Marriage And Divorce

Hello,

I would to know more about the law in thailand i will married soon here to live with my thai girlfriend and i bought a car and a condo in Thailand 1 year ago. If we divorce i haven’t the obligation to share with her right ? But when we will married in the cityhall, thai authority will ask me what i own in Thailand so if i say i have a condo and a car and in case of divorce i must share ?

:rolleyes:Thanks a lot

No.

In Thailand, anything either party owns at the start of the marriage is considered sin suan tua of the respective party. In a divorce, both parties receive their own sin suan tua assets plus half of the assets which are considered marital property, or sin somros. Once the marriage is in effect, any income you earn will belong 50% to your spouse, and vice versa.

No.

In Thailand, anything either party owns at the start of the marriage is considered sin suan tua of the respective party. In a divorce, both parties receive their own sin suan tua assets plus half of the assets which are considered marital property, or sin somros. Once the marriage is in effect, any income you earn will belong 50% to your spouse, and vice versa.

ok thanks i know that but i speak about what i bought before married, i need to know if the thai autority when i will married if the thai autority will ask me what i earned before to be married and if i say it if u have to share it ? Sorry for my english :)

No.

ok thanks i know that but i speak about what i bought before married, i need to know if the thai autority when i will married if the thai autority will ask me what i earned before to be married and if i say it if u have to share it ? Sorry for my english :)

Anything you had before the marriage is sin suan tua. Your wife will not get it in a divorce. If anyone asks, you can be sure it is only to record the information so that your wife will NOT be able to claim it in a divorce settlement. Sin suan tua belongs to you. Forever. Period. No, you don't have to share sin suan tua assets.

No.

Anything you had before the marriage is sin suan tua. Your wife will not get it in a divorce. If anyone asks, you can be sure it is only to record the information so that your wife will NOT be able to claim it in a divorce settlement. Sin suan tua belongs to you. Forever. Period. No, you don't have to share sin suan tua assets.

Ok thanks you very much that's what i talking about, so whatever if the governor, the thai autority or someone else ask me before or during the marriage what i own, it will be safe anyway :) Good news :rolleyes:

No.

Ok thanks you very much that's what i talking about, so whatever if the governor, the thai autority or someone else ask me before or during the marriage what i own, it will be safe anyway :) Good news :rolleyes:

Nobody should ask you what you own as it has nothing to do with getting married. I think at most there may be a line on a form asking for you income and this may be at your own embassy. Nobody asked anything about assets when I got married.

From your questions I would advise that you think very hard about even going through with the marriage. If it's just a transactional/convenience arrangement, then IMO you don't need to even share how much you have or make with her, much less anyone else. Thai's are always asking questions that are not any of their business, just say "I'm not telling" as politely as you can.

In my four marriages here, three of them have been relatively successful due to the fact that I treat the "wife" as a service provider, giving her a fixed monthly amount, plus bonuses based on performance, plus a quarterly lump sum amount for clothes etc.And make it very clear that building a house for her parents, buying more land for the rice farm, fixing Dad's tractor etc etc are up to her to save from the amount I give her.

All this must be perfectly clearly spelled out before entering into the arrangement. Otherwise demands inevitably escalate as time goes on, and if she's really good at her job, you'll be broke within a few years and then she'll move on to greener pastures.

I'm sure not 100% true for Thais in general, but 99.99% true for the kind of girls that set their sites on becoming a mia farang.