Visa Change And Work Permit Cancellation

Please, anyone with any helpful information please post or contact me.

NEED TO CHANGE MY VISA FROM ONE YEAR B TO EDUCATION VISA AND CANCEL MY WORKPERMIT.

As I am soon leaving my employment, wish to remain in Thailand and learn thai at school I need to change visas.

I have found that as most people desire what I want to cancel, there is very little know how on this topic.

I have the School documents ready to go, I intend to go to KL Thai Embassy.

From what "speculation" I have found, the best info I have to date is this:

I go IMI office and cancel my Visa and then have 24 hrs to exit LOS (so have to buy more expensive last min flights)

Also have to go to the Labour Dept to cancel my work permit (yes, taxes have all been paid.)

Why the heck I cant do this change of Visa without departing LOS is beyond me, I even picked up a "transfer of visa form"

from IMI office, which seems to be of no use....

I will go back to imi and try to obtain some clearer info, but as we all know.. nothing is a "rule" here and this

can make things difficult for us. This forum is a great help, and although there is some non valid info posted, either by

accident or otherwise, we should appreciate the efforts of the critics which have more experience and filter out the not so

valid info, so a great appreciation of this site and the time and effort of all you who help out, wishing you all a great day!

THANK YOU!!

Edited by Lite Beer
E Mail removed.

You have the option to extend your departure for 7 days if you pay 1,900 baht if that would help flight costs.

I suspect the school documents for extension are different than for issue of visa so not sure immigration could accept. But no personal knowledge of this.

You could also save money by flying to Hat Yai and using bus/train from there. Or using bus/train for entire journey. It would seem time was not critical so might be a pleasant change.