Thai Airways Begins Flights From Don Muang To Suvarnabhumi

george

I agree it must be 798 baht incl taxes.

Now that would work for me if I ever land at the wrong airport. And its faster than any taxi , even if you have to wait in a long queue.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know I'm not saying that our esteemed leader is misleading us BUT he has been known to pull a leg or two or three and as April 1 is just around the corner I smell a warm up. BTW Check out the CR at the bottom of the article.

Edited by gotlost

Know I'm not saying that our esteemed leader is misleading us BUT he has been known to pull a leg or two or three and as April 1 is just around the corner I smell a warm up. BTW Check out the CR at the bottom of the article.

Check out the first word of the OP. Bit of a give-away.

Check out the first word of the OP. Bit of a give-away.

I'll give him 4 out of 5 stars on this.:lol:

I am speechless.

Obviously the suit, or suits, that came up with that idea and plan do not live in our world nor do they have an idea of how illogical their plan is.

Oh, I now I get it!

Maybe they think that the bulk of those lost souls that went to the wrong airport are quality tourist Farangs and since everybody knows all Farangs are loaded, Farangs will pay the near THB8000 without blinking.

Amazing Thailand!:whistling:

It appears people are stupid.

I wouldn't say that. Those of us who have been here a long time don't get surprised easily anymore. Besides, being Thailand, the difference between satire and reality is a thin line. ;)

I do not think I want to put any monies into this airline plan. 10,000 flew into the wrong airport? The are probably really going to be happy when notified that for the small fee of 7980 baht (more than the ticket they purchased to get to the wrong airport) This man should be selling time shares, in Siberia.

Did you see that the post mentioned .."“Last year alone we had over 10,000 passengers who went to the wrong airport by mistake.." NOT FLEW .. that means these passengers travel by public transport except by air to the wrong airport.

Cheers!

I can think of a few reasons for doing it.

1. Transfer and transit passengers. Thai can conveniently move the flights so people have choice but use the service.

2 Same passengers sold tickets with this incorporated( many many newbies would not know of alternatives.

3.Due to whatever tine to time can "change"airport and passengers will be forced to use it

1 thing I have to question is the 10 flights per day, I can only see some kind of scam being inbuilt or behind it.

It's clear there is a scam behind it ... considering it's all just a joke. :rolleyes:

Joke?

I'm staying at Lad Krabang and just paid cash for 2 round trip business class seats to the guy out the front with the trolley selling banana fritters as a sideline. Hang on - he must have moved on to a different spot. Gotta go now...dry.gif

Thank my sound business acumen for making him promise to drop back later with the receipt and itinerary (he'd forgotten his laptop and 3g stick apparently), although he assured me that these documents were not necessary for this flight. Lucky huh?

Edited by andrew55

Know I'm not saying that our esteemed leader is misleading us BUT he has been known to pull a leg or two

Indeed. I'm always amazed by how many people get sucked in by these clever satire pieces from notthenation.

George must be laughing his *ss off when he posts these!

<snip>

why did they make the airport link ?

lol right, NOT

It's ok. They are fast tracking a train link to get to Don Mueng for people to catch the inter-airport flights.

Edited by whybother

This can't be real. :blink:

I would like to be a fly on the wall just to see the looks on the Gate Staff faces when passengers walk down to board the plane, and the laughing after it has leaves. :cheesy:

But then again a lot of first timers come to Thailand and have interesting stories to take back home. :wacko:

Just dig an underground tunnel and then use taxi bikes and Tuk Tuk's to/from Airports? :lol:

Yes Typo I am guessing also ฿798 not ฿7980

Glad I didn't make you reply. Changing forum identities is a hassle. whistling.gif

Edited by andrew55

I have to admit this article had me going: is this for real? have they lost their minds? is this a joke? Finally I saw the word "Satire" just before the headline. Good one!! The trouble is that I can imagine this happening here...

I can think of a few reasons for doing it.

1. Transfer and transit passengers. Thai can conveniently move the flights so people have choice but use the service.

2 Same passengers sold tickets with this incorporated( many many newbies would not know of alternatives.

3.Due to whatever tine to time can "change"airport and passengers will be forced to use it

1 thing I have to question is the 10 flights per day, I can only see some kind of scam being inbuilt or behind it.

Mate, you have a real low scam threshold. I mean, THAI is just a business, if people want it, they will pay for it.

If you want scam, look no further than the bridge they built between Australia and New Zealand. 2000km of taxpayer funded structure, with a green strip down the middle so sheep could be migrated back and forth when there was a drought in the southern half of Australia.

I wonder which fool in Thai Airways came up with this idea... 8000 for a five minute trip... it will be scrapped once the introductory fare is over anyway.

The only fool here is you.

By the way, I have a slightly used bridge over Sydney Harbour for sale. Sounds like you'd be the prefect customer to purchase it.

The funny thing about this thread is it is bringing out the conspiracy theorists. The people who are just so miserable, so paranoid, so ready to think that this country has it in for them, that they'll happily read something like this and go on the proverbial Thai bash.

Perhaps if they looked in the mirror they'd see the real reason why they are having such a bad time in LOS.

WHYBOTHER writes : "I hope they build the train line out to Don Mueng too. It might befaster to go out there and catch the plane to Suv rather than goingthrough Suv immigration"

Indeed a train line between Don Muang and the Suvarnabhumi airport ....has this been never considered?

Don Muang has plenty of parking space and could remove a lot of traffic coming from the northern regions trying to reach Suvarnabhumi airport.

I am living at 15 minutes from Don Muang and I still resent the idea to drive to Suvarnabhumi because I have to compete more and more with traffic jams going to the city.

From my house to the new airport should take average 50 minutes but I need to add minimum 60 minutes just in case I get stuck in traffic jams.

499baht...but after taxes its 7980baht ONE WAY !!!!!! I can fly to Singapore and back for that price.

I wonder if we need to check in 3 hours prior to departure for the 4min30sec flight. :lol:

The two major Thai airlines, both Thai and Bangkok Air are completely out of touch with reality on pricing. It is no wonder they fly with so many empty seats.

<snip>

why did they make the airport link ?

lol right, NOT

It's ok. They are fast tracking a train link to get to Don Mueng for people to catch the inter-airport flights.

At last a sensible post. Refreshing.

WOW amazed how many people dont understand the word " SATIRE:" .....the first word in this article.....:whistling:

Let 'em go. All harmless fun. Stop telling people. Interesting how many must comment after only reading the OP and the last post.

Again all good fun and quite harmless. TWITS!welcomeani.gif

Note self - Read George's posts on April 1.