Haveli Sunday Buffet

Oh dear Mole me old pal....looks like you'll just have to risk it. Prawns mmmmm! :licklips:

Smokie, my old china, you are discussing Sunday buffet at Haveli and its 4.30hrs in the morning in the UK. :o Should"nt you be thinking about eggs and bacon :D

Why are you using our Cockney Rhyming Slang ??

You tend to take the p*ss out of it & the people who use it on anotherThread on this Forum that i can think of ??

You're not contradicting yourself again Carmine are you ?? :D

Oh dear Mole me old pal....looks like you'll just have to risk it. Prawns mmmmm! :licklips:

Smokie, my old china, you are discussing Sunday buffet at Haveli and its 4.30hrs in the morning in the UK. :o Should"nt you be thinking about eggs and bacon :D

You tend to take the p*ss out of it & the people who use it on anotherThread on this Forum that i can think of ??

Strictly speaking no drama there wot wiv me being in the vicinity of the Boleyn Singher.....albeit the irony is no doubt lost. :)

Strictly speaking no drama there wot wiv me being in the vicinity of the Boleyn Singher.....albeit the irony is no doubt lost. :)

come on guys ,,,,,, leave the wacky backy alone

Bog off singher, this is a thread about ruby murrys :lol:

• 1 month later...

What's for lunch tomorrow? :)

the lamb at the emerald sounds good ..... unless Haveli can wack a mean Lamb Rogan Josh on the menu for tomorrow

hint hint

Rogan%20gosh.jpg

Edited by Boater

we have been there 3 times on Sundays so far > It's by far, very far, far away, not Indian and not Penangian, but eatable and ok and we will be there again for sure....nice garden, nice people, nice food, which also reminds of Indian food a little bit, but quite tasty and you are anyhow full afterwards.

recommended are the Lassies

we have been there 3 times on Sundays so far > It's by far, very far, far away, not Indian and not Penangian, but eatable and ok and we will be there again for sure....nice garden, nice people, nice food, which also reminds of Indian food a little bit, but quite tasty and you are anyhow full afterwards.

recommended are the Lassies

i think haveli is one of the only places in samui actually owned by an indian ( i find the other places are run by naplosie people ) ,

What's for lunch tomorrow? :)

the lamb at the emerald sounds good ..... unless Haveli can wack a mean Lamb Rogan Josh on the menu for tomorrow

hint hint

Rogan%20gosh.jpg

Hehehe subtle as a brick as usual.....:lol:

All true of course....I hope they're reading this cos...well.....:whistling:

ita 4.06am and i am still up working with the UK, a lunchtime curry it not lookng to good..... but Sweedy Tods full on breakfeast is looking good ! , plus they open in 3 hours :rolleyes:

All the more lamb for me :) anyway Mr Sweeney is doling out free beer if Luton win the playoff so it could well be a long errrm afternoon.....enjoy! :lol:

Lovely grub yesterday....great value for money. ;)

@Birdman.....one of our party was Indian and polished off four heaped platefuls! :o so I guess although not entirely authentic it certainly left him happy!

Thanks to the mystery diner for the lamb as well....delicious. :D

Smokie, what dishes were available yesterday?

A spicy dish with pieces of chicken breast. (my favourite)

A creamier chicken dish on the bone.

Vegetable curry.

A cauliflower dish which was spicy again.

Dal makhani

Mushroom Pilao or plain rice.

Salad and Raita.

Fresh warm rotis served constantly to the table.

Think that covers it. Missed the prawns last week sadly....

They looked more like naan to me.

According to Wikipedia naan are made of dough leavened with yeast and heated in a tandoor while roti is not leavened and heated on a flat iron surface.

I clearly remember the "bubble" like appearance on the naans which clearly means that they've been leavened and I'm sure that they made it in their tandoor.

Good to hear that the naan is included. Naan is a very important part of the indian cuisine expereince for me, and IMO makes or breaks a restaurant......just as important as the base of the pizza in an Italian restaurant.

Will have to get along to sample this buffet soon.

Question for Havelli staff - I filled out your form on your website for the resident's discount card. Can I pick this up when I visit and secure my discount on that 1st visit? (is the discount valid for the buffet?)