Journalism Thai Style

crusty

:angry: According to the interview of a leading Bangkok property developer in one of the English language business sections today, this developer has expanded and opened two projects on Koh Samui, one named Kantary Hotel and Serviced Apartments and the other,The Cape Hotel with 22 units on a private island. Nobody I know has any idea where these properties are. Private island ? interesting ! Methinks yet another case of journo's reporting from their air con offices in Bangkok and printing what they were told without checking ! Edited by crusty

Kalara have just started their second site within 12 months, the one Bangpor area is sold out and the one next door to me here in Bang Rak is going up at a really quick rate, probably the quickest I have seen a building going up. I have been told that 80% are already sold, so lets hope its the begining of something good economy wise.

the building job is usually a good pointer regards economical state.

Kalara have just started their second site within 12 months, the one Bangpor area is sold out and the one next door to me here in Bang Rak is going up at a really quick rate, probably the quickest I have seen a building going up. I have been told that 80% are already sold, so lets hope its the begining of something good economy wise.

yes out of all the agents i have found Kalara the most helpfull when coming to rentals and selling have had nightmare with laptop free lancers!

According to all their websites, Zilch properties on Samui.

zilch a family name or the number of projects they've completed?

reminds me of GM trying to sell the chevrolet nova in south america

Zero projects on Samui, Nada, Rien.

Could be a 'red herring' but a development has started north of Plai Laem on the road to the Arayaburi/Six Sense.

Hotel/apartments. I don't know who the developer is, but they are definitely being built! The construction company is SSE (South Siam Engineering)

Aha well sleuthed ! And the "private" island with 22 villas would be Koh Som. Hope the pushy Bangkok developer realises the popular beach on Koh Som is public or it will end up with never ending protests and rightly so !:angry:

I know it makes me sound a cynic but i think developers say "80% sold" or the likes as standard regardless if any have actually been sold to create the illusion that buying property here is a good investment and its a great developement.

Edited by carmine

I know it makes me sound a cynic but i think developers say "80% sold" or the likes as standard regardless if any have actually been sold to create the illusion that buying property here is a good investment and its a great developement.

show up with a deposit and watch how quickly those units become available

:D You know it Joe

Hasn't beckham bought 2 already ? :blink:

As said try rocking up to a place that is telling you most of the units are gone and just see what choice they offer you. Chances are you can still have your pick.

Real estate agents and politicians are the same breed. ;)

:D You know it Joe

Ok

Edited by premiersportsbar

You are Cynical BUT with the past few years in mind it isn't any wonder.

Kalara site in Bang Po "CODE" which is 40 units was sold out but there has been 2 cancellations.

The site in Ban Rak "LANNA" which is 66 units is 65% sold out and not 80% due to a reservation of an English customer for multiple units not completing.

Cheers!

Ok before anybody gets synical I have no affilliation and am not part of Kalara, however I think credit where its due,

I live in Bangrak and Kalara have just started a new develpement next door to me, the site is being constructed at a very speedy rate and is quite impressive,

not only is the site clean tidy and boarded out very respectibley, but the site office and the worker camp is on par.

they have staff from the site clean the road every day mid afternoon so the road looks as though no work is going on, infact its cleaner than

before when no work was going on.

as I have said in the past , the construction job is always a good pointer to better times, lets hope this is a good omen.

Ok before anybody gets synical I have no affilliation and am not part of Kalara, however I think credit where its due,

I live in Bangrak and Kalara have just started a new develpement next door to me, the site is being constructed at a very speedy rate and is quite impressive,

not only is the site clean tidy and boarded out very respectibley, but the site office and the worker camp is on par.

they have staff from the site clean the road every day mid afternoon so the road looks as though no work is going on, infact its cleaner than

as I have said in the past , the construction job is always a good pointer to better times, lets hope this is a good omen.

wouldn't hold your breath

Please can you narrow down to exactly where Kalara are building in Banrak?

Just interested.

Just interested.

from Bangrak main street enter the ghost rd next to 7-11, pass Riks bar then turn right at Robs bar, take first concrete road on your left, the first site is the workers camp the second is under construction.

I'm not 100% but have been told that this actual soi is shortly to be named soi Kalara

Just interested.

from Bangrak main street enter the ghost rd next to 7-11, pass Riks bar then turn right at Robs bar, take first concrete road on your left, the first site is the workers camp the second is under construction.

I'm not 100% but have been told that this actual soi is shortly to be named soi Kalara

:o For Chrissake read the post ! This about Kantary NOT Kantara ! Duuuuhhhh !

Just interested.

:o For Chrissake read the post ! This about Kantary NOT Kantara ! Duuuuhhhh !

Or Kalara for that matter !

yes i agree. Buy a property because you want to live in it and enjoy it is ok. But buying with the hope of re-selling for investment is more tricky than trying to fix a rubix cube