Guinness

uptheos

I looked at O'Malley's website and this is what it said regarding St Patricks day.

ST PATRICK'S DAY: O'Malley's is famous for its' St. Patrick's Day Celebration every March 17th. If you are lucky enough to be in town that day be sure to come in and enjoy a traditional Irish "pissup" bantering with the locals and visiting travelers until late in the evening. Don't forget to wear your green!!

Seems like the only authentic Irish pub/bar so far.....I hope a few more Irish places come forward.......there must be Irish owned bars.

Edited by uptheos

I've drank guinness all over the place and it's the best in Ireland.

This is because (apparently as somebody who worked for Guiness in Dublin told me) it doesn't travel well, i'm not sure exactly what this means. Also your pipes should be cleaned at night and there's a pub in Ireland which serves the best Guiness which keep the kegs in a chilled environment.

So any landlords serving a pint of Guiness an St Patricks, make sure you get cleaning your pipes!

Thats why Pattaya has great Guinness .The Landlords are always cleaning out their pipes . :D

Seems like the only authentic Irish pub/bar so far.....I hope a few more Irish places come forward.......there must be Irish owned bars.

I miss the Laughing Leprechaun. :(

Indeed - The Laughing Leprechaun was a really good Irish bar right in the middle of town.

I can't say if their Guinness was good or not as I don't drink the stuff, but it did have a uniquely Irish atmosphere and served pretty good food too.......the sort of place that would be most suitable for a good St Patrick's day bash.

Probably o malleys for a few hours, and then just around town. Don't think it is that big a deal in Chiang Mai as their doesn't seem to be a big Irish ex-pat community or maybe most live outside the city. Say the 19th for the rugby will be a bigger day out.

Those of you who like a pint of the black stuff may well find yourselves disappointed come St. Patrick's Day. CD Supply who are the local distributers of Guinness have run out and say there is none left in Thailand. The new supply is still on the high seas with an estimated arrival date in Chiang Mai of 20th March. We at The Olde Bell, along with all the other places that noramlly serve Guinness, are desperately trying to locate a barrel or two, in our case without luck so far. The troulbes in the Middle East and thus shipping problems associated with the Suez Canal are being cited.

The posts above are accurate: after Diethelm were ejected by Guinness last year the supply changed from KL to Dublin. So we now have genuine Liffey Water

St. Patrick' Day will of course go ahead! We at The Bell will have Irish Stew, Jameson's, Bailey's, Irish Cocktails and a medley of fine Irish songs as we always do- but it just wont be the same without Guinness!! Maybe a few barrels will miraculously appear. With the luck of the Irish you never know!!

Those of you who like a pint of the black stuff may well find yourselves disappointed come St. Patrick's Day. CD Supply who are the local distributers of Guinness have run out and say there is none left in Thailand. The new supply is still on the high seas with an estimated arrival date in Chiang Mai of 20th March. We at The Olde Bell, along with all the other places that noramlly serve Guinness, are desperately trying to locate a barrel or two, in our case without luck so far. The troulbes in the Middle East and thus shipping problems associated with the Suez Canal are being cited.

The posts above are accurate: after Diethelm were ejected by Guinness last year the supply changed from KL to Dublin. So we now have genuine Liffey Water

St. Patrick' Day will of course go ahead! We at The Bell will have Irish Stew, Jameson's, Bailey's, Irish Cocktails and a medley of fine Irish songs as we always do- but it just wont be the same without Guinness!! Maybe a few barrels will miraculously appear. With the luck of the Irish you never know!!

How about the draft cans of Guinness, they're quite nice but none of the supermarkets seem to have them. Where can I get some?