Keep Ya Mouth Shut

DiamondKing

Well just a quick bit of advice to watch what you say to anyone here in Thailand as I am currently being charged with calling a Bargirl/owner a Bitch after I broke a glass and she demanded 5000 baht and called me a Kwai she filed a charge against me for calling her a Bitch and I could file a charge back for her calling me a Kwau but it all seems so petty, I apologized in the Police station 3 times but she was not having any of it and insited the police contnue with the charge and take it to court after I refused to pay 15000 baht 5000 for the glass and 10,000 for defamation or calling her a F Bitch

All the police and even the lady thai lawyer said she was totally unreasonable in her insistment of pressing the charge even after I apologized so just be careful what you say even when being abused yourself best keep ya mouth shut. I guess now I just wait for the court date and see what happens anyone else had any similar experiences.

Good job I have given up going to bars on a regular basis lol

DK

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15.000....? That sounds expensive. You should send a note to the financial whiz-kid of this forum, he'll give you a few pointers on gardeners and other stuff you can employ in order to make it cheaper.

Did I mention they have to be biling....triling...multilingual?

I think there is a LOT more to this than the OP has mentioned.

But, I do agree, there ARE times to keep your mouth shut. Unfortunately, booze has a tendency to loosen the vocal cords. I've been going to Thai bars for 15 years and have YET to have a problem. But, then I don't disrespect other people either.

At the end of the day you are a falang in Thailand they can do what they want its there country right or wrong.,Its a business and drink is an excuse for many people to mouth off , Maybe think you self lucky you have not spent a week in Hospital from a kicking from the door men,Golden rule in Thailand see all say nothing .

Edited by Thongkorn

Firstly, there is no way the police would file criminal charges against anyone for calling someone a name, especially if not in the public domain.

Second, if I had been the OP, I would have offered to pay 50 baht for the broken glass and denied calling the Bargirl a bitch or any other names.

As one poster has already suggested, there probably more to this than the OP is letting on.

Firstly, there is no way the police would file criminal charges against anyone for calling someone a name, especially if not in the public domain.

Second, if I had been the OP, I would have offered to pay 50 baht for the broken glass and denied calling the Bargirl a bitch or any other names.

As one poster has already suggested, there probably more to this than the OP is letting on.

Ok lets clear some things up

1.) I offered to pay for the broken glass but anything less than 5000 baht was not accpetable to her which is why the argument ensued and got to the point of me calling her a name.after she was demanding 5000 baht for a 20 baht glass even the Lawyer today told her that was not a reasonable request.

2.) I spent this afternoon in the Police station and the charges I am told are already filed by HER, (not the Police) I received a registered summons to the Police station and the meeting today was to try and clear it however my apologies were not accepted and she refused to withdraw the charge and it will now proceed to the next step whatever that is. I specifically asked what is it for and was told for calling her a F bitch and the lady lawyer that works at the Police station told me the charges are already laid and will now go forward to be processed since she did not accept my apolgies.

3.) there is more to the story but nothing juicy or anything that I did other than I break a glass and then after her calling me a Kwai and demanding 5000 baht that is when I called her a Bitch nothing else to it although I realize it sounds strange LOL the whole thing is strange to me lol

I also cant beleive that charges would be filed just for calling her a name but I was not imagining being in the Police station several time and being specifically told its for calling her a Bitch

Dk

Edited by DiamondKing

1.) I offered to pay for the broken glass but anything less than 5000 baht was not accpetable to her which is why the argument ensued and got to the point of me calling her a name.after she was demanding 5000 baht for a 20 baht glass even the Lawyer today told her that was not a reasonable request.

So when you get before the judge if it is not rejected before that stage explain in simple terms that you broke a glass and she immediately demanded 100 times it's actual replacement value which you deemed unreasonable, hence the insult. She insulted you and you responded in kind. She does sound like a bitch and maybe the judge will agree with you.

I'm pretty sure of one thing though, whatever 'hi-so' type judge you get will look down on this bar girl like she is a piece of dirt staining the floor of his courtroom.

Calling a Bargirl (whore) a bitch,what's wrong whith that. :unsure:

If you don't know then you are obviously in the wrong country... or should I say... world.

I dont see anything wrong with calling a bar girl a bitch if she calls me a moron first and demands 5000bt for a glas i broke. Sorry Ian but here you are wrong.

As for calling a bar girl a bitch unprovoced. that is just bad maners. But hardly worth going to court about.

The case will get tossed if it ever gets to court. Attempting to obtain 5000 baht for a glass which is valued at 10 baht or less is considered unjust. She will lose on that and the trading of insults will be dismissed if you remain polite and calm throughout the process. One tip, from here on in, dress in neat clean clothes and remain calm. The BG doesn't have the wherewithal to see the case through. You can always counter sue for extortion and defamation.

It`s all a big bluff. They are playing on your fears.

The nice policeman is probably her pimp or a relative.

You actually put yourself on the hook by admitting that you swore at the bargirl. Your best defence is to not admit or say anything.

I would just offer to pay for the broken glass and if they are not content with that, tell them to do they`re worst. Believe me this will never go to court.

post-110219-0-36892100-1298986341_thumb.

You actually put yourself on the hook by admitting that you swore at the bargirl. Your best defence is to not admit or say anything.

I would like to add that if you haven't already made some kind of official statement then make no admission at all apart from breaking the glass.

I would like to add that if you haven't already made some kind of official statement then make no admission at all apart from breaking the glass.

No have not put anything in writing as yet the lady lawyer there advised me to file charges against her for calling me a Kwai to even the score but have not done anything official as yet but I guess they will want a statement at some point.

I cant really see it going far but who knows this is Thailand and strange things have happened LOL

Have to say the Police and Lady Lawyer were on my side as they saw I apologized 3 times to her but she was having none of it and after she left they said she is not being reasonable, at no time was the cops asking me to pay anything she told the lawyer she wanted 15000 the lawyer told me I said no way for what a glass Im willing to pay for the glass but not 5000 or 15000.

Edited by DiamondKing

I would just offer to pay for the broken glass and if they are not content with that, tell them to do they`re worst. Believe me this will never go to court.

Have a feeling this will not make court...and a p*ss poor attempt at extortion I might add....maybe her relatives own jet ski's and she has been taking lessons from them...:rolleyes:

May I suggest you lay counter charges for her calling you a Kwai and put a price of THB 50,000 on it for causing you emotional distress and slander you may find this goes away quicker than you think...:D

My first thought was the bar is owned or co owned by a BiB.

If they come up with '' witnesses '' that you were throwing chairs around then a problem. ;)

If they come up with '' witnesses '' that you were throwing chairs around then a problem. ;)

Nope no chairs were thrown LOL and she bought the whole bargirls with her to the Police station must of been 10 of them there as her witnesses that I called her a name the glass really is not the problem she is more pissed that I called her a bitch

Nope no chairs were thrown LOL and she bought the whole bargirls with her to the Police station must of been 10 of them there as her witnesses that I called her a name the glass really is not the problem she is more pissed that I called her a bitch

OH, faced with reality was a problem for her. English must have been good to understand the word, probably been called it a few times eh. :)

Lay a counter charge, play the game.....Bitch is worth 15k...Kwaai worth THB 50k

2.) I spent this afternoon in the Police station and the charges I am told are already filed by HER, (not the Police) I received a registered summons to the Police station and the meeting today was to try and clear it however my apologies were not accepted and she refused to withdraw the charge and it will now proceed to the next step whatever that is. I specifically asked what is it for and was told for calling her a F bitch and the lady lawyer that works at the Police station told me the charges are already laid and will now go forward to be processed since she did not accept my apolgies.

3.) there is more to the story but nothing juicy or anything that I did other than I break a glass and then after her calling me a Kwai and demanding 5000 baht that is when I called her a Bitch nothing else to it although I realize it sounds strange LOL the whole thing is strange to me lol

I also cant beleive that charges would be filed just for calling her a name but I was not imagining being in the Police station several time and being specifically told its for calling her a Bitch

Dk

Make up your mind a "Bitch or a F-Bitch"!

Dk

Make up your mind a "Bitch or a F-Bitch"!

We could have a poll. :D

Do not lay any counter charges against the bar girl and save yourself a truck full of cash in lawyers fees. The lawyer is looking for an earner playing on your fears.

As I said; offer to pay for the glass, say nothing, admit to nothing, do not make any signed statements, except that you accidentaly broke a glass. And make sure you understand anything fully whatever you sign.

That`s my advice for what it`s worth.

Do not lay any counter charges against the bar girl and save yourself a truck full of cash in lawyers fees. The lawyer is looking for an earner playing on your fears.

As I said; offer to pay for the glass, say nothing, admit to nothing, do not make any signed statements, except that you accidentaly broke a glass. And make sure you understand anything fully whatever you sign.

That`s my advice for what it`s worth.

I was trying to find similar cases and came across the Simon Burrowes case where he swore at Immigration officials using the F word and once he got to court he got fined 500 baht so I guess you do go to court for calling someone names and get fined and after reading his case it almost seem the correct thing to do is just admit it say sorry and pay the fine the court imposes rather than fight something that seems like it would be a way more costlier thing to do.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/04/29/of-an-embassy-and-brits-in-the-sht-part-11-the-sequel/

There is a lot of difference between a 'bar girl' and an immigration official. An immigration official is a person of high standing whereas a bar girl will be regarded as quite low down the pecking order here.

I suggest you engage brain before attitude next time. You are lucky that you did not utter that kind of language to more intolerant locals with a shorter fuse. Calling someone a bitch is not going to win you any friends in Thailand even if it's acceptable at home. They already put up with a lot of rude and disrespectful farangs; don't add yourself to the blacklist. Just because you spend money in Thailand does not mean you are entitled to behave like a jerk. When in dispute with the locals, try to be diplomatic. Being aggressive is not going to help your situation. On the contrary, it might lead to more serious consequences. It never ceases to amaze me how some people simply don't know how to behave in a foreign country.