Gillette Fusion

AlanL1275

I use a Gillette Proglide fusion razor, best shave Ive ever had. The problem is they cost at least £2 each (100bt), and dont last that long. I personally would never go back to 3 blade razors, let alone single blade, no matter what the brand. No 2 chins are the same, what works for me might not work for someone else, I prefer 5 blades and the razorpit extends the life of them for me.

Here's the one I bought

http://www.amazon.co...d_sim_sbs_hpc_2

total garbage.. maybe yours is better.

Looking at the one you talk about on amazon it does look to be very different ineed and gets much better reviews

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_hpc_2

Edited by Jayman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only use the Mach 3 but was down to my blast blade and it is in need of replacement ... So, I decided to get some double blades at the 711 before going on a trip a week ago because my local 711 was out of my blades ... big mistake. Numerous cuts on my face as well as a terrible shave. I was so happy to get home last night and shave with my old Mach 3 blade which still works a 100 times better than those cheaper blades. The Fusion does give a much cleaner shave than the Mach 3 but not such a big big difference. I just can't even remember how I used those older blades before they came out with the Mach 3.

Back in the late 1960s I used to use an electric razor but I ended up buying one of the old cut throat types in Singapore.

I couldn't get the damned thing sharp enough and in the end went to the double blade razors by Gillette and I have stayed with Gillette ever since.

Who from the UK remembers Victor Kiam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC2Th4PVhDg

Back in the late 1960s I used to use an electric razor but I ended up buying one of the old cut throat types in Singapore.

I couldn't get the damned thing sharp enough and in the end went to the double blade razors by Gillette and I have stayed with Gillette ever since.

Who from the UK remembers Victor Kiam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC2Th4PVhDg

he is in bangkok now, met a woman on soi cowboy.

he liked her so much he bought her company

• Like 1

Yes I have used the 3 blades and twin blades and 4 blades and find the Fusion to be the best so far - otherwise no amount of advertising budget would get them the market. But agree it is overpriced just as patent medicine often is. And would love to find a generic that works as well but it sure will not be a Blue Blade or other safety razor of 50 years ago.

Yes, but you haven't rusty--rusty--3 blades and twin blades and 4 blades. I'd say that 4 rusty blades must be worse than 1 rusty blade.

Gillette monopolizes the market w/ absurd Fusions and Mach 3s to maximize profit, of course. Obviously this is a religious issue with you where rationality has little place. You seem awfully worried about current fashion and hate to appear retro. But safety razors were and still are wonderful and absolutely the best way to go, same as vintage Scotch. Thousands have gone back to them; DE shaving has become quite an industry--of which you're blissfully unaware, as you pay thru the nose. You should spend time reading the badgerandblade forums.

yes and you have bought into reverse hype.

i have used both recently and for pure convenience i prefer the fusion.

i really have no desire to change what you prefer.

shaving for me is an inconvenience, i have as little desire to read badgerblade as i do to listen to you proselytize about you have chosen to turn shaving into a daily ritual.

none.

I wish there was a way to see hidden (deleted posts) because I am at a loss to figure out how talk of shaving razors can cause people to be abusive to each other but then again I guess we all have our days. smile.png

I have used the Razorpit sharpener to sharpen my Gillette Fusion blades , it's excellent, I had two shipped to me in BKK a couple months ago and have a spare brand new packaged one, If anyone's interested please PM me.

post-98126-0-51100000-1357235753_thumb.j

Edited by KKvampire

• 5 months later...

BUMP

Yesterday I bought a pack of 4 Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor blades in BigC in Khampaeng Phet.

I think they were about 475 baht.

I have never seen them for sale in Thailand before.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You are right ...they just got into the supermarkets about 2 months ago ...hurray !

BUMP

Yesterday I bought a pack of 4 Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor blades in BigC in Khampaeng Phet.

I think they were about 475 baht.

I have never seen them for sale in Thailand before.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngclap2.gif

You are right ...they just got into the supermarkets about 2 months ago ...hurray !

Much better than the Mach 3 in my opinion and the razor itself is a more comfortable fit in my hand.

I bought my 1st fusion in the us recently. $15 for a razor with 2 blades and a 4 pack of blades. not bad 450 baht for all that. I brought it here and need to use up 3 mach 3 blades first. a blade lasts me about 3 months. to those who scoff at gillete, they are a great value and last a long time while never cutting you. costs about 30 baht a month to shave. looking forward to rocking on with fusion

• 11 months later...

Stumbled over this thread earlier today when looking for info on Mach 3 prices. Went into town shopping and found the Fusion blades in Watsons ... next to them was Watson's own label ... 157 Baht for the razor and 2 cartridges and the same price for 4 replacement cartridges. Got to be worth a try!

post-145960-0-12261600-1401536470_thumb.

post-145960-0-42469300-1401536538_thumb.

• Like 1

They're stocked in villa market and boots.

Including the 'turbo' version.

A related question: has anyone seen badger brushes for sale in Bangkok? I bought one from the UK but it is getting a bit worn out.

Edited by celso