Ipad 1 Is Discounted Bt 3000 / $100 On All Models In Thailand

muratremix

I visited Fotofile / Canon in MBK today but they didn't have 16gb 3g version, but seller tried to tell me 3000 baht discounted from list price. Then I went to Pantip, iStudio had all type of iPads in stock and again 3000 baht lower than list price, plus VAT refund for me YAY!

I bought 16Gb 3G version for 16.900 baht and case, screen protector for extra 2340 baht. I paid with my credit card without any commission. I expect iPad 2 to come to Thailand in next 3-6 months which I can't wait.

Once the Ipad 2 starts to turn up there'll be a huge market of second hand Ipad 1's... also keep in mind they expect Ipad 3 in the fall. It may be 3-6 months before Ipod 2 is officially launched in Thailand but expect to see gray imports within a week or two.

Grey imports are more expensive when it comes to new products.

ipad 16 wifi was around 20.000 bahts before its officially distributed in Thailand. 15.900 vs 20,XXX great difference.

12,900 for 16 wifi version definately good price for budget tablet buyers.

Once the Ipad 2 starts to turn up there'll be a huge market of second hand Ipad 1's...

Why? People who have the 1st gen are not necessarily going to upgrade for a camera and a faster processor. I guess all the grey import shops will now try to dump their 1st gen devices, but Apple's set the price for that too so no big surprises there, and the fact that the iPad 2 was coming at this time is also no surprise - everyone expected that. So... wishful thinking, IMO - at 12.9k baht the iPad 1 looks like a pretty great deal, actually.

With 4.3 which will be released on Friday, you can hotspot to an Iphone 4. Otherwise, get a 3g. In an earlier post I recommended the 3g, because you will not always have wifi, will you? 100 baht for 30 hours with AIS 12call internet. There when you need it, there when you don´t.

Once the Ipad 2 starts to turn up there'll be a huge market of second hand Ipad 1's...

Why? People who have the 1st gen are not necessarily going to upgrade for a camera and a faster processor. I guess all the grey import shops will now try to dump their 1st gen devices, but Apple's set the price for that too so no big surprises there, and the fact that the iPad 2 was coming at this time is also no surprise - everyone expected that. So... wishful thinking, IMO - at 12.9k baht the iPad 1 looks like a pretty great deal, actually.

In addition to cam and faster processor, also there is more memory available. This alone is enough for me to upgrade. Also now has internal GPS.

Anyway .... we will see.

I think same same people unloading iPhone 3 when they finally can get their iPhone 4 ... and lots of good used cheap iPad Gen 1 will be available.

Edited by rogerdee123