Car Death Crash,

Lickey

A very close neighbour, her BF, her daughter and her friend were in a car that the driver lost control on some twisty roads between Namsom and Ban Phu monday night, the driver and mum have been given a 50/50 chance of living, both have bad head injuries, daughters friend has broken legs, the 15yo daughter died at the scene,

We all know its normal for a next day cremation, but in this case, will the daughter be put on ice [so to speak] till mums condition is known, whether she can attend the fire or not, my Mrs isnt sure about this, does anybody know?

Thankyou, Lickey.

The story as I am told, is they will wait to see what the mothers outcome is. Final goodbyes and physically seeing the corpse considered important, especially for close family and most so for mother. There was something to do with the animism beliefs as well and no-one wanting to take responibility without parental approval, but I'm not sure how the spirits fit in. Hope that helps.

IA

Thanks IA, that was what i was hoping,, seems like mum took a few steps today so is on the way to recovery hopefully. driver is on a life support machine, the other girl has a broken spine,

Exchange, i sent you e-mail,

Thanks for all your input, Lickey.

Our nephew was killed on his motorbike in December 2009 .

My wife told me that due to the nature of his death ( ie untimely/ accident / before his time ) and his age (15 years) that he would not be cremated straight away .

His body was taken to the local wat where it is now entombed in concrete.

My father in law died last year and he was cremated but not for 4 days after he died , this year we hare having a memorial celebration for them to raise money for the wat, then my father in laws remains will be put int a shrine either in the wats wall or in the grounds next to the wall.

Its all a bit confusing to me but it seems that young people are not always cremated straight away,

From what I understand through the wife is that once we have had the memorial party for the father in law and our nephew they will then exhume his body from the concrete and then cremate the remains.

It seems the memorial party will cost around 100,000 baht and all the revelers are asked for donations and then the donations are given to the wat.

Last year we attended one and there was around 1,500 people there so if they all donated 20 baht then they would have raised around 300,000 baht.

I actually think its a very nice way to send someone off and remember them while at the same time raising money for the local temple and monks.