Australian Man With Fake US Dollars Arrested In Pattaya

webfact

Australian Man With Fake US Dollars

An Australian man was arrested with possession of counterfeit currency, after he was caught red-handed trying to exchange US dollar bills in South Pattaya.

Pattaya, 15th March 2011 [PDN]: At 10 p.m., Police Major Aroon Prompan, Chief Officer of Tourist Pattaya Department, Chonburi with the team held a press conference in regards to the arrest of 55-year-old Australian man, Mr. Garry Leon Skowronski (Passport No.M 7846734). The suspect was charged with trading of counterfeit currency. He was caught red-handed trying to exchange seven USD$100 bills, of which five were fake and two were unidentified.

Full story and pictures HERE

-- Pattaya Daily News 2010-03-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

what a bright lad!

presenting two bills with the same serial number in the same batch at the same time for exchange

it could even form part of his defense

he could claim if he really was guilty of trafficking in counterfeit currency why would he be so stupid as to do that?

Australian caught with fake US Dollar Bills at South Pattaya foreign exchange

PATTAYA: -- An Australian was arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police on Tuesday Night, accused of attempting to exchange counterfeit 100 US Dollar notes. Khun Ganjana aged 29 works at the TT Exchange Booth on Pattaya Second Road and called the Tourist Police after she determined the US Dollar Notes were counterfeit. One indicator was the fact the serial numbers on the bills was similar.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-03-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I wonder what the chances of being caught if he had simply exchanged one note at a time using different exchange booths? :whistling:

in amongst 5 good bills , he would not have had a problem i guess unless it was a very poor copy

if he was tumbled he could have said that he was duped too when he got them

he would have had to make a better job of hiding the others though at his room and not confide in a Thai

they are hopeless at keeping secrets........

I wonder what the chances of being caught if he had simply exchanged one note at a time using different exchange booths? :whistling:

in amongst 5 good bills , he would not have had a problem i guess unless it was a very poor copy

if he was tumbled he could have said that he was duped too when he got them

he would have had to make a better job of hiding the others though at his room and not confide in a Thai

they are hopeless at keeping secrets........

Are you serious that Thais are hopeless at keeping secrets....?

Perhaps, it might not be true in all cases though, right?

Some Thai ladies kept your secrets, did they not, sir? :o

I always tell all my secrets to my lovely daughter.... and every time she laughs so heartily and gives me a big smile too.... as a reinforcer each time....

Just like to reassure me.... I know.... I understand you dad.

And she is only 1.5 yr old.... :jap:

Edited by vont