Phuket - Bangkok Flight

Klaasvaak

Dear all,

I know this question has been asked plenty times before, but im still insecure for our tripdetails.

We are looking to stay a few days in phuket

our flight to beijing leaves at 01.00am, the last flight from phuket to bangkok with airasia arrives at 22.20 PM

This means we have a transfer time of 2.40 hours.

Other option is with bangkok air, but it's a bit expensiver then airasia and we will have to wait 4.30 hours, a lot longer!

Please advise

Thanks in advance.

I think you will find bangkok airways have a flight leaves Phuket at 22.30,price at the moment aprox 2300 bht,you can put your baggage on at airport and it can go direct o your final destination,no extra payment for baggage under 25 kilos,hope this helps you :annoyed:

I think you will find bangkok airways have a flight leaves Phuket at 22.30,price at the moment aprox 2300 bht,you can put your baggage on at airport and it can go direct o your final destination,no extra payment for baggage under 25 kilos,hope this helps you :annoyed:

2300 bht? not in august :P

I would not recommend air asia for connecting flight, certainly not their last flight of the day.

I've never had any problems with Air Asia and I use them regularly for domestic and international travel. However, that transfer time would need to be at least 30 minutes to an hour longer for me to feel comfortable. I would take the chance if it was really important, but not just to save a few quid.

I would not recommend air asia for connecting flight, certainly not their last flight of the day.

I've never had any problems with Air Asia and I use them regularly for domestic and international travel. However, that transfer time would need to be at least 30 minutes to an hour longer for me to feel comfortable. I would take the chance if it was really important, but not just to save a few quid.

I have had problems with cancelled flights or delayed flights. Especially with Thai Airways there will be solutions.

You should look at baggage allowance as well as time of flights and price. You may end up paying twice the price depending on how much your baggage weighs. Just something to consider, as I have no idea how much you have... I usually use Thai Airlines for that reason. I can check my bags in Phuket and never touch them again until I reach San Francisco and get full international baggage allowance. It would depend on your connecting international carrier of course. I fly China Airlines through Taipei. I think the rule of thumb is about 2 hours before an international flight for your check in. It's always better to be early, rather than late!

I travelled HKT/BKK 36 times in a year and the first 15 flights with Air Asia --- they were more than 40 minutes late 10 out of the 15. I switched to BangkokAirways after that they were late more than 40 minutes ONCE in 21 flights (mechanical failure and I was traveling with a dog so they switched me to Thai)

I'd do Bangkok Air or Thai with at least 3 hours to connect to an international flight.