A Quick Question

Let's suppose that someone's got a multiple entry NonO on the basis of marriage from Penang. No proof of funds. They must exit every 90 days. No problem.

Why should someone be given a hard time to try and extend this for a year, with proof of funds in Thailand?

I've tried to explain to a friend that you can only get an extension within the last 30 days validity of the original visa. Therefore, he should have only applied for a single entry. I think?

Local immigration are also asking for 600,000 Baht in a Thai bank account. That seems to be tea money for an express delivery of what he's not entitled to anyway.

Can someone advise, please.

The requirement is 400k funds in a Thai bank account for extension of stay for support Thai wife. I believe there has been some misunderstanding or the funds did not come from overseas and he does not have a work permit?

The application can be made when the current 90 day entry is down to 30 days or less remaining so it can be done on any entry of a multi entry visa.

AFAIK nobody is given a hard time if they meet the conditions - and there is no reason to suspect they are employed inside Thailand without a work permit or not living together.