First Class Motorcycle Insurance Is Now Available At Sumet Cycle

SumetCycle

We now have first class motorcycle insurance for PCXs and CBRs. It is offered by Thai Cosmos Services, a local insurance broker. You will be covered for third party liability, damage, theft, and fire. You will also be covered for loss of life, dismemberment, and permanent disabilty. Medical and bail bond coverage is also included. The cost of coverage for one year is as follows:

PCX: 5,800

CBR 150: 5,900

CBR 250: 6,500

CBR 250 w/ ABS: 6,600

In order to purchase coverage, you would need to bring your bike by our shop so the insurance company can take photos of it. This insurance should be available at most dealers in the near future. Please message me if you are interested. Thanks.

Brian

Here are the coverage amounts for the first class insurance:

Third Party liability

Bodily injury: 200,000 baht per person / 10,000,000 per accident

Property damage: 500,000 baht per accident

Own damage, theft and fire

Own damage: 45,200-80,000 depending on model*

*500 baht deductable pre accident

Theft/fire: 45,200-80,000 depending on model

Personal accident

Loss of life, dismemberment, permanent disability: 100,000 baht for both driver and passenger

Medical expenses: 50,000 baht

Bail bond/accident: 200,000 baht

Yes a Great price, very different to the 11,400 I was recently quoted for a PCX,

Thought there was some law saying max price for 1st class bike insurance cannot be over 10k in Thailand ?

Maybe non Thai Companies can charge what they like ? I got 2 other quotes from Thia Insurance Companies 1 @ 5,800 the other @ 6,100.

Prices seem very high to me ,but where are you based .

We are on the Bangkok/Nonthaburi line, just around the corner from the Mall Ngamwongwan. Here is a link to google maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=13.855462,100.544708&num=1&sll=13.878174,100.550232&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&ll=13.855351,100.547132&spn=0.005854,0.021973&z=16

Here are the coverage amounts for the first class insurance

: . . . .

Own damage, theft and fire

Own damage: 45,200-80,000 depending on model*

*500 baht deductable pre accident

Theft/fire: 45,200-80,000 depending on model

Personal accident

Loss of life, dismemberment, permanent disability: 100,000 baht for both driver and passenger

Medical expenses: 50,000 baht

Bail bond/accident: 200,000 baht

(emphasis added)

The real advantage of "first class insurance" is the theft coverage it provides. It is impossible to tell the extent of the coverage of this insurance because the theft coverage is given as a wide range "depending on model". I just looked at the insurance receipt I was given by the Honda dealer when I purchased my new PCX about 5 months ago. It shows 48,800, which I assume is the maximum payout if the bike is stolen or destroyed -- not very much, but better than nothing. I paid less than B2,000 premium for this first class insurance for 1 year. I will renew it when it expires if it is available at the same rate. Unless the coverage offered by Sumet is significantly better than what I got, it is as noted by Thaifan very expensive. And why would anyone buy "insurance" where the maximum payout on medical is B50,000? The maximum payout on medical expenses (self) on the insurance I purchased is B100,000, and I thought that was inadequate. Check around before you buy......

Edited by Thailaw

thailaw..."I paid less than B2,000 premium for this first class insurance for 1 year."

You did not pay for 1st class insurance. You paid for fire/theft insurance with personal accident/ bail bond. It does not cover accidental damage.

As you said check around before you buy B)