Personal Income Tax For Freelance Consultant

Hello everybody,I am going to negotiate a contract as freelance project coordinator in Thailand very soon.The contract will last 6 months or more.I had a look at the Revenue Dptm. and Thai-visa.com Websites in order to get more information but it is still unclear to me due to the category (as individual taz payer) should apply.Based on your experience may I consider my future position regarded as “liberal profession” under Section 40 (6) of the revenue code?My job is a sort of Corporate IT advisory services but let me know if you need more details,Any support from your side will be very important to me.All the best.

You most likely would fall under the General Taxable rate 40(2) as 40(8) is for the owner of a business and 40(6) is for freelancers as specified in the list, your job description would not seem to fall under that rate.

You need to ensure that your employer has applied for a work permit, there the salary rate would be given. The tax to be paid is between your employer and you, they may agree that you would be paid 100,000 Baht net per month (for example) and then the employer would file with the Revenue Department and Social funds.