Quick And Easy Visa Question

Apologies up front because I know this has been covered before, but my current (temporary) 'net connection is extremely slow and difficult to search (keeps timing out). A friend has a month to run on his 'O' multi-entry and wants to know if he can get a new 12 month 'O' multi in KL or Singapore and not have to go back to Australia. He has a business here and only opened a bank account recently, so does not qualify for reitrement or marriage visa.

He owns a business but his wife runs it - doesn't need a WP.

E: Correction - business is in his wife's name. Can anyone give a definitive answer - don't want to muck him around.

Edited by Ping

If he has a Thai waife and is legally married at the amphur he can get an extension of stay if he can show:

400,000 baht for 2 months in a bank account ifn his name

OR

an income of 40,000 a month (can be from abroad)

If he has the money in the bank in thailand but not long enough, he can get a 60 day extension of stay from immigraiton and at the end of that apply for the 1 year extension. The 60 day extension doesn't require money in the bank or income.

Since he is married he can go to KL an receive a multi O good for 15 months based on marriage. He needs to only show 100k baht in a Thai account (no time), marriage certificate original and copy of his bank passbook or ATM receipt. Copy of wife's ID and house book and copy of his passport. Cost of visa at the Thai embassy in KL 5000 baht. I'm going down on the March 13th.

Check out this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/388011-just-came-back-from-kl/page__pid__3789284#entry3789284

Edited by gotlost

I understand that you can get a multi-O in KL with a wife and 100k in the bank, things change all the time so it would be wise to contact the embassy to prevent a wasted trip.

He could extend in-country if he has 400k in the bank or an income of 40k per month.