New Hotel On Moonmuang Road

dave2

the old kinnerly hotel ( next too tiger kingdom / mad dog ) which closed about two years ago has been completely re built

and is opening tomorrow at 750 baht a night !

which for a brand new hotel in that area i think is quite good

enjoy pics ... dave2

post-42592-0-52551000-1299930758_thumb.j

post-42592-0-24094100-1299930795_thumb.j

post-42592-0-27610400-1299930830_thumb.j

post-42592-0-80559500-1299930872_thumb.j

And so another Chiang Mai landmark, the Kinnaree hotel is lost.

Oh wait. :) No this is amazing.. very nice to see a decrepit sleazy dump be transformed into a nice looking hotel. And at a reasonable price as well, no BBS. (Boutique BS)

Next: The Muang Thong hotel...? :rolleyes: (That I would perhaps consider a loss. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

wtk .

re ... very nice to see a decrepit sleazy dump be transformed into a nice looking hotel. And at a reasonable price as well

uhhhh... a decrepit sleazy dump ?

the kinerley used to be home to many many many friendly girls often 6 to a room and i spent lots of happy hours during the day and nights there for years .

ohhhh happy days ... ohhh happy .......... : )

but i aggree ... its a good addition for chiang mai at a good price to get thai tourisum back on its feet

dave2 : )

wtk .

re ... very nice to see a decrepit sleazy dump be transformed into a nice looking hotel. And at a reasonable price as well

uhhhh... a decrepit sleazy dump ?

the kinerley used to be home to many many many friendly girls often 6 to a room and i spent lots of happy hours during the day and nights there for years .

Right. Me too. When I say 'decrepit sleazy dump' I mean that in the happiest possible way. ;) (When there you must have noticed that the building must have seen better days.. )

I used to stay at a very good hotel/guest house, called "Sri-Pat Guesthouse" on Soi 7 ( I think, forget now, but pretty sure) Moonmuang. They are owned by a very nice, very scam-free family ...intelligent, nice people. It isn't he cheapest place in town, not really for backpackers, more in the 800-1000 baht a day range ...but I haven't checked the price for several years.

They were getting a lot of repeat business, because they are good, so they don't discount much or at all. But they have nice, really clean rooms, with refrig, good TV, good aircon, great bathrooms, with real showers, not showers on top of your toilet ..good food, nice people, etc. And it is a great location.

wtk.

re ... (When there you must have noticed that the building must have seen better days.. )

and some of the girls who lived there : )

this morning i purposly went past to see all the balloons , bunting , flags , dancing girls , meeters and greeters , flyer givers etc

and there was .... nothing ...

there was a big line of fire crackers accross the archway to the back and a sign with 9 - 1 - 3 on it

so i left .... by the time i walked to the top of loi kroh road someone let the fire cracker off coz i could hear it

so i went back to see if the party had started and the only people i could see was the security man and the door opener reading the paper inside.

i thought maybe they were waiting for a certain " auspicious " time to open it

so i went back at about 5 and still nothing so i sat outside for about 15 minits coz i was baffled now and not one person or car went in or out .

very strange ..... dave2

ps ... amycat ... your right the sri pat is a lovely hotel and the owners are a nice family but they dont like you bringing " friends " home

trust me i know : (

post-42592-0-51926400-1300024596_thumb.j

..... and ? You forgot to post what the new hourly rate will be.

That always was a funny place. Might've ventured in once or twice.....

What's the deal with Muang Tong ? Where is it ? Why don't I know it ?

The Muang Thong holds the official title of the Worst Hotel in Town. It's on Moon Muang almost directly across from where Loi Kroh is. next to the Elephant Nature place. someone has set up a small fruit shake stand on the corner where the entrance is.

wtk .

re ... It's on Moon Muang almost directly across from where Loi Kroh is. next to the Elephant Nature place. someone has set up a small fruit shake stand on the corner where the entrance is....

and ( being pedantic ) a new coffee place on the other side of the front entrance

there is a side entrance to it almost opposite the gekko book shop just down from tonys big bikes

rdt ... re ... What's the deal with Muang Tong ? Where is it ? Why don't I know it ?

its actually called muang thong but you should get out more and then you would know ... : )

its next to queen bee travel here ... see pic

the last i heard it was 130 baht an hour six months ago ... but it might have gone up ?

dave2 ... still baffled about the old kinnerly ' opening " that didnt happen : (

post-42592-0-63640800-1300035702_thumb.j