Buying Riverside Condo, Bkk

Hi everybody

Im considering buying a condo as an investment.....i have read some of the posts here which clearly say that this is not a good idea.

However... would like to know if anybody has bought and sold a condo? and if you have contacts for any riverside condominiums in Yannawa or near the Menam Hotel.

thanks

Bellenomade

Hi everybody

Im considering buying a condo as an investment.....i have read some of the posts here which clearly say that this is not a good idea.

However... would like to know if anybody has bought and sold a condo? and if you have contacts for any riverside condominiums in Yannawa or near the Menam Hotel.

thanks

Bellenomade

Like buying property anywhere LOCATION is the trick. Be close to a Skytrain or Subway station...no more than a 10 minute walk. The Sukhumvit area is expensive but best for your bhats.

Hi everybody

thanks

Bellenomade

Yes I have bought one there before. In fact I am trying to sell it right now. Its on the river but on the other side, almost directly across from the Menam Hotel. Directly down the street from the Marriott Riverside Hotel in fact. If you are interested in it or want to see some pictures, PM me.

As a previous poster said location is the key. I know this is not BKK but I just sold a studio condo in Jomtien that I bought in Aug 2003. It has been rented most of the time and I have picked up a 25% capital growth on the sale. We are not talking about a real lot of money here but I am happy with the result.

Yes I have bought one there before.  In fact I am trying to sell it right now.  Its on the river but on the other side, almost directly across from the Menam Hotel.  Directly down the street from the Marriott Riverside Hotel in fact.  If you are interested in it or want to see some pictures, PM me.

Sorry to go back to basics, I'm only just starting to look at pro's & cons of ownership. I know that houses and land aren't for us farang (without heaps of thai-tape), but am I able to buy a condo., no strings attached? :o

Yes I have bought one there before.  In fact I am trying to sell it right now.  Its on the river but on the other side, almost directly across from the Menam Hotel.  Directly down the street from the Marriott Riverside Hotel in fact.  If you are interested in it or want to see some pictures, PM me.

Sorry to go back to basics, I'm only just starting to look at pro's & cons of ownership. I know that houses and land aren't for us farang (without heaps of thai-tape), but am I able to buy a condo., no strings attached? :o

Yes you are! Interested in mine???????