Farangs And Thai Girls

SiamOne

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” – This line rings true in many ways in regard to this thread.

Many of the younger Thai ladies with the old farangs are Issan ladies - and many of the upper crust Thai find them less than attractive (much less). But the old farang can hardly believe his luck in finding such a “beauty”.

So maybe all those very attractive ladies aren’t so attractive after all – or are they? :o:D

Before I get bashed for comments about Issan women being unattractive let it be known that my wife is from Issan (she is only five years younger than me) - and I find her quite attractive.

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” – This line rings true in many ways in regard to this thread. 

Many of the younger Thai ladies with the old farangs are Issan ladies

This is true. You don't see many "upper crust" Thai men with Isaan women. Maybe western men are actually less shallow and class concious than their Thai counterparts.

cv

I doubt it is that Westerners aren't class conscious but the ones marrying Isaan girls don't even realize that it matters. I certainly didn't realize that by marrying a Southern Thai boy I was marrying someone that everyone was afraid of (all Southern Thai men are stone cold killers, of course). Westerners have different definitions of classes, sometimes based on region or economics, or education. As a single girl would I have been interested in a red-neck Texan with a high school degree (for example)? Probably not. Does that make me a snob? No, it just makes me interested in the region/education level that I am familiar and comfortable with.

Or, maybe it does, a bit :o

Thai men marry only girls that are on the same social level. Of course they prefer beautiful girls but the pressure by their family is so hard that they can have a beautyful poor girl with no education only as a mia neuw. Everybody want their partners to be rich, famous and beautiful but farangs think that girls' beauty compensate missing features. You can't always have it all. Thais ignore girls' looks if necessary, farangs ignore girls poverty and missing education.

Thai men marry only girls that are on the same social level. Of course they prefer beautiful girls but the pressure by their family is so hard that they can have a beautyful poor girl with no education only as a mia neuw. Everybody want their partners to be rich, famous and beautiful but farangs think that girls' beauty compensate missing features. You can't always have it all. Thais ignore girls' looks if necessary, farangs ignore girls poverty and missing education.

I think most societies do that- marry on the same social level. It is only when the marriage is inter-racial that class and position do not really come into the equation.

That is probably a plus for inter-racial marriages!!!

I think most societies do that- marry on the same social level. It is only when the marriage is inter-racial that class and position do not really come into the equation.

That is probably a plus for inter-racial marriages!!!

Actually, I disagree, I have found, at least with the farang women, Thai men relationships the most successful ones have been between people of a similar education and class. But then maybe farang women are more picky :o

Thai men marry only girls that are on the same social level. Of course they prefer beautiful girls but the pressure by their family is so hard that they can have a beautyful poor girl with no education only as a mia neuw.

It's not just pressure from the family, it's often pressure from the common sense/logic side of one's brain.

:o

IMO, a person should just try to marry who they love and want to be with for the rest of their life.  Society and class distinction are relic thought processes.  Screw what anyone else thinks, it's your life!

I agree but in Thailand doing this has financial implications for which some farang are not equipped to entertain.

Marrying a girl from a poor background comes with overheads. If you can afford the overheads then great. problems appear to arise for the farang of modest incomes such as myself, the OP and the guy on here who was bashed by is farang neighbour etc etc

Many of the younger Thai ladies with the old farangs are Issan ladies - and many of the upper crust Thai find them less than attractive (much less).  But the old farang can hardly believe his luck in finding such a “beauty”.

So maybe all those very attractive ladies aren’t so attractive after all – or are they?    :o  :D 

Before I get bashed for comments about Issan women being unattractive let it be known that my wife is from Issan (she is only five years younger than me) - and I find her quite attractive.

Most "upper crust" thais have chinese ancestry, after 5 million chinese "invading" Thailand over 100 years ago, and therefore look unfavourably on Isaan girls who have more khmer looks. I personally don't find chinese features very attractive, but as said it's in the eye of the beholder. :D

Generally the social climbers can have their equal social standing girl to themselves. What do you get, ugly girls with attitude or cute girls with attitude.

In life we generally want what we either cannot have, or what is on the other side of the fence.

In Australia and other white western countries, we love the tanned golden girls. Everyone wants the body with the golden glow to it.

We come here and they are everywhere and we are happy as pigs in shit.

The asians that look accross the fence, they see the white skin and find that attractive, the opposite to us but same principle.

I have been living here a while and always loved golden skin and black skin. Now having that for so many years, the stupid thing happens and I find myself looking at the whiter skinned asians a lot. Silly really as my preferance is still for the golden colour.

The Thai Isaan thing is simply racist and short sighted, how many dark skin politicians do you see, plenty. How many dark skin people driving mercs, plenty. Yet the bigotry labels a whole race of local thai people lower class. Some of the cutest grils in Thailand come from this area and leave the whiter skin darlings for dead.

Dont forget the reason why Thais find the dark skin so offensive and the white skin so pleasing, simply they believe the dark skin is dirty. look at the way they think of black skin people and indians etc etc.

I find myself liking what I like, I have no time for people who think they are better than everyone else. You can like one thing and not another, but to think you are better because of your skin colour or social standing is ultimately showing that you really have no class to start with.

but to think you are better because of your skin colour or social standing is ultimately showing that you really have no class to start with.

I think most of the people having a quite high social standing think that they are better than the mob. Maybe your social standing has little to do with whether you're good or bad but I agree that skin colour has nothing to do with it.

but to think you are better because of your skin colour or social standing is ultimately showing that you really have no class to start with.

I think most of the people having a quite high social standing think that they are better than the mob. Maybe your social standing has little to do with whether you're good or bad but I agree that skin colour has nothing to do with it.

as someone of high social standing, I have to inform you that we do not think about class or lower people at all. Therefore we do not consider ourselves better than the "hoi polloi".

This is not the same subject really!!

When I see a farang guy with a Thai girl/woman, the girl is usually very attractive, the guy not necessarily.

I just wonder why this is. Do farang men base their choice of partner on looks alone, and maybe something else later, like character?

In this forum, Thai girls have been lambasted (good eh?) for being money oriented and shallow. Well, maybe the farang men deserve them, for being skin-deep beauty oriented, also shallow.

what do you make of this?

If you are going to buy something it may as well look good. If she were buying the Farang she could choose someone better looking.

look at the way they think of black skin people and indians etc etc.

well, one time some bargirl came running to me because a white tourist farang wanted to sleep with her and she ran to me to try to check her out instead. I declined since I have a girlfriend.

One time there was a girl I saw say to some fat British guy, "I like your skin, I don't like mine". The same girl both previously and afterwards put her arms next to mine and said, "we same, same....good".

They are just telling everybody what they think we wanna hear. I have many stories about girls telling me they prefer the Africanos whlie you all have stories about how they think white is beautiful. All in all, they have secret Thai boyfriends they supposedly dis-please. But for me, they tell a lie, I tell a lie, then we compliment each other on our lies. It's a game and I will not lose. Now I wait for chinabot's response.

as someone of high social standing, I have to inform you that we do not think about class or lower people at all. Therefore we do not consider ourselves better than the "hoi polloi".

Siamone, I have to say that time after time you make me laugh out loud.

I recenlty expressed a passing interest in a girl who was dining amongst a group of friends. I enquired to one of her assocaites for soe back ground info on her.

I was politley advised that she would not be interested in me as I was of lower social standing than her.

It turns out that this lady has attained so called "Hi So" status because she has her own business selling machines that purify water to farangs. she has bought a two million baht house and a new honda city for herself on credit from the 40,000 baht she earns each month.

Well as you can imagine i nearly choked on my food.

Can you tell me why Thai people seem to think that class can be bought with a couple of million baht?

I come from England, a place where class cannot be bought, lottery winners who have 75 million baht in the bank will always be the same class that they were born into. They will always be looked down on by the righteous high society because in the west high society is a private club for those with status that cannot be purchased into.

I am working class, born and bred. 40,000 baht is a good night out where I come from. I dont claim to be something I am not, why do Thai people?

I am working class, born and bred. 40,000 baht is a good night out where I come from. I dont claim to be something I am not, why do Thai people?

Working class and $1k for a night out! :o

You are living LARGE my friend...

That is interesting, because from what I have noticed, people of a higher social status (or perceived higher social status) tend to treat the lower down ones in very poor manner. One of our staff has worked at quite a few bungalows and prefers to work for us because we treat her like a human being. Previous employers would not even eat with their staff.

Siamone, I think you may not be this way but I really beg to differ that most Thais are not this way as I have seen it time and again with my own eyes.

I come from England, a place where class cannot be bought, lottery winners who have 75 million baht in the bank will always be the same class that they were born into. They will always be looked down on by the righteous high society because in the west high society is a private club for those with status that cannot be purchased into.

I come from Finland and here if you study hard and you succeed in your work you can upgrade your social standing no matter how poor and working class family you came from. I think there are less privileged people and private clubs in Finland than in England and I think it's good. I'm very glad that there is no "righteous high society" in Finland.

Funny, anyone who thinks they are better than someone else because of either their breeding or their financial status is just waiting for their pretencious bubble to burst. Unfortunately many do not.

Down to earth is the way to be, realistic and respect for any class, no matter how hoity toity you are.

Here is a little example of how Thais and many Asians in fact think. I was looking at some real estate to purchase, one man told me of a suitable premise and said he would take me to the owner. But he said, you had better not come dressed like that, I had on jeans, a nice shirt and sandals. He said, you had better wear something much classier and wear some gold, do you have a gold watch, chain and some rings you can wear. He said, it does not matter if you do not have one baht in your pocket, as long as you look like you do, then this man will talk to you.

I told him to stick his friend up his arse.

Funny, anyone who thinks they are better than someone else because of either their breeding or their financial status is just waiting for their pretencious bubble to burst. Unfortunately many do not.

I told him to stick his friend up his arse.

I say, Old Bean, that was a Tad uncouth of you :o:D:D My Grand Mama, Grand Papa, Mater and Pater always say to me, we should never look down on you poor fellows but treat you more like a lower equal :D:D:D

Here is another little example for your black ass to comprehend.

Chill out Jackjack, it was a joke, did you not see the "Smiley's". I'm a normal working Geezer my self, almost down to my last £1million now :o Joke again :D If you Aussies think that anyone in the UK still talks like something out of a 1950's movie...well :D

As for your Racist comment on the colour of my Ass, I'm not Black by the way but what <deleted> would it matter if I was.

Here is another little example for your black ass to comprehend.

Chill out Jackjack, it was a joke, did you not see the "Smiley's". I'm a normal working Geezer my self, almost down to my last £1million now :o Joke again :D If you Aussies think that anyone in the UK still talks like something out of a 1950's movie...well :D

As for your Racist comment on the colour of my Ass, I'm not Black by the way but what <deleted> would it matter if I was.

It's OK MrBo, jackjack seems to like the words ass, or arse. He uses them all the time, is fascinated by them. I suppose he thought that with your name you must be black, hence your arse too.

Mind you, with his name, he should worry what other people think about him!! :D