Dreams Of The Past (before Living In Los)

richard10365

Everyone has their reasons for moving to Thailand. Once here, I think most find it very peaceful and relaxing.

Before a person comes here they have a different and sometimes stressful life. Now things are different and life is simple and easy.

With this peaceful life, do you find your mind seeming to unwind at night and dream about your former life from where ever you came from?

Or, is it just me needing to seek professional help... :o

I do not miss much from my previous life in SE USA. Do not miss rude, crude, stupid and arrogant rednecks (and others) flipping me the finger everyday in traffic. The first answer to a request for something is to give you all the reasons why they can't do it and of course the women will tell you all the reasons why you are not good enough for them. Don't miss the crime and fixation with chemical substances (drugs) both legal and illegal. I woud only need a shrink if I were to go back to my former life. Then I would need to determine why I was not happy - Answer move to Thailand!! If you have enough money to live in LOS, I think it is about as good as it gets in many respects.

I've lived in Thailand for nearly 17 years, graduated from Uni in 1988 and every once in a while I still dream that I never really graduated; that I have to go back to take exams so I can get my diploma but of course, I have been out of school for 17 years and haven't read any of the books or written any of the papers. Recurring exam dreams! At my age!

I do dream I am in Thailand too, sometimes even speaking Thai with someone, but the really vivid dreams tend to have people from my past in them.

When I have a dream it's usually a nightmare, suffered from night terrors since I was little.

Funny you say that, I have night terrors too, but they started when I was around 24. It usually happens when I am physically exhausted. I think my body falls asleep but my brain is still awake. I am asleep but I am in my room (my husband says often my eyes are open) and I see people in my room, sometimes animals (usually a cat). It is not a dream room but my actual physical bedroom. I'll see someone standing at the door, looking in the window etc. Usually it scares the heck out of me, I scream, then scare the heck out of my husband. I have learned to control them a bit better so that when it happens I don't usually scream but I do leap out of bed to confront the bugger. My husband says don't tell anyone as they will be sure I am seeing ghosts. I suspect it is repressed fear from when I was a teenager and had a persistent peeping-tom. I cannot sleep if the curtains are open, for example.

And yes, it happens when I go back to the US to visit too. Certainly gets my adrenalin pumping (and usually my husband's too!)

When I have a dream it's usually a nightmare, suffered from night terrors since I was little.

Funny you say that, I have night terrors too, but they started when I was around 24. It usually happens when I am physically exhausted. I think my body falls asleep but my brain is still awake. I am asleep but I am in my room (my husband says often my eyes are open) and I see people in my room, sometimes animals (usually a cat). It is not a dream room but my actual physical bedroom. I'll see someone standing at the door, looking in the window etc. Usually it scares the heck out of me, I scream, then scare the heck out of my husband. I have learned to control them a bit better so that when it happens I don't usually scream but I do leap out of bed to confront the bugger. My husband says don't tell anyone as they will be sure I am seeing ghosts. I suspect it is repressed fear from when I was a teenager and had a persistent peeping-tom. I cannot sleep if the curtains are open, for example.

And yes, it happens when I go back to the US to visit too. Certainly gets my adrenalin pumping (and usually my husband's too!)

When I sleep I'm a walker and a talker. I talk in my sleep and sometimes sleepwalk. I dream about situations in which I'm confronted with my phobias I usually sleepwalk to try and get away from whatever is scaring me, and when I talk it's usually "Leave me alone" or "Go away" sometimes it's mixed up bable though. I'm not sure if this will stop when I'm older or not, I hope so.

Mine has gotten better, I have learned to recognize that it isn't real and that has helped. What you need to do is something to help you wake up and realize that it is just a dream.

Scary enough dream stories for you Richard? :o

I think the increased dreaming is directly proportional to the decrease in stress that allows my mind to process things it has never delt with.

I rarely remember my dreams. My biggest problem here is hassling with my Thai girlfriend and her family nonsense, etc, etc. Be careful about selecting a lady here. I think that can bring the most problems of enjoying life here, as in any country.