade is the Suzuki SKYDRIVE 125 Fi...

Last time I was in Honda all the Airblades were all the 'new' 2011 colour, Gray or 2 tone gray, the Suzuki has a much better colour range for 2011 + bigger engine and a bit cheaper.

I have a PCX and an Airblade. No comparison, PCX is great, Airblade is OK if the road is smooth. :)

I have a PCX and an Airblade. No comparison, PCX is great, Airblade is OK if the road is smooth. :)

Well at least that takes you off the "mentally disadvantaged list".

Some of the main reasons I prefer the Air Blade are because it's smaller, as a small engined motorcycle should be, it's a better seating position for me and it's looks better ... and where do I hang my shopping?

But nevermind me, I'm mentally challenged.:)

Well at least that takes you off the "mentally disadvantaged list".

Some of the main reasons I prefer the Air Blade are because it's smaller, as a small engined motorcycle should be, it's a better seating position for me and it's looks better ... and where do I hang my shopping?

But nevermind me, I'm mentally challenged.:)

The PCX is quicker than my Airblade, more comfortable on bad roads and the PCX has a huge space under the seat for your goodies. Sorry, ladies won't fit under the seat. :D

From www.dztimes.net:

" Higher demand pushes up scooter prices

on Dec 15, 2010

HCMC - Prices of motorcycles, especially scooters, are on the rise since demand is leaping in the lead up to the Lunar New Year holiday, or Tet, as seen in previous years.

Scooters are greatly sought after in HCMC at the moment, so their already-high prices are even higher than on normal days. The best-sellers are PCX, LEAD and Air Blade of Honda Vietnam, Nouvo 135 LX of Yamaha Vietnam, LX125 of Piaggio, and some scooter models imported from Thailand and Japan. . . .

Honda Vietnam's Air Blade FI, a favorite of Vietnamese consumers, is going like hot cakes. The company's suggested retail price of this scooter model is only VND33 million per unit but its authorized HEAD resellers often ratchet it up to VND40-42 million.

Busy motorcycle outlets on An Duong Vuong Street in District 5 on Tuesday quoted an Air Blade FI made by Honda Vietnam at VND44-46 million per unit, including VAT and registration fees. . . .

The new scooter model of PCX 125 which Honda Vietnam launched in September at a suggested price of some VND50 million, with VAT included, has emerged as a new favorite of customers in the city.

An authorized Honda dealership on Nguyen Trai Street in HCMC's District 1 said many people had placed orders for PCX 125 scooters but just some of them had been taken due to limited supply.

The dealership has taken some 500 orders for the PCX at some VND54.5 million per unit, inclusive of VAT and registration fees, but delivery would take one or two years because Honda Vietnam is running at full capacity but supply is still lower than demand. Honda Vietnam only delivers 5-6 PCX scooters to this dealer each month.

Another Honda dealership at Cong Hoa Intersection in the city said it had received nearly 1,000 orders for the PCX at the same price, but it would take one year to deliver.

Honda Vietnam said its factory is operating at full capacity with three shifts everyday. But its production depends on suppliers as well.

Moreover, in order to meet rising demand, Honda Vietnam is in the process of expanding its second motorcycle factory which will mainly produce scooters and high-class cubs. This new factory is expected to operate in July next year and its total production capacity will be doubled to one million units per year. So, the company expects to meet demand when this facility is in place. . . .

A Honda Air Blade scooter imported from Thailand goes for VND68 million including tax and registration fees, VND10 million higher than two months ago. And an imported PCX sells for more than VND80 million, VND15 million higher than previously. . . .

Motorcycle stores have attributed the rising prices of scooters to the dollar rise against the dong and the peak of the year-end shopping season.

Post from: Saigon Times" (emphasis added).

Maybe the Vietnamese really do know a good motorbike when they see one......

Edited by Thailaw

Maybe the Vietnamese really do know a good motorbike when they see one......

Thanks! That was good work tracking down that report.

Let's see how the sales compare after a couple of years of trading. New models always garner some early interest, especially when they are from a high profile company such as Honda. It's a bit like the fever buying of the Apple iPhones.

Edited by tropo

From www.dztimes.net:

Honda Vietnam's Air Blade FI, a favorite of Vietnamese consumers, is going like hot cakes. The company's suggested retail price of this scooter model is only VND33 million per unit but its authorized HEAD resellers often ratchet it up to VND40-42 million.

Busy motorcycle outlets on An Duong Vuong Street in District 5 on Tuesday quoted an Air Blade FI made by Honda Vietnam at VND44-46 million per unit, including VAT and registration fees. . . .

The new scooter model of PCX 125 which Honda Vietnam launched in September at a suggested price of some VND50 million, with VAT included, has emerged as a new favorite of customers in the city.

Another Honda dealership at Cong Hoa Intersection in the city said it had received nearly 1,000 orders for the PCX at the same price, but it would take one year to deliver.

A Honda Air Blade scooter imported from Thailand goes for VND68 million including tax and registration fees, VND10 million higher than two months ago. And an imported PCX sells for more than VND80 million, VND15 million higher than previously. . . .

Motorcycle stores have attributed the rising prices of scooters to the dollar rise against the dong and the peak of the year-end shopping season.

Post from: Saigon Times" (emphasis added).

Sounds more like a promo advert, especially since the quoted figures appear to be so specific.

Perhaps the Saigon Times is aimed solely at the mentally challenged readership...or worse, lawyers.

Edited by Phatcharanan