Why Do Thai's Pick An Ugly Miss Thailand?

NiceFarang

It really amazes and astounds me who they pick as winners of Miss Thailand.

The one I saw on TV tonight is just plain ugly.

Killai Mak ching ching.

They seem to want to pick a girl who has western type features - big nose with bridge etc.. The one just won also has a chin that sticks out like Jimmy Hill (if your from UK you will know who I mean).

I get worked up with Thai people who think that Western is good, lew kung better, white skin better etc etc...

I have lew kung children and I love them and think they are cute as ###### cause they are my kids Thais think they are suai & narak mak mak mak mak and to be honest I see 100's of Thai kids that are more cute.

I watched the Miss Thailand with my wife and got so worked up at the end and I said I got to go and write about this on a forum.

Be interesting to hear other opinions.

Chok Dee.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really amazes and astounds me who they pick as winners of Miss Thailand.

The one I saw on TV tonight is just plain ugly.

Killai Mak ching ching.

They seem to want to pick a girl who has western type features - big nose with bridge etc.. The one just won also has a chin that sticks out like Jimmy Hill (if your from UK you will know who I mean).

I get worked up with Thai people who think that Western is good, lew kung better, white skin better etc etc...

I have lew kung children and I love them and think they are cute as ###### cause they are my kids Thais think they are suai & narak mak mak mak mak and to be honest I see 100's of Thai kids that are more cute.

I watched the Miss Thailand with my wife and got so worked up at the end and I said I got to go and write about this on a forum.

Be interesting to hear other opinions.

Chok Dee.

Maybe she just wanted you out of the house .... just kidding !

But from i read in TH forum 80% of them said , Miss TH world look ugly and look like Katheoy ..for me i have no idea

A3737423-16.jpg

Angie is compared with Miss Norway (luk krueng also) ..Helen who just joined in Miss Universe b4 ...and seem Norway will send her to Miss World peagent contest again

A3737423-6.jpg

QUOTE(britmaveric @ 2005-09-14 22:45:55)

I do believe its rather insulting picking someone who doesnt even speak thai.

Or even from Thailand for that matter. It does seem a bit dubious but if it's not a problem for the folks who make the rules... cool.gif

Hear here!

Why is it allowed? I sat cringing watching a talk show on telly last night. The host had to help her talk very simpleThai.

The runner-up too was a look kreung from Denmark, but at least she could speak Thai, but she was also so average looking. I felt sorry for the 2nd runner up who was actually Thai. She seemed embarrassed as she couldn't speak good English, why the ###### should she?

Angela McKay (18th February 2004) Vivien's Models Management in Perth showed off their talents including new faces for 2004.

user posted image

She donesn't look at all bad here.

Sorry can't post it but believe me she looks good.

Edited by Neeranam

But from  i read in TH  forum 80% of them said , Miss TH world look ugly and  look like  Katheoy  ..for me i have  no idea

A3737423-16.jpg

Angie is compared with Miss Norway (luk krueng also) ..Helen  who just  joined in Miss Universe b4 ...and  seem  Norway will send her to  Miss World peagent contest again

A3737423-6.jpg

From that picture miss Thailand is bauwk! (I'm sure she is a lovely person though) However, miss Norway looks pretty.

I've never watched any miss .... pageant's, but someone was saying one of the contestants couldn't even speak the country's language she was representing???!

I see women on the BTS every evening who'd trounce all over the Miss Thailand contestants if only the competition didn't involve contacts, sponsorship, whiteness and Chinese-based looks. I'll be happily amazed if ever they go back to respecting the natural beauty of pure Thais.

On a side note, has anyone seen Thailand's Top Model? Did anyone else keep thinking "WHY?!". Without make-up they look positively rubbish...with make-up they look barely acceptable.

They need a Thaivisa scouting team that's for sure.

I can't see the picture. All I get is a user posted image with an X. What is it BambinA?

miss tiffany universe, she was a boy ..and u ment about her

I didn't catch a name. My mother-in-law just asked if I thought she was pretty. I said yes and she laughed, than told me it was a boy.

She doesn't look like the person I saw. She had a diamond crown and had very white skin, but still looked very Thai. She wore something that looked like a western wedding dress. The picture was in a Thai mag like People.

She doesn't look like the person I saw. She had a diamond crown and had very white skin, but still looked very Thai.

p00miss%202004.jpg

her name is "Poy" Treechada

Yes, that's her. She is lovely, really beautiful! I am always amazed that Thais (men and women) can look so good. I don't understand sometimes why western women aren't more attracted to Thai men, they can very handsome, even when they dress like men.

I agree with you Kayo. She is just too cute! Even in the picture without all the make-up and curled hair, still so cute!

Edited by thaibebop

are u guys blind????

Miss Thailand looks pretty hot too me......!! and as for looking like a ladyboy, well some ladyboys are hotter than the stumpy fat arsed girls from the sticks...ahem issaan.....lol :D

She's not bad, but I have seen much better........

well, back to watching a movie with my "stumpy fat arsed wife" (Isaan) :o