Maybe To Long In Bkk

springer64

Returning to Thailand start of sept but have to meet my son whos not arriving till a week later,7 nights is to long for me in BKK, going to samui with him later and maybe Phuket.I would like to have a few days somewhere close enough to go back and meet him from the airport,do not want to go to Pattaya.Any suggestions where i could spent 3/4 nights not to far from bkk, i also don't want another domestic flight as we'll be taking a few when he arrives.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I can also recommend Hua Hin. Go to Victory Monuement, take a mini-bus to Hua Hin (approx. 2 hrs 30 min.). The bus drops you off in the town centre - alternatively take a taxi (I don't know the cost from BKK).

Hua Hin, or Ko Chang. Can get a bus from the eastern bus terminal directly to the ferry station to Ko Chang, about a 4 hour bus ride.

If you don't want to go to a beach you could go see the ruins in Ayutthaya and Lopburi. Both close and easy to get to by train.

I can also recommend Hua Hin. Go to Victory Monuement, take a mini-bus to Hua Hin (approx. 2 hrs 30 min.). The bus drops you off in the town centre - alternatively take a taxi (I don't know the cost from BKK).

Yes but a dagerous way to travel, I live here and see the way they drive often, a taxi can be had for 1500 bhat .

Bang Saen (Quiet Thai Beach resort) 1 hours drive from Bangkok. Not a fantastic beach, but quiet, cheap and close. Good Thai food and aircon rooms close to beach 3-400bt per night.

Kanchanaburi. Not a beach place but up into the hills and lakes. Very mellow place with lots to explore. 2 hours drive from Bangkok.

ALSO HOME TO BRIDGE ON RIVER KWAI

Yes but a dagerous way to travel, I live here and see the way they drive often, a taxi can be had for 1500 bhat .

So he better not go to Phuket in case of a tsunami, or fly to Samui in case the plane crashes...........mini buses are fine and a cheap way to travel

Bang Saen (Quiet Thai Beach resort) 1 hours drive from Bangkok. Not a fantastic beach, but quiet, cheap and close. Good Thai food and aircon rooms close to beach 3-400bt per night.

Kanchanaburi. Not a beach place but up into the hills and

lakes. Very mellow place with lots to explore. 2 hours drive

from Bangkok.

Kanchanaburi! I agree. Beautiful scenery, waterfalls etc. Lots of excursions to do. As you are on your own I advise staying on soi Farang. Lots of resturants, bars and all the amenities. Great food too, Thai and Farang. I recommend Phong Phen guesthouse and Friend bar and resturant.

ALSO HOME TO BRIDGE ON RIVER KWAI