Car Registration & Insurance

Hello All,

First of all I'ld like to say thanks to the forum & speciall those who replied me for License renewal issue....by the advise I got my license renewed without any problem....many thanks for that.

Last year April 18th I bought a car from TOYOTA (financed by SCB)....the Insurance/Foloboo (don't know what is exactly in English) / and Car Registration all were done by showroom it self. Now I've to renew all those....pl. advise me

1. I have 1st party Insurance from VIRIA Insurance Co., how do I renew it? Should I ask the showroom to do it and I just pay only or is there any other way?

2. will it be cheaper if I go by my self than asking the showroom or other channels?

3. wot would be the aprox. cost , if I plan to buy 1st party insurance again? I didn't have any big claim last year....only one for some scratches on my car when I was parking it @ home....but not so big.....

4. How to get renewd "FOLOBOO"?

5. How to get renewd "Car Registration"....?

6. where I can apply for renewal of Car Registration....and how much do I need to pay?

all information and advises would be highly appriciated.

Many Thanks & Best Regards

Rahul Khare

Others may be able to give you more detailed info

From my experience as a car owner:

Insurance: You should get a renewal letter posted to your address as per your blue book, that is the address you gave when buying the car. Or you can shop around for different cover with another company.

Registration: I know this as 'annual tax' I think that is what you mean. Shown on a disc displayed in the front screen. You will need to show valid insurance before obtaining this. I get this from my local town office, the same one as where I get my driving license. You show your blue book, and details are entered, a new disc is also given.

Viriyha Insurance can be purchased from company itself, or through broker like Toyota dealer or Thaivisainsurancedotcom. Be aware of common scams from showroom sales staff collecting your money, but never buy Insurance for you. Price differ, depending on car. even a small claim, you v lost next years No Claim Bonus 20%. NCB follows car. Your contract with Finance probably require you to keep car 1st class insured

Tax, Invoice should be recieved from Financecompany a few weeks prior to due, and payed to them. If not bring copy blue book to DLT, pay and recieve window sticker there. A small car is like 700 baht, 4door 3,0 is 6800 baht. Proof of compulsory Insurance is needed to pay/recieve tax sticker

Thanks for reply....I don't have any Blue Book....as I got this car on finance by SCB, I only have insurance paper/a copy of finance from SCB bank / stickers pasted on front screen.

I have Toyota Vios "E"....how much do I need to pay as tax.

Viriyha Insurance can be purchased from company itself, or through broker like Toyota dealer or Thaivisainsurancedotcom. Be aware of common scams from showroom sales staff collecting your money, but never buy Insurance for you. Price differ, depending on car. even a small claim, you v lost next years No Claim Bonus 20%. NCB follows car. Your contract with Finance probably require you to keep car 1st class insured

Tax, Invoice should be recieved from Financecompany a few weeks prior to due, and payed to them. If not bring copy blue book to DLT, pay and recieve window sticker there. A small car is like 700 baht, 4door 3,0 is 6800 baht. Proof of compulsory Insurance is needed to pay/recieve tax sticker

Thanks for reply....I don't have any Blue Book....as I got this car on finance by SCB, I only have insurance paper/a copy of finance from SCB bank / stickers pasted on front screen.

tax is approx 700 baht for Vios

I would contact Finance to pay tax and get a copy of blue book, as a copy in car is required by law

Thanks....I may contact the finance to get a copy of blue book.

I would contact Finance to pay tax and get a copy of blue book, as a copy in car is required by law

Thanks....I may contact the finance to get a copy of blue book.

As a Thai Visa member can we suggest you go HERE for an on-line quote to compare with your present insurer ?

As a thaivisa member you are not allowed to post stuff like u did i think... At least not your own ones u benefit from...

Im at tokyo marine, dealer helped me out and no commission, at least i dont pay more as i should pay for my 1st class insurance...

Anyone same insurance company? I hear them on the radio a lot so i guess its well known, but it doesnt tell anything about their quality l....