Thais Have Not Decided Which Party They Will Vote For In The Next Election

Lite Beer

ABAC Poll: Thai people have not decided which party they will vote for in the next election

By NUPPOL SUVANSOMBUT

BANGKOK, 13 March 2011 (NNT)-In the latest survey by ABAC poll, the majority of respondents said they had yet to decide whom or which party they would cast their votes for in the next general election.

The survey was conducted among over 2,000 people at 18 years of age and older from 17 provinces across Thailand. The poll found that the majority of them would vote for candidates who they perceived were of high moral standard and integrity.

Meanwhile, almost all of them said they would vote for candidates with ability rather than for their good looks. When asked if they had to choose now whom they would vote for, half of them said they had not decided yet. 17% said they would vote for the Democrat Party, followed by the Pheu Thai Party at 16%, and 7% would go for other parties.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-03-13 footer_n.gif

Well, I'm sorry, I absolutely do not believe the poll's finding that "the majority of them would vote for candidates who they perceived were of high moral standard and integrity", much as I would like to.

I think their answers were just them trying to sound intelligent when interviewed by a university poll. Would you tick a box for "whoever pays me" when handed such a survey?

Some will vote for their local "uncles", some will vote for whoever pays them, some will vote the same way that they have always voted regardless of past records of performance and integrity. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Also - perception of high moral standard and integrity is highly subjective. Nonetheless, there are very few politicians that can claim their perceived moral standards and integrity are 100% intact. So in a way it's no surprise that Thais don't know who they're going to vote for!

Well if 50 % are truly undecided, after the last 5 years of Thai politics, after watching the activities and listening to party heads, keeping abreast of the misdeeds, incarcerations, mis information (used to be noted as lies), and other antics., The knowledgeable voters should have a good list of not wanted candidates.

Might be a unique way to vote, vote out the known bad and then chose from the remainder. I can see it now, a country run by noodle/portable food vendors. Revive the 'chicken in every pot', they will follow any one for a meal. OK, send me back to Politics 101.

Well if 50 % are truly undecided, after the last 5 years of Thai politics, after watching the activities and listening to party heads, keeping abreast of the misdeeds, incarcerations, mis information (used to be noted as lies), and other antics., The knowledgeable voters should have a good list of not wanted candidates.

Might be a unique way to vote, vote out the known bad and then chose from the remainder. I can see it now, a country run by noodle/portable food vendors. Revive the 'chicken in every pot', they will follow any one for a meal. OK, send me back to Politics 101.

Great post and VERY accurate. The morons inciting all the protests, thieves and liars, those saying burn the city, the (many) corrupt officials, should all be dropped and not receive a vite and then let's choose from the remainder. That should put the cat amongst the pigeons.

It would be nice to know, how far into the sticks they went to ask their questions and to which type of people they actually spoke to?

jb1

or simply how the poll was conducted ... in person at the shopping malls ... door to door ... over the phone via an automated call .... on a Facebook page????

I am really clueless how the continue to come out with these so-called polling results when they never have any link to any information about the polls including the actual questions asked This one is so vague it doesn't even give actual results and instead uses like most and half. But the entire poll basis seems to be retarded in terms of asking people if they will vote depending on a persons look or if they would vote for a corrupt vs. high integrity person.

Who is going to answer these questions by saying "I'll be casting my vote for the most good looking candidate unless there is somebody incredibly corrupt then they get my vote"

Even if you want to believe such questions make sense then you would need to ask these of people in a way they knew they were anonymous to get accurate answers. For all we know those polled were required to have their ID information recorded before taking part and being given a free sticky rice coupon.