Non-Imm O

Looking for advice.

Currently have a non-imm O multi-entry. I am due to make my first border run on 12 Apr. I assume when I cross back over, I am good for another 90 days?

The reason I have not requested an extension of stay is that I work in Africa, and am often gone longer than 90 days, therefore would miss my reporting date (not good).

Is my method sound?

As long as i'm working should I continue this?

I am second guessing myself about my visa.

I appreciate any assistance.

If you are not in the country for 90 days there is no requirement to report.

So I can do an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai, and pay for a multiple re-entry permit, and leave the country, go work for 120 days, miss my report date, and no problems?

I knew I wasn't grasping everything.

If you wish. You would not be missing a report date.

The requirement is for staying 90 consecutive days in Thailand.

You just have to make sure that you are here for the application and also to pick up your extension 30 days after application.

Do keep in mind that for an extension of stay based on marriage you need to be in Thailand when the time comes to get the extension and also have to be in Thailand 30 days later to get the actual extension. Sometimes a multiple non-O is more convienient.

Thats why I never applied for the extension, as my work is very spontaneous. I seldom get a weeks notice.

Here is what I am thinking and correct me.

I feel very certain I will not have work between now and 22 April.

Is it feasible to:

* Go this week and apply for an extension to stay and re-entry permit.

* Make a border run on 12 April to re-set my non-imm O. multi-

* Go to my appointment to receive my actual extension.

* Leave the country on 22 April.

Or

Just make a border trip on 12 April.

Leave on 22 April

Come back 3-4 months later?

When I come back. Can I re-enter on my existing non-imm O multi that was issued on 12 Jan 2011? Or will a new visa be required?

Your multiple non-O should be valid till 12 Jan. 2012 (The stamp on the visa tells you the exact date). Every time you travel to Thailand before that date you hget a permission to stay in Thailand for up to 90 days. Enter Thailand on 11 Jan. 2012 and you will still get another 90 days. If you want to enter Thailand after the visa itself expires you will need a new visa or get only 30 days on arrival by plane.

Your multiple non-O should be valid till 12 Jan. 2012 (The stamp on the visa tells you the exact date). Every time you travel to Thailand before that date you hget a permission to stay in Thailand for up to 90 days. Enter Thailand on 11 Jan. 2012 and you will still get another 90 days. If you want to enter Thailand after the visa itself expires you will need a new visa or get only 30 days on arrival by plane.

Got it. Thanks