Free Condoms

WinnieTheKhwai

In these economically challenging times I'm finding that condoms are relatively expensive, and I go through a lot of them.

Does anyone know where the main distribution point is for the condoms the government provides for free? Then I can just go there and get a box or two of a hundred of them. Possibly the government health station on Suthep road? Any other places? I'm looking for new/recent lots of course. And the warm fuzzy feeling of getting some of my tax-baht back.

Is this a Troll question or are you bragging about your sex life?

It maybe a gardening question in disguise ; condoms have many uses apart from producing "that warm fuzzy feeling" akin to getting a tax rebate. It might get more replies in the Farming,Pets and Vets Forum.

a box of a couple hundred? really....how on earth can you screw this much? sounds like someone is very CHEAP and trolling

here is my theory: either its alot of back door gay sex (Seinfeld: "not that there is anything wrong with that") but not my cup of tea or you are hitting alot of bar girls and thus is the cost of the condum really expensive when you are already paying to get laid?

or your are one slutty gal I hope to never meet

No trolling. I see government workers hand out condoms in bars sometimes. Would like to get to the source. I've managed this before in another part of Thailand.

What is it about condoms that brings out these challenges, more than any other product or service offered here? Regular part of life is it not, plus a very real expense field in my spending Excel sheet. But yes, a box of hundred would likely last me a while; no bragging.

Actually, K. Winnie, they're getting more expensive worldwide. In The States I can't believe the cost these days. I always looked at it this way though - let's say it's even $1 each - that's still a very well-spent dollar considering all the fun you get to have with it vs all the other money you drop on not-as-fun items/ activities. It works out to about 14.5B/ea with the 10 pack I buy. Better than in town. Makro's not good for many things, but rubbers is a def yes !

But, if you dare drop some more Bahts on some jimmies, I buy mine in the 10 (12?) pack at Makro. They also sell the vendor box with maybe 10-12 of these boxes inside them for just over a grand. All told, that's maybe a gross of condoms. I'd like to know I had that much homework lined up for myself. In Makro Hang Dong, if you walk in by the carts and the escalator, you've got to go hard right, past all the registers and the little customer service desk, and they're on the bottom right about shin/ foot level.

What's you favorite brand ? I think they only have Durex there. For me it's the Featherlites (the gold ones) only, thin and roomy enough. Don't be deceived, Kingtex is certainly not king-size ! And the other funny flavors ones don't interest me. TMI ?

It maybe a gardening question in disguise ; condoms have many uses apart from producing "that warm fuzzy feeling" akin to getting a tax rebate. It might get more replies in the Farming,Pets and Vets Forum.

So will it keep the pests from eating the cucumbers? Never thought of that possibility or are they good for tying your tomato bush to the stakes?

It is my understanding from farang's that have utilized this free offer, that the blood circulation in the nether regions tends to be cut off dramatically. ohmy.gif

Keep in mind that they do more than one size. While the larger onces still aren't huge (52mm), they ARE made of latex so will stretch big enough to wrap around a Volkwagen bus. (Slight exaggeration there, but you know what I mean).

Elektrified: True, yes. Though the closest Cabbages & Condoms is half way to Chiang Rai. Last time I was there they only had old stock, mostly for show it seems. There should be places right here around town.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Heh, juvenile banter, very funny. So.. nobody here uses free condoms? Perhaps I should wait until some of the bar owners wake up, surely they must know which place is the best to just walk into as a Farang and get them in quantity without too many questions asked.

Heh, juvenile banter, very funny. So.. nobody here uses free condoms? Perhaps I should wait until some of the bar owners wake up, surely they must know which place is the best to just walk into as a Farang and get them in quantity without too many questions asked.

Have you sad lot nothing else better to talk about.

Have you sad lot nothing else better to talk about.

What, sex? And practicing it safely? I am not sure what you are complaining about...?

No trolling. I see government workers hand out condoms in bars sometimes. Would like to get to the source. I've managed this before in another part of Thailand.

What is it about condoms that brings out these challenges, more than any other product or service offered here? Regular part of life is it not, plus a very real expense field in my spending Excel sheet. But yes, a box of hundred would likely last me a while; no bragging.

Let me know when you find the supplier, winnie. I'm almost finished my gross and I've still got a couple of weeks to go.

Let me know when you find the supplier, winnie. I'm almost finished my gross and I've still got a couple of weeks to go.

Come on guys, the economy is in bad enough shape as it is.......pump some cash via condoms in.

When it comes to condoms, the old adage "You get what you pay for" truly does apply. I've tried these before and they are a bit like wearing a Goodyear Tire. I would highly suggest that you toy with the numbers in your Excel sheet, find other areas in which to skimp, and invest in a nice supply of Polyurethane or Polyisoprene condoms from the US. Well worth the investment.

If you absolutely can not spare the extra baht, then I would suggest saving all the plastic bags/ rubber bands your Thai meals are delivered in. You can wash those out and stockpile those for use during your escapades. They will feel much better than the free government supplied Goodyears.

Additionally, as you seem to be on a highly restricted budget, I have a tip for you. You can actually recycle condoms. All you have to do is turn it inside out and shake the "fuc_k" out of it...

Enjoy,

-Mestizo

A moot point - 52mm is too small anyway; there's a reason condoms are 54mm standard in the west.

I think you're just trolling but if not, I'd recommend volunteering at an AIDS charity, they always hand out free condoms.

But, generally, those organization that hand 'em out for free don't do it for tight-as-a-duck's-ass sex tourists, but rather for poor working girls who might otherwise not use them.

a box of a couple hundred? really....how on earth can you screw this much? sounds like someone is very CHEAP and trolling

here is my theory: either its alot of back door gay sex (Seinfeld: "not that there is anything wrong with that") but not my cup of tea or you are hitting alot of bar girls and thus is the cost of the condum really expensive when you are already paying to get laid?

"either its alot of back door gay sex"

I don't understand, for straight sex you don't need condoms???

Edited by garycm

But, generally, those organization that hand 'em out for free don't do it for tight-as-a-duck's-ass sex tourists, but rather for poor working girls who might otherwise not use them.

Not sure about tight sex tourists, but they hand them out to me just fine. :)

Not sure if you read the topic, but I've obtained them before, elsewhere. Anyway, the forum seems less than helpful, I'll go research myself. I may must post back when I find the answer myself. :huh:

I also used the example of the sex tourist or what I call "the guys that can't get laid back home"

Not sure about tight sex tourists, but they hand them out to me just fine. :)

Not sure if you read the topic, but I've obtained them before, elsewhere. Anyway, the forum seems less than helpful, I'll go research myself. I may must post back when I find the answer myself. :huh:

I don't think it was the question but the way you asked and talk like you're Wilt Chamberline...anyone can get laid in Thailand as many times as they want...

I also used the example of the sex tourist or what I call "the guys that can't get laid back home"

so, then just call it sex tourism.

I have seen NGO'S go lady bar to lady bar and pass out free a couple gross (144 each) of condoms to the girls along with having a talk about safe sex. The girls would keep the condoms on the premises to have access.The condoms were not passed out to customers.:ermm: