Alternative To Sophon Cable Tv

seefah

We use very little of the Sophon Cable channels and are looking for an alternative, and if cheaper than the current 500 Baht / month then great, but cost is not the main priority.

The problem is that although we are in the beach side of the city, the area we live in is apparently designated Sophon Cable only.

So what alternatives could I go for?

Currently, most used channels are the Thai national channels, Kids channels, Aussie Network, Aljazeera and BBC news channels. Occasionally others.

I had thought of getting another cable provider, maybe Banglamung Cable, but apparently they cannot, reason as above. Maybe a satellite dish might be the answer, and/or terrestrial television antenna in the roof space with a switch to go between national channels and something else.

Maybe someone has been in the same situation, what did you do?

500 Baht a month for Sophon Cable?

I pay 1,500 Baht a year.

1500 Baht is a great deal, how did you manage that ? I pay 1800 baht every 6 months and have done for the past 8 years.

OP - pop into the Sophon office and have a word about the price of your payments. Maybe they will do you a better deal.

I'm not too sure of the other options but beware of some of the once only payment satellite deals. Sophon seems to be the best of the bunch for the price.

Edited by DMC1

500 Baht a month for Sophon Cable?

I pay 1,500 Baht a year.

Only 1,500 Baht a year! Honestly?

Why would it be so cheap for you yet I have just short of 500 Baht per month. There must be something different?

What an appropriate avatar for such a post :lol:

Edited by seefah

I'm not sure how much they charge if you pay month-by-month, I guess it could be as much as 500 baht/month.

If you prepay for 6 months the cost is 1,800 baht, so you might want to consider that to save some money.

You surely don't get cable directly from Sophon for 1,500/year, but perhaps the poster is in a condo that has made a special bulk agreement with Sophon or something like that.

I'm not sure how much they charge if you pay month-by-month, I guess it could be as much as 500 baht/month.

If you prepay for 6 months the cost is 1,800 baht, so you might want to consider that to save some money.

You surely don't get cable directly from Sophon for 1,500/year, but perhaps the poster is in a condo that has made a special bulk agreement with Sophon or something like that.

You could be right Phil, I am indeed in a condo and we're all charged 1,500 Baht a year.

You could be right Phil, I am indeed in a condo and we're all charged 1,500 Baht a year.

Indeed the rate is 1,800 for 6 months. I actually watch 4 channels only. BBC News on rare occasion, Al Jazeera for a different flavor but good journalists, Fox News for pure laughs and yelling at my TV, and Universal sometimes for old Law and Order episodes. Other than that, Rapidshare does it all for me!